• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hasukoi

Recruit
18 Badges
Jan 5, 2021
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hello, I just bought crusader kings 3 a few hours ago, and for the past few hours have tried to play the game. However, each attempt has had massive stuttering and freezes every few seconds, lasting for a second or two. I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling Geforce Experience, setting priority to high, it just doesn't work. I've tried getting past the main menu and seeing if the game itself won't stutter but it does it all the same. It is actually unplayable for me. I don't think its my computer either, considering i can run Cyberpunk 2077 on high with no issues or any other game for that matter. If i cant resolve this, i'd rather get a refund. I really was looking forward to ck3 after playing ck2 for a hundred plus hours many years ago, but this is very disappointing so far

Sup, i have the same problems and still waiting for a solve.. u should post ur dxdiag.txt, system.log, error.log and pdx.settings.txt otherwise andrew, the only support here, cant help ya

I've investigated more, and i receive no fps drops while the stutters occur. Using WASD to move around the map causes no stutters, and moving my mouse around it what causes the issue. However, considering i need to use the mouse a lot, it not very feasible to use only wasd.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log