JOIN US tomorrow for our third Development Stream where we'll enter the Mechbay

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Social_mechbay_stream.jpg

TUNE IN tomorrow as return once more with more BATTLETECH! This week we're stepping into the Mechbay in order to have a closer look at how to put together an effective Lance! Just like last time we're bringing some of the HBS Development crew over video call and streaming from the Paradox Interactive Studio, join us tomorrow at 18:00 CEST RIGHT HERE

Last edited:
Please clarify salvage mechanics please. Do new mechs obtained from parts come without weapons (Q&A #10 @16:15) or with stock weapon (Cohh's preview gameplay).

Also, will you be able to store mechs that is damaged (missing parts) into the Argo in the final version? Currently, it seems you have to waste time and money to repair the damaged mech before you can store it thus forcing you to store perfectly good mech obtained from salvage first.

I don't think any of the streamers have actually looked at storing a mech voluntarily. It has always been after salvaging enough pieces to rebuild a new mech and having to clear space in the mechbay for the new one.

Are SRM/LRM heat numbers seen in the latest beta the final values? Aren't SRM6's supposed to be more heat efficient than SRM4's?

Is there a way to add or subtract units of armor less than 5 at a time? The only way I've seen to do this is with the "maximize armor" function, but that also redistributes the armor.

How do we pull a 'Mech out of storage and replace an active one? How long does this take?

How does the heat efficiency bar work when you have multiple sets of weapons that function at very different ranges, and/or jump jets? Does it assume you fire everything and jump every turn?

When we get the 3 components of a 'Mech, are they really supposed to appear in your 'Mechbay fully assembled with a stock loadout, without subtracting the weapons etc. from your storage nor requiring any assembly time?

Are we really going to be forced to repair badly damaged 'Mechs before we can mothball them?

And off-topic:

When will we get an official Wiki so we can start documenting all the stuff we're learning, such as the hardpoints on each chassis and variant?

Are any other streamers going to be playing the game? It looks like Cohh has stopped, and he's the only one that put significant time into it.

Last edited:
@TheLetterZ
Offtopic, but do you know anything about an battletech paradox forum (edit i mean wiki).
Do we get one and if yes when can we asume it online? Thx

Edit: looking forward to tomorrows stream.

Last edited:
Please tell me the most effective way to put your lance in my mechbay, senpai.
CuteAtlas.jpg

Last edited:
Are any other streamers going to be playing the game? It looks like Cohh has stopped, and he's the only one that put significant time into it.

I know that Phil from NGNG.tv is planning on streaming BT later today but I do not know what time. It is most likely going to be later this evening around 9-10pm EST but you can follow the channel to get a notification when he goes live.

Cohh is only have 1-2 days off due to scheduling commitments. He's said he's going to continue playing it up until release because he's having so much fun. Wait, sorry, his excuse is "I'm one of the few people who have been given access, so I have a duty to play it. Right guys?"

Please clarify salvage mechanics please. Do new mechs obtained from parts come without weapons (Q&A #10 @16:15) or with stock weapon (Cohh's preview gameplay).

Also, will you be able to store mechs that is damaged (missing parts) into the Argo in the final version? Currently, it seems you have to waste time and money to repair the damaged mech before you can store it thus forcing you to store perfectly good mech obtained from salvage first.

We already know the answer to this. When you collect 3 parts for a new mech, it comes without any weapons. If you have the corresponding weapons then the default loadout will be placed in the mech. For the most part, the version being streamer is the final build so yeah, your going to need to repair mechs before you can store them. You can just send new salvaged mechs to storage.

We already know the answer to this. When you collect 3 parts for a new mech, it comes without any weapons. If you have the corresponding weapons then the default loadout will be placed in the mech. For the most part, the version being streamer is the final build so yeah, your going to need to repair mechs before you can store them. You can just send new salvaged mechs to storage.
The version shown by the streamers didn't check for "If you have the corresponding weapons", it just created a new copy of those weapons out of thin air and placed them on the 'Mech. People checked things like the count of medium lasers in storage before and after assembling a 'Mech, and confirmed that even if you had the appropriate weapons on hand, it didn't use those, you just got free copies for some reason. Also nobody ever said the streamers have the final build, they describe their build as a beta.

The version shown by the streamers didn't check for "If you have the corresponding weapons", it just created a new copy of those weapons out of thin air and placed them on the 'Mech. People checked things like the count of medium lasers in storage before and after assembling a 'Mech, and confirmed that even if you had the appropriate weapons on hand, it didn't use those, you just got free copies for some reason. Also nobody ever said the streamers have the final build, they describe their build as a beta.

Technically, after a game hit beta (which just means the game is feature complete) then every build afterwards is beta until the game is released. Devs have posted that the streamers are playing a build that is 99% the game on release.

I've been watching the streamers myself and I'm pretty sure this is how salvage works. But hey, no harm in asking this and getting an official answer.