Join the Stellaris 3.3 Grand AI Tournament now! :)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then we get to wait 3-4 months. They stated it would come out in autumn/fall.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Take your time. Just post a link to the new tournament here when you start it, so we all get notified.

Reactions:
Version 3.4 is like a beta, unfinished work. I'd rather waited a few months for 3.5. And 3 tournaments a year are too many.

To make the next tournament exciting, a deadline for empire submission should be set, maybe a day before 3.5 released. So nobody can test and optimize their empires with the new AI.

Reactions:
I agree that if we only have 2 tournaments a year, it would be better to wait for 3.5. But the question then becomes whether three tournaments really would be too much and this mostly depends on our gracious host. As a mere participants I'd have no issues with it.

I’m hoping to turn my spreadsheet into an c# App, but I’m busy at work at the moment. I’ve spent a bit of time learning about things like serialisation and deserialisation though. Be a nice side project for me.

Im sure using an app or web app would be more intuitive for most people incl. @Thoughtful Gaming LP ^^

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’m hoping to turn my spreadsheet into an c# App, but I’m busy at work at the moment. I’ve spent a bit of time learning about things like serialisation and deserialisation though. Be a nice side project for me.

Im sure using an app or web app would be more intuitive for most people incl. @Thoughtful Gaming LP ^^
Hey hey, sure if you want to put that amount of effort in, it's welcome :)
But really I am fine with the spreadsheet, I just didn't find the time to integrate it while running the tournament. When I can start using it then it will be my prime method to put the data in. The only thing that stopped me last time was that I would have to put the 70 empires into the spreadsheet when I already had put them into my kind of data thing. For that, I would have had time before the start, but not while running the tournament :)

So I'm happy with anything. It will be a huge help now in whatever form!

I understand, well for me is just a learning thing, I’ll do it when I’m able, rather than forcing it. Gl in the new tournament, I look forward to it again.

• 1Love
Reactions:
In version 3.4, crisis empires get crushed every time. A few crisis fleets stand no chance against a swarm of galactic fleets.
Crisis 1.png

Crisis 2.png

I once put 3 genocidal empires in a galaxy of 12 empires. They destroyed 3 empires. 2 of them became Crisis (not at the same time), but the combined fleets of the remaining empires still defeated them.

On a side note, AI 3.4 hates machine empires.

• 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, I wanted to ask if someone or I can make a mod from the last tournament again (as https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2072885384)?
Absolutely if you want to, just mention this thread, tournament, my channel. But I don't really own the content, it's provided to me by the people who brought the empires for the use in and around the AI tournament so that's why I avoid doing it myself because of all the legal stuff that could be involved, especially in EU environment :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
So if I understand correctly, we're waiting for the next custodian patch?

• 1Like
Reactions:
So if I understand correctly, we're waiting for the next custodian patch?
Not really in that way, we're waiting for me to have a bit of time :D There's a lot of stuff for me to prepare now for my family and extended family as we prep.. yeah it's prepping now... for an uncertain winter in EU. Gas? Electricity? Currently around an hour daily of my time is flowing into that until the preparations are complete. That's why time is scarce at the moment. But working on it. It's unfamiliar for us in EU to be in such an insecure situation, so everything is new and not readily available. So when that's sufficiently done, or even before that a bit, start. Not gonna be long but it's necessary :)

i have to say i have big concerns with the current state of Stellaris for an AI only tournament. you have 2 to 3 different blocks with gazillion vassals and nothing happens anymore until endgame without a player to interfere.

maybe i am too negative but we shall see. maybe a test game to see if there is any value in a tournament right now is a good idea. it is a lot of work for you and boring stalemate galaxies might not help your channel in any way.

and i would be happy to be wrong here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are not wrong. The current AI will make the tournament boring. It's painful to watch a few large fleets moving back and forth across vast space, while army getting stuck at hyperlane entrance.
AI 3.4 favors a friendly galaxy.

Reactions: