• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amric

Hurricane Sergeant of Arms
2 Badges
May 4, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
This is what is known as an FC OOC thread. OOC means Out of Character. It orginally was intended as a place for the writers of the FC and readers to post comments and strategy.

This OOC thread is for comments on the story. We<collectively as writers and readers> have decided to resurrect the concept of the OOC thread. This thread is for commenting on Journey to the Far East: An FC Spinoff<2008>. All comments are welcome, just please post them here. That way the Journey Story thread can stay clear of comments.

Both Redwolf, myself, and our guest writers thank you for your support!

Last edited:
ooooooooooo..... I look forward to this...

I missed the original Free Company AAR's, but I will most certainly follow this one.

Amric said:
Damn, that's even more impressive than the one you sent me via email, Redwolf....:)

I know, amazing how much better the it looks just by playing with the font colours and size.

Sweboy said:
Sounds interesting. Will you be releasing provinces as a trader nation to use as the start point.?

Er Sweboy, the Free Company is not based not on a saved EU3 game actually.

The Free Company is actually a multi-writer collabaration started by Lord Durham telling the stories of a mercenary company known as the Free Company.

The spin-off that Amric and I are doing is actually a continuation of the stories of our characters from the Free Company. We actually started the story once but it was abandoned after a while due to RL issues from my side. This time we aim to complete the AAR.

To the rest, thanks for your support and I am amazed that there are still many of you out there who remember or even know about the Free Company considering that the last Book was written about 3 years ago.

redwolf said:
To the rest, thanks for your support and I am amazed that there are still many of you out there who remember or even know about the Free Company considering that the last Book was written about 3 years ago.

Old fogies of the world unite :D In fact I vaguely remember trying to step in myself when the last far east FC attempt was made.

Estonianzulu said:
Old fogies of the world unite :D In fact I vaguely remember trying to step in myself when the last far east FC attempt was made.

Ah yes, I remember that one. It was Phalanx's attempt at a multi-writer collabaration during the Crusades era.

Though last i checked, Jerusalem was somewhere in the Middle East rather than Far East. ;)

Hooked already! Wish I'd come to this forum earlier so I could've read the other Free company AAR's as they were being written.

Enewald, actually I already have the next few chapeters written out but before I post them, I am hoping to have a distinguished member of the old Free Company do a cameo introduction post for us. Lets see how that goes.

JP, I remember you reading my previous AAR. Thanks for the support then and thanks for the support now. We will do our best to complete this one this time round.

Qorten, ah yes, the days of the Free Company were indeed something back then. I recall many sleepless nights writing my contribution for Book V and Book VI. With the release for EU:Rome, I feel that there is a good potential for a Free Company like story to be done there in the near future. Cross fingers and pray hard. ;)