Just the facts, ma'am : collected information from the devs - READ BEFORE POSTING!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread. But to facilitate keeping up to date with new info, would you mind marking new bits of information? Either via new posts in the thread, or highlighting them in the opening post.

Minor update from a post by captain Gars:

(Monarch Points)
-These points accumulate, but there is a cap to how many you can have (8/12/12)

On the supposed trade routes, is it not possible that they could be lines of logistics instead?

Also, the Timurids have a name on the world map. This means that the start date is earlier than the 1445, (don't know the exact date) or so I think anyway.

Last edited:
On the supposed trade routes, is it not possible that they could be lines of logistics instead?

Also, the Timurids have a name on the world map. This means that the start date is earlier than the 1445, (don't know the exact date) or so I think anyway.

That is an excellent point!

very nice thread - good to get all the important informations so fast!
Thank you

Nice. Though I think it would help if you made it clearer what is "a literal quote" and what is interpretation.

There's practically no literal quote in there. Originally I was going to make it a collection of quotes, but that was simply long, cumbersome, and given the many different ways in which quotes can be given, it was unhelpful.

What you have is my summary of what was said. All of it is in some form subject to interpretation (because my summary is built from my understanding of what they say, and understanding is a form of interpretation), but I tried to my best ability to avoid any sort of guesses.

Some extra regarding the armies:
On the screenshots on Rockpaperguns, you can see that they use the Sendoku/CKII-army system, where they have colours to identify between allies, neutral and enemy (something which I miss in DW having been used to CKII :)

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but at least it's an improvement on EU3-DW, where they use the experience from CKII.

Personally, I hope that's what it means.

Great thread. But to facilitate keeping up to date with new info, would you mind marking new bits of information? Either via new posts in the thread, or highlighting them in the opening post.

+1. This would make it much easier to follow new information.

I'll make new posts when there are updates; but constantly marking and unmarking information as new would be a major undertaking, so don't expect it.

Some extra regarding the armies:
On the screenshots on Rockpaperguns, you can see that they use the Sendoku/CKII-army system, where they have colours to identify between allies, neutral and enemy (something which I miss in DW having been used to CKII :)

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but at least it's an improvement on EU3-DW, where they use the experience from CKII.

They'll probably use that, but in general I'm guessing that we shouldn't take stuff we see in these early alpha screenshots as something that'll nessecarily be in the game. Written statements from the devs are probably more reliable, right?

They'll probably use that, but in general I'm guessing that we shouldn't take stuff we see in these early alpha screenshots as something that'll nessecarily be in the game. Written statements from the devs are probably more reliable, right?

Highly doubtful that they'd show something that isn't going to be in the game, at least in my opinion.

Highly doubtful that they'd show something that isn't going to be in the game, at least in my opinion.

I'd guess that some of the stuff we see, especially when it comes to the UI, will be subject to change after feedback from QA and testers. Early on, some of it will be placeholders and so on. Though I guess these first shots are carefully chosen as to not show anything completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.