• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

familyguyboy2

Recruit
6 Badges
Feb 12, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Hello fellow Pardox players. I love this game. But when it comes to multi-player it just doesn't work.

Me and my friend have been trying to play together but nothing has worked so far. We tried Meta-server thing. We tired doing it through Hamachi which has worked before for me in the past. Anyone know how we can resolve this so we can play together and rule the ancient world ? When we try join each others games it says "Game not found"

We both have same version as they are on steam.

Any advice or help will be most gratefully welcomed.

best regards

familyguyboy2 - Gneaus Genea Caesar

Last edited:
There are a number of technical requirements:

- you and your opponent(s) must have the same game version with the same checksum
- you and your opponent(s) must open the required ports in all your firewalls
- whoever is host should have a static IP address
- whoever is host must forward the required ports in their router to that static IP address

I don't know offhand what Rome's ports are, it should be in the manual.

Hello and thank you for your quick answer Andrew,
We both have by all means the equal checksum: Rome v2.32c (IYID), and we modded or changed nothing on the game. My IP-Address is also static for all I know currently. Fact is that we tried to join our games inside the Metaserver and also with IP-Addresses. We tried even Hamachi, but it said always: "Connecting... Game not found..."
To my knowledge there is no manual for Rome Gold Edition from the Steam version, so I dont know which ports are required to be opened.
Maybe someone has already experience with Rome Vae Victis Multiplayer and could tell us about he played it together with friends or something like this. We would be very grateful for any help.

Sorry for my deficient English.

best regards
King Leonidas S (Steam: Portgas D. Ace/ Kaiser_Warrior_II)

The VV manual is in the FAQ forum here, but it doesn't talk about MP as that didn't change in VV. So the Rome manual ought to be available from your Steam account - it's certainly available on my GamersGate account for instance.

Anyway for your convenience here's the relevant section:

Before launching the game, each player should ensure that his system is set up to receive and transmit data. Many computers are set up so that Clients will not need to change any settings. However, firewall systems may block game transmissions, so an exception to the firewall rules will need to be made to play Multiplayer. Many people may want to play on a computer that is behind a router. Most routers include firewalls, which can also interfere with the game. A Host that is behind a router will almost certainly need to enable port-forwarding to establish a connection with the Clients.

Europa Univeralis: Rome uses ports 1630-1635 and the UDP transfer protocol (or, if you’re using the Metaserver, port 1637). You may need to ensure your firewall software permits EU:Rome to access the Internet, and that port-forwarding is enabled on your router, if applicable. Due to the huge variety of software and hardware, we cannot provide comprehensive instructions on how to do this with your specific setup. For legal and practical reasons, we also cannot automate this process. Please refer to your router and firewall user guides to determine how to meet these requirements.

If you will be playing a game where players will connect directly over the Internet without using Paradox’s free “Metaserver” matchmaking service, the Host will also need to determine his computer’s current IP address and communicate this to the Clients.