Join the Stellaris Official Discord Server!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aceparadox

Community Manager (Stellaris)
Jan 9, 2020
Hello Stellaris Fans,

I’m AC, Community Manager for Stellaris and Stellaris: Console Edition.

We’re proud to announce the Stellaris Official Discord Server!
This server will form a new hub for Stellaris players on PC and Console, allowing us to share news, events, and Discord exclusive activities with you all.

Come and discuss strategies, share fan art and players stories and meet new friends to challenge in multiplayer sessions.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Link: https://discord.com/invite/StellarisOfficial

discord_invite_social_2.png

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
No thanks, I already have an account here on the Paradox site and I can keep up with all the various Paradox game updates here.

I do not want or need another account for some site that I have no other reason to go to.

If you guys proceed with moving all the Stellaris info over to some site other than this one, well I'll stop keeping up with it and likely stop looking for any updates/future DLCs etc.

What's next, attempting to move CK3, HOI4, etc onto other sites?

If you want to move all your updates onto a single site that's not Paradox fine, but picking one and moving that is bull feces...

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
No thanks, I already have an account here on the Paradox site and I can keep up with all the various Paradox game updates here.

I do not want or need another account for some site that I have no other reason to go to.

If you guys proceed with moving all the Stellaris info over to some site other than this one, well I'll stop keeping up with it and likely stop looking for any updates/future DLCs etc.

If you want to move all your updates onto a single site that's not Paradox fine, but picking one and moving that is bull feces...

Can you? Because AFAIK - and maybe im wrong - Stellaris suffers from a complete radio silence for more than a month here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Stuff like this looks incredibly redundant if I consider that Paradox had already opened up THIS forum ( all its sub-sections ) to pretty much everyone ( without conditions like an actual account and the ownership of actual base-games / DLCs ).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nah, I'll stick to the Stellaris Modding Den and the forums, thank you.

• 4Like
Reactions:

CK already has a discord! https://discord.gg/ck3

And this isn't something we're doing to replace the forums. This is another channel of communication for us to our Community :)

Can you? Because AFAIK - and maybe im wrong - Stellaris suffers from a complete radio silence for more than a month here.

Dev Diaries will resume later in the summer. Most of Sweden takes a vacation July-ish, for around a month. The past few weeks they've been busy planning things that are going to come later in the year/next year. So there's been a rush to get everything planned before everyone goes on vacation, hence the silence. In this case, no news is good news :D

Reactions:

And this isn't something we're doing to replace the forums. This is another channel of communication for us to our Community :)

Dev Diaries will resume later in the summer. Most of Sweden takes a vacation July-ish, for around a month. The past few weeks they've been busy planning things that are going to come later in the year/next year. So there's been a rush to get everything planned before everyone goes on vacation, hence the silence. In this case, no news is good news :D
I appreciate saying something about the lack of communications. I really do appreciate it. But I believe, It'd make a WHOLE lot of people happier if someone posted an official thread about the vacation. Most of the people don't follow on discord and don't look through all of the threads. But enjoy the vacation guys, you deserve it after 2.7

Last edited:
Reactions:
I appreciate saying something but the lack of communications. I really do appreciate it. But I believe, I'd make a WHOLE lot of people happier if someone posted an official thread about the vacation. Most of the people don't follow on discord and don't look through all of the threads. But enjoy the vacation guys, you deserve it after 2.7

Will pass along that feedback, thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions:

o_O why do we need another communication channel between us and PDX? what would be special about it in comparison to paradoxplaza forum?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Add this to twitter, reddit, and the countless other ways that Paradox has decided to communicate IN PLACE of their own forums.

It would be one thing if the tweets, reddit posts, and discord summaries were ALSO posted here, but they usually aren't, which means that coming to the OFFICIAL FORUMS of Paradox is often the LEAST productive way to find out anything about the game. This has been a problem since Wiz started tweeting and ignoring the forums and has only gotten worse (for Stellaris).

Reactions:
If it's like the Paradox Community discord where there's 1000 people spamming the most inane updates about their current games, I'll pass.

Reactions:

The original post read more as a we've created this new site and you need to start heading there to keep up with details/info. If it's just another area they are going to post updates to, fine.

However, if they are planning on moving items from here and only post into Discord (without moving all the other games/development news) then they may want to re-think that.

Reactions:
It is just another set of forums, with some pretty nasty people, if you disagree with them, from what I hear.

Nope.

Think of it more like a modern teamspeak or ventrillo.

There is usually channels that you can chat in, channels for announcements. And say you were playing Mp with a bunch of people you could suggest a channel to join and be able to talk to them over voice.

Discord is now very widely used, where there are humans there are nasty people. It's not like this forum is some wonderful safe space.

I really don't get the pushback on this, use it or don't. But maybe take a look for yourself and learn what you're pushing back against (this is more aimed at the whole thread)

• 1Like
Reactions: