• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- What I find the most efficienct way to get industrialisation going is to use NF to promote capitalists, especially in an area with high concentration of people.
+Lower taxes for Capis, that usually does the job and invest a lot of RP´s into industry techs.
- Small cavalry forces to flank and occupy enemy territory is great, while the main armies take on enemy forces. Reconaissance affects how quickly you occupy.
I always use small armies[3x Inf 1x Artillery, 3x Inf 1x tank/aeroplane) and stack them if the situation demands it
- When you play multiplayer, if someone is lagging behind, the game will now automatically slow down to let them catch up. You can even see what date everyone is on in a tooltip over the pause button.
On the moment I´ve noticed it yesterday I was happy, because that´s a tiny but good feature
- Medicine is a vitally underrated technology. Besides its great bonus to supply limits, the inventions effects are absolutely great.
The whole chemistry area is rather good and if you add up the growth techs with the healthcare you´ll get a nice growth rate
- You can kickstart your economy by taking loans and invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc. Kind of like the real world.
I prefer kickstart loans for war :D
- I like playing Russia... I usually neglect the balkans and focus on Sweden and Persia first into my sphere. Big nice markets with alot of raw materials.

Toooooo big Secondary´s for me and the USA aswell as prussia for me
It´s too hard to run the russian military with high/maximum efficiency IMO

- You can kickstart your economy by taking loans and invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc. Kind of like the real world.

What exactly do you mean by "invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc." What infrastructure gives money to your factories, artisians and rgo's ? You not talking about railroads here?

What exactly do you mean by "invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc." What infrastructure gives money to your factories, artisians and rgo's ? You not talking about railroads here?

Railraods give a bonus to your factories and thus the caps are gonna earn more moneyyyyy and the rgo´s and artisans aswell :D

- Small cavalry forces to flank and occupy enemy territory is great, while the main armies take on enemy forces. Reconaissance affects how quickly you occupy.

That's very true. In my most recent game, I used 6 single brigade cav armies to occupy provinces while my main armies fought the Mexicans. 1 Cav brigade was occupying provinces faster than my 3-6 man stacks of infantry and artillery.

NF on capitalists doesn't seem to work if you don't have any industry, and even with industry it works poorly on if you have low literacy. In my first game as Portugal I managed to get a few hundred capitalists with NF, but they started bankrupt never build anything, and demoted within few months.

So it seems when you start with an unindustrialized nation it is essential to get "state capitalism", and build industry youself. Then start with NFing beaucrats and then clergy before capitalists.

:) I just love being at the vicky forums now.. so nice and friendly atmosphere here.

We love you Sweedish Gnomes too :D
You guys make great games!

I will give Vicky 2 a shot sometime Saturday, going to finish my AOD game first. Have a year and a half to go in my Brazilian campaign.

NF= National Focus. You can use it to encourage capitalists in a certain state.

edit-What he said :D

That's very true. In my most recent game, I used 6 single brigade cav armies to occupy provinces while my main armies fought the Mexicans. 1 Cav brigade was occupying provinces faster than my 3-6 man stacks of infantry and artillery.

This is something I've been wondering: do brigades' recon values stack for occupation rate? Or does 1 Cav brigade occupy a province just as quickly as a stack of 6?

Great Did-you-know list, Johan. I'm with you in liking the post-release atmosphere for Vicky better than the HOI atmosphere still to this day.

- When you play multiplayer, if someone is lagging behind, the game will now automatically slow down to let them catch up. You can even see what date everyone is on in a tooltip over the pause button.

AWESOME FEATURE!

Are there any plans to port this or other new cool Vicky II features into EU3: HT after the first few patches to Vicky II are done?

NF on capitalists doesn't seem to work if you don't have any industry, and even with industry it works poorly on if you have low literacy. In my first game as Portugal I managed to get a few hundred capitalists with NF, but they started bankrupt never build anything, and demoted within few months.

So it seems when you start with an unindustrialized nation it is essential to get "state capitalism", and build industry youself. Then start with NFing beaucrats and then clergy before capitalists.

I tried playing as Brazil and quickly got into the top 8 for industrial. Basically I researched prestige techs and did a couple of quick wars and switched to State Capitalism and built the factories for what was selling as well as the basic industry stuff like cement. I then promoted craftsmen until the factories were turning a profit and then promoted capitalists.

The prestige is important though since otherwise you are likely not to be able to get your hands on the resources needed to build the factories (my first Brazil try was a failure because of this).

You have to do all this though to catch up with the countries that start more industrialised and with higher prestige.

Status
Not open for further replies.