Just the facts, ma'am : collected information from the devs - READ BEFORE POSTING!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So not sure if this has been answered but can someone expalin me how this ''-The game should include cooperative multiplayer where multiple players control a country.'' will work?

Also,this will be freaking epic "-There will be coalitions, which are targeted alliances against a specific country (offensively or defensively)."

Same as EUIII. Two players can control different parts of the same country at the same time. Thus, you can have one person handling military matters on one side fo the kingdom whilst another deals with building and diplomacy elsewhere. If neccesary you can then switch roles.
Basically it ends up meaning you need less pausing, since you've got two pairs of hands dealing with things.

Same as EUIII. Two players can control different parts of the same country at the same time. Thus, you can have one person handling military matters on one side fo the kingdom whilst another deals with building and diplomacy elsewhere. If neccesary you can then switch roles.
Basically it ends up meaning you need less pausing, since you've got two pairs of hands dealing with things.

I never got into EUIII MP so I did not know that,thans a lot bro.

Been swamped for the past several months. I should have time to tackle it.

Also, and additionally, I'm finding that adapting the information from the DDs, especially the country-specific ones, is iffy. I don't think listing all the country abilities is really what this thread should be about.

Been swamped for the past several months. I should have time to tackle it.

Also, and additionally, I'm finding that adapting the information from the DDs, especially the country-specific ones, is iffy. I don't think listing all the country abilities is really what this thread should be about.

For my money, I think just links to the dev diaries would be perfectly acceptable.

Yes, that's what I may end up doing.

Hehe, darn. Was looking for a converter from CK 2 to EU 4, but alas, no plans :) Would like to see the Scandinavian empire consisting of Jerusalem, Portugal and half of Italy in EU4 :D

Mega-update, sorry for the time it took. It's probably missing various comments by Gars and others, but at least it covers by and large DDs (except country-specific information), and Johan's comments from his official account. Any important quote from the other developpers or the Balor account should be pointd out so I can add it in.

Would this graphics card (ATI Radeon 6570 1Gb HD HDMI) be able to handle the game?
These are the specs for Crusader Kings 2. If you can play CK2 (which also uses 3D maps and terrain), I imagine you could play EU4:

System Requirements for CK2
Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900, 512mb graphics memory required.
DirectX®: 9.0c
Sound: Direct X-compatible sound card
Additional: 3-button mouse and keyboard

Mr. HJ - in your 12-29 mega update, you posted this line

"Resources distribution for already-settled provinces will not be randomized, but colonizable territory will work like in Divine Wind."

Can you please explain to me how the Divine Wind resources in colonizable territory works? I switched to the MM mod around In Nomine, and am not familiar with that mechanic. Thanks very much - JWSIII

I think it's the same system as In Nomine. Uncolonized province have an unknown resource. Once you've colonized them, you get an event assigning them a resource (from resources available in their region of the world), at random.

Thanks for the catch! I don't know how that happened.

-There are no plans to make the game 64-bits compatible at present

GOD DAMNIT! that means i cant buy the game when its out then??? a lot of ppl use a 64-bits system so you just lost thoses potential customer!.... SNIFFF:sad: is it because its more difficult to make a game like EU4 compatible with 64-bits than the 32-bits or whatever?

I think it's the same system as In Nomine. Uncolonized province have an unknown resource. Once you've colonized them, you get an event assigning them a resource (from resources available in their region of the world), at random.

best news I have had in some time; thanks

I clarified the line about 64 bits due to the above confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.