• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strange, I've been having similar nightmares.
It was, in part, a nod to our current circumstances - but also reference to the fact that when I loaded up the game after a several month hiatus and loaded up a couple of fights I lost pretty handily.

Week 38/2 - Operation Unicorn
Week 38/2 - Operation Unicorn

With the security post removed the Capellans initiated their "asset recovery" operation. The base they had identified was stuck in a area undergoing rapid desertification over the last few centuries. Sand drifts everywhere, but plenty of evidence of how things used to be - not least some quite sizeable clumps of dead trees parched nearly white by heat, light, and wind. I sent down Frost in Slaserstarter - fresh from being repaired by Yang. Courser took out Clawsome, Scythe piloted Lady V, and finally Cruise helmed Gnatapult.

I think the locals realised something was up, but maybe because of yesterday's raid or just having lost their own records of the place, didn't know exactly where we were. Their lance advanced on a very broad front when they stumbled across us. The target was a walled compound, and most - but not all, the buildings were lower than the surrounding walls. There was only one opening and we were arrayed in front of it. And naturally that is where the vanguard advanced.

Closest was a Firestarter - and I wasn't happy with the idea of those Flamers having fun with us in a desert's heat. Frost, it seemed, felt much the same. She charged up to the guy in Slasterstarter, and socked it so hard the enemy pilot barely stopped it falling over - while all her small lasers light the thing up beautifully for Gnatapults LRM20 delivery - which did knock the thing over for Frost to deliver the final killing kick shortly therafter.

Meanwhile to our right a Phoenix Hawk-1K and a Javelin-10A advanced. Scythe shot up the Javelin pretty bad and Frost turned on the Hawk. Meanwhile Clawsome took out a Spider -5V from the other flank, which got up onto a rise and nearly wrecked a building. With eyes on the compound they summoned their second team, that dropped to our right. That team took out that one tall building with LRMs, and there went that bonus.

Frost then took apart the Hawk with another solid punch, coring it after it had already eaten an LRM20 salvo. Scythe took care of the Javelin, and Cruise blew half of the Spider apart. The problem was, apart from Cruise, most of the mechs were too far away to do anything about the OpFor's second lance. Well Frost sprinted over with Slasterstarter - Lady V hopped with jump jets using its LRM5 to provide some long-range support - and Courser didn't have to get that close to be effective with the LRM20 on Gnatapult - whch finished off the Spider allowing Clawsome to spot the new foe.

The second lance had a ShadowHawk -2D in front. a Javelin -10N, and a Grasshopper. The ShadowHawk was our target though. It got one good salvo off on Clawsome, and then we pretty much took it apart between Clawsome's Large Lasers, Gnatapult's LRMs, and Slasterstarter finishig it off with a another punch. Meanwhile the Javelin was going round the back of the compound, and Lady V head off to counter that. We got some good damage on the Grasshopper, but after jumping into its rear Frost started swearing - she had meant not to alpha only using her smallers, but he medium laser nearly took her heat critical. When the 'hopper jumped over the compound wall she followed, but after the alpha and two jumps she couldn't fire. If she had ...

Well, she couldn't, and shortly thereafter the Caps completed their ransack of the place and yielded the remains to the locals, and the fight stopped.

We're going to be heading out soon. Not sure where yet - we've got an executive meeting in the next ten minutes to decide.

Week 40/5 - Insystem to Jayia & Status Report
Week 40/5 - Insystem to Jayia & Status Report

We're a couple of days out of Jayia. Ser Brindemo wanted us to take a job in Linhauiguan, but I said no. Don't want to get too beholden to the bloody Caps. Though I reckon we'll get more work in Payia as I've heard even if House Liao doesn't bother controlling the dump anymore itself it seeks to stop anyone else doing the same.

Last week I finished the paperwork for the MRB, plus our own details. Will append that down below. On the way out of Cluff's Stand Yang put Kestrel into storage to get the Shadow Hawk out. Decided to keep the fit simple - that nice AC/5 that punches over its weight, a Large Laster, five jump jets and some armour. Said we're going to call it Shadow Kestrel, seeing it took Kestrel's slot.

Mind you, Yang finally got the third and final section of the mech bay operational - so as it happens we now have plenty of space. Need to decide what to do with it. Told Farah to start working on those plans to reinforce the Argo's structure. That may have had something to do with Scythe setting up a shooting gallery in the remains of Gamma pod. We told him to keep it to standard side arms and rifles, but apparently he saw nothing wrong wtih Frost toting in some light artillery that put a few holes in the hull. Of course Frost had cleared it with Scythe - though I reprimanded them both. Frost just took it, cool as you like. Scythe, well he's feeling a bit downbeat. Apparently he ain't talking to Frost anymore either. Hope they'll get over it.

