• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I may be able to help with history if you want

I've finally constructed some events for the next version. The Karaite Exilarchy gets destroyed when needed, and there's a decision to restore the Temple. I'm thinking about removing the traits I've added, and make everything focus on the two unique dynasties. Perhaps I'll keep the son of David trait, for the Muslim opinion bonus. I've also removed the landed titles for now, as well as the option to reform the Jewish religion. The latter mechanic tends to make the reforming king a Cohen Gadol.

Should Israel be an empire title, so I can boost the Temple to king level and give it it's own holy order, the Temple Guard? :unsure:

I may be able to help with history if you want
Sure, help is always appreciated.
Is there any special benefits to being Jewish?
I've opted to allow Jews to loot in the new version I'm preparing. It fits with Khazaria and Semien, the only two Jewish nations.

I don't know if Israel should be an empire. In the bible it states it as a kingdom. "from the sea of reeds (Red Sea) to the Sea of the Philistines (Mediterranean sea) and from the desert to the Euphrates River". in Hebrew it says from the river of Egypt yet we don't know what was meant although it is assumed today that it is the Nile. you could perhaps make the kingdom of king David as the kingdom and have those lines be the empire as technically it qualifies as an empire (An empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch or an oligarchy.) and if you don't know what lands to include you could look at the next line-exodus 23:32-"I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you." meaning that if we take Egypt as an example it could possibly (again, we don't know) all the lands that Egypt owned at the time the Hebrews were leaving Egypt.
p.s
quick reply my ****

I don't know if Israel should be an empire. In the bible it states it as a kingdom. "from the sea of reeds (Red Sea) to the Sea of the Philistines (Mediterranean sea) and from the desert to the Euphrates River". in Hebrew it says from the river of Egypt yet we don't know what was meant although it is assumed today that it is the Nile. you could perhaps make the kingdom of king David as the kingdom and have those lines be the empire as technically it qualifies as an empire (An empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch or an oligarchy.) and if you don't know what lands to include you could look at the next line-exodus 23:32-"I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you." meaning that if we take Egypt as an example it could possibly (again, we don't know) all the lands that Egypt owned at the time the Hebrews were leaving Egypt.
p.s
quick reply my ****
Yeah, I would certainly have given it the "Kingdom of" prefix. It would have been for the mechanics, so the Temple can have a holy order. But perhaps that's not really necessary.

The simplest thing would be to localize the Kingdom of Jerusalem to Israel for Jewish characters, but that would decrease compatibility with other mods.

Getting a little odd in the topics here =/. Honestly I think it would make more sense to simply make the Kingdom of Jerusalem be called "Isreal" when ruled by someone of the Jewish faith. Or an option in the dicisions to "Form the Jewish Nation", and have it run similarily to refounding the Roman Empire in the LOR expation.

Is it compatible with the current game version?

Is it compatible with the current game version?
I'm working on a new version. You can probably play this, but you'll lose the icon for the Hellenic religion.

So, does the reformation mechanics work?
Not like it should. The next version will have a more simple system, with a decision restoring the high priesthood.

I only need a way to make every generated high priest of the same dynasty (Kohen), and then I can release the new version.

Okay, people, there's a new version. Now that I'm getting the hang of events, expect more of these in new versions. I could use some help with the actual content of the events, though. The Jewish fairytales I have are a bit too fantastical.

I've also added Korbah's warning to the first post. I have missed the posts in questions, but I fear that this is a good thing. Keep it clean, please. :)

I don't know if this question has been asked but can I use this mod with for example PB orCK2 + ?
No. You could combine the mods yourself, however.

Not like it should. The next version will have a more simple system, with a decision restoring the high priesthood.

I only need a way to make every generated high priest of the same dynasty (Kohen), and then I can release the new version.

Okay, this looks really neat, do I have permission to use it in a mod I am working on possibly?

Okay, this looks really neat, do I have permission to use it in a mod I am working on possibly?
Sure, just credit me and link back to this topic. :)

I tried using this with Project Balance and VIET just for kicks, and the only problem I noticed is that Jewish women seem to regularly marry both non-Jews and other women, whether they're underage or not.

No. You could combine the mods yourself, however.

Do you just mean by merging the folders for Judaism and PB together? If not, can you describe what I would have to do, exactly? I know diddly squat about CK2 modding, but I'd really like to play this mod with Project Balance and VIET.

Do you just mean by merging the folders for Judaism and PB together? If not, can you describe what I would have to do, exactly? I know diddly squat about CK2 modding, but I'd really like to play this mod with Project Balance and VIET.
I guess that would work. Merge, and compare duplicate files.