• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(33769)

Second Lieutenant
Aug 30, 2004
According to the manual (p. 56), the "Join Alliance" option is "only available to neutral countries and the Soviet Union." (p. 54) " . . . should the Soviet Union choose to join the Axis or Allies, the Comintern will cease to exist." (p. 57) "If the Soviet Union was on the winning side as a member of the Axis or Allies, it will automatically withdraw from that alliance and form the Comintern. . . . If the Soviet Union is the last surviving member of the Axis or Allied alliance, it will withdraw from that alliance and form the Comintern."

Playing as the Soviet Union, I have never had the opportunity to "Join Alliance." I recall having the chance to join the Axis, as part of the Molotov/Ribbentrop pact, but joining the Allies seems to be impossible.

Am I missing something, or was "Join Alliance" never implemented for the Soviets?

Upvote 0
Faustling said:
According to the manual (p. 56), the "Join Alliance" option is "only available to neutral countries and the Soviet Union." (p. 54) " . . . should the Soviet Union choose to join the Axis or Allies, the Comintern will cease to exist." (p. 57) "If the Soviet Union was on the winning side as a member of the Axis or Allies, it will automatically withdraw from that alliance and form the Comintern. . . . If the Soviet Union is the last surviving member of the Axis or Allied alliance, it will withdraw from that alliance and form the Comintern."

Playing as the Soviet Union, I have never had the opportunity to "Join Alliance." I recall having the chance to join the Axis, as part of the Molotov/Ribbentrop pact, but joining the Allies seems to be impossible.

Am I missing something, or was "Join Alliance" never implemented for the Soviets?

The manual is incorrect on this, and other, subjects. As an allianceleader it is not possible to leace an alliance, even when you're not at war. Germany and Great Britain can't leave the Axis and the Allies either. So yes, it was never implemented.

Generally if the manual says something, its most likely false. It's about as useful as a piece of used toiletpaper. Don't believe anything in there.