Anways, let's see what Payia brings us, and here's that report:

FINANCE

Total Operating Costs: 306.450
Total Salary Costs: 262.400
Total Funds: 5.782.787

ROSTER

Falcon
Jill Kerrmor
7-6-6-6 : Multi-Shot + Bulwark
Commander

Courser
Rufus Sahni
5-6-6-5 : Bulwark + Sure Footed
Brave - Canopian (Commoner) - Military (Mercenary Recruit) - Periphery - Spacer

Cruise
Hayato Stanton
6-6-5-5: Multi-Shot + Sure Footed
Aurigan Commoner - Brave - Command Experience (Corporal) - Military (Infantry) - Periphery

Frost
Sherri Pop
5-6-6-5: Sure Footed + Bulwark
Honest - Periphery - Taurian Commoner - Technician (Technical School - Mech Tech)

Graceland
Maria Robertson
8-6-6-7 : Multi-Shot + Bulwark + Breaching Shot
Criminal (Smuggler) - Inner Sphere - Kuritan (Henin) - Merchant (Independent Trader) - Spacer

Khepri
Christine Bolton
5-6-5-5 : Sensor Lock + Bulwark
Capellan (Liao Commoner) - Inner Sphere

Rifle
Willem Long
5-6-6-6 : Sure Footing + Sensor Lock
Dependable - Taurian - Nobility - Periphery

Scythe
Debra Flowers
5-4-4-4 : Multi-Shot
Canopian - Military - Nobility - Officer - Periphery - Unstable

Warlord
Concepcion Persson
6-7-7-6 : Sure Footing + Bulwark
Bookish - Dependable - Honest - Periphery Commoner - Technician (Tinker)

STABLE

Lord E - Enforcer ENF-4R
Armour: 840
Wpns: LB10-X, L Laser ++
Eq: 2x Heat Sink, 4x Jump Jet S, Cockpit Mod + (+2 Injury Resist)

Lady V - Vindicator VND-1R
Armour: 720
Wpns: PPC+, M Laser ++, LRM5 ++, S Laser
Eq: 6x Heat Sink, 4x Jump Jet S, LRM Ammo

Clawsome - Crab CRB-20
Armour: 1040
Wpns: L Laser +, L Laser, S Laser ++
Eq: 3x Heat Sinks

Sunrise - Assassin ASN-21
Armour: 560
Wpns: M Laser +, SRM6, SRM4 ++
Eq: Intercept System, SRM Ammo

Gnatapult - Trebuchet TBT-5N
Armour: 800
Wpns: LRM20 +, 2x M Laser
Eq: 5x Jump Jet S, 2x LRM Ammo, Comms System (+1 Resolve gain)

Gwennie - GRF-1N
Armour: 1080
Wpns: LRM10, L Laser ++, M Laser ++
Eq: 5x Jump Jet S

Spots - Wolverine WVR-6R
Armour: 1040
Wpns: MG, 3x SRM6
Eq: 5x Jump Jet S, 2x SRM Ammo, MG Ammo

Shadow Kestrel - Shadow Hawk SHD-2D
Armour: 920
Wpns: AC/5 ++, L Laster
Eq: 5x Jump Jet S, AC/5 Ammo, Cockpit Mod (+1 Injury Resist)

Iron Jay - Jenner JR7-D
Armour: 600
Wpns: 4x M Laser
Eq: 4x Jump Jet S

Slasterstarter - Firestarter FS9-H
Armour: 720
Wpns: M Laser, 6x S Laser
Eq: 5x Jump Jet S, Heat Sink

Triple F - Firestarter FS9-H
Armour: 440
Wpns: 4x Flamer, 2x MG, 2x M Laser
Eq: 6x Jump Jet S, MG Ammo

Quoth - Raven RVN-1X
Armour: 480
Wpns: SRM6, 2x M Laser
Eq: X-1 New Equipment, SRM Ammo

STORAGE

King Crab KGC-0000: ¼
Orion ON1-K: ¼
Archer ARC-2R: ¼
Grasshopper GHR-5H ¼
Warhammer WHM-6D: ¼
Thunderbolt TDR-5SS ½
Thunderbolt TDR-5S ¼
Thunderbolt TDR-4SE ½
Quickdraw QKD-5A: ¾

Griffin GRF-1N: ¾
Griffin GRF-1S: ¾
Shadowhawk SHD-2D: ¼
Wolverine WVR-6K: ¾
Centurion CN9-AL: ¼
Hunchback HBK-4G: ¼
Hunchback HBK-4P: 1 + ¼
Trebuchet TBT-5N: ¾
Blackjack BJ-1 ½
Blackjack BJ-1DB ½
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K: ¾
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1: ½
Vindicator VND-1AA: ¾
Vindicator VND-1R ¼
Assassin ASN-101 ¼
Assassin ASN-21: ¼
Cicada CDA-2A ¼
Cicada CDA-3C ¼
Vulcan VL-2T ¼

Firestarter FS9-H: ¼
Jenner JR7-D: 2 + ¾
Panther PNT-9R: 2 + ½ (includ. Kestrel)
Javelin JVN-10F: 2 + ¾ (includ. Jukebox)
Javelin JVN-10A: ¼
Javelin JVN-10N: 1
Spider SDR-5K: 1 + ¾
Spider SDR-5V: 2 + ¾
Urbanmech UM-R90: ¼
Urbanmech UM-R60: ¼
Urbanmech UM-R60L: ¼
Commando COM-2D: 1 + ½
Commando COM-1B: 2 + ¼
Flea FLE-4: 1 + ¼
Flea FLE-15: ¾
Locust LCT-1M: 3
Locust LCT-1V: 2
Locust LCT-1E: 2
Locust LCT-1S: 1

4x AC/5
1x AC/10
2x AC/10 ++ (+20 Stab. dmg)
1x AC/20
2x UAC/2
1x AC/2 Ammo
3x AC/5 Ammo
3x AC/10 Ammo

3x L Laser
55x M Laser
7x PPC

16x LRM5
1x LRM5 + (+1 Stab. dmg)
8x LRM10
4x LRM15
1x LRM15 (+1 dmg)
2x LRM20
6x LRM Ammo

9x SRM2
1x SRM1 (+50% Crit)
4x SRM4
21x SRM6
18x SRM Ammo

6x Flamer
30x MG
8x S Laser
2x MG Ammo

5x Jump Jet H
59x Jump Jet S
50x Heat Sink

Week 40/7 - Operation Rolling Pin
Week 40/7 - Operation Rolling Pin

So our first op on Payia, a nice straightforward bit of "laundry". Apparently some local security officer went clean, and the "freelancers" she associated with wanted a little payback. Of course the chap had her own security detail. We dropped with Graceland in Shadow Kestrel, Warlord would take out Spots, and I decided to try piloting Gwennie. To round out our number I asked Frost to helm Triple F - I figured the desert would be a good place for Flamers.

In was a night job, which was probably the first problem. We got a little stuck below a small ridge - we could see hostile mechs on scan and they could see us, and we all spent a few minutes dinking around trying to get position. Eventually first Frost, and then Graceland , jumped up onto the ridge whilst Warlord took Spots up a slope and I followed in support. At first we only engaged three mechs - a Locust -1S, Vindicator -1R, and a Commando -2D. The Commando was our first target, but he proved surprisingly annoying to take out.

Next it was the turn of the Vindie, and this was easier - but not afore Triple F took one to the cockpit. Frost's laconic "I'm about to start a medbay tour" said it all. Still she nicely fried up the Vindicator and Graceland then eviscerated it with the AC/5. By which time, however, a Thunderbolt -5SE had rolled up and Spots had taken a solid shot from something firing two PPCs - and there ain't too many things that generally do that.

In truth the Bolt fell easier than I expected - Frost helped brew it up and we all let loose on it. Unfortunately it managed to knock Triple F to the ground, smashing the leg to a mess in the processes. Frost, after jumping away, made a quip about having an "extended tour" of the medbay, so I ordered her to keep out. Against the three of us of remaining the Bolt didn't last long, and for some reason our actual target hadn't showed. Turns out he was piloting a Catapult -K2 (of course), and was ... well I imagine he was panicking.

We swarmed him - Graceland and Warlord went low and unleashed hell, and I took a ridgeline. As it happened my first alpha ignited something inside - MG ammo I guess - and that was the job all done.

Frost was right - she'll likely be in the medbay for a full month, and that's a sore loss. Triple F, well Yang and his new fancy kit will have it fixed up by tomorrow. We took what was left of both the Thunderbolt and Catapult. Still not enough to construct our own.

Just another day at the cleaners'...

Couple of bad hits there, but sounds like Frost should be fine, if a little rattled.
Yeah. The head hit was just bad luck, but tbh I was expecting something less than ideal up against the Thunderbolt. Despite it being a Desert map just didn't have a decent target from a heat perspective. Ah well.

However the impact of all the upgrades on the Argo can now be seen. Missing leg repaired in but a single day.

I see you´re half way into completing 2 Thunderbolts. Good luck. The TDR were good enough to use even in the campaign final mission.

And yes, i´m ignoring that oversized medium (Quickdraw) you´re about to complete. :D

I see you´re half way into completing 2 Thunderbolts. Good luck. The TDR were good enough to use even in the campaign final mission.

And yes, i´m ignoring that oversized medium (Quickdraw) you´re about to complete. :D
Aye :)

Unfortunately the shops keep stocking parts for mechs I don't have :D