• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're huge and start with zero industrialization. I'm not saying they need to be buffed or anything, but they're a slower and harder start than the other great powers.

I would say that Russia is the second hardest GP start, with OE being hardest. Illiterate peasants, no industrialization, crap tech. OE is smaller and has Russia for a neighbor, which is why I'd say it's harder. :)

:) I just love being at the vicky forums now.. so nice and friendly atmosphere here.

Well, still would be nice if someone could address the problems with militancy/Social reforms/rebellions :)

Edit: Just a sign, that you see how much players are effected through this problem would give me hope and would let me calm down ( a bit) :D

Thanks Johan, will try the loan money strategy to found Ottoman industries.

Lemme ask 2 questions while everyone is being so helpful :D

1) What are the best attractors for immigrants? What ruling-party traits are valued more highly in the eyes of emigrating pops?

2) What would be the best way to restore a democracy from say a pres. dictatorship?

- When you play multiplayer, if someone is lagging behind, the game will now automatically slow down to let them catch up. You can even see what date everyone is on in a tooltip over the pause button.

Wait, what? So if someone pauses, they lag behind? Seems like that would ruin the ability to respond to enemy movement....

Wait, what? So if someone pauses, they lag behind? Seems like that would ruin the ability to respond to enemy movement....

I think he means lagging because of technical difficulties.

:) I just love being at the vicky forums now.. so nice and friendly atmosphere here.

Enjoying the vodka?

I forgot to mention, that bottle is also for providing me with a graduation topic for my thesis in University (Economics) based on POPs. Basic idea: do people's consumption habits change when they start doing different kind of work? (Japanese, Korean and Chinese POPs going from farmer to craftsmen) answer: Yes, they do! got 7 out of 10 for that one.

Enjoying the vodka?

I forgot to mention, that bottle is also for providing me with a graduation topic for my thesis in University (Economics) based on POPs. Basic idea: do people's consumption habits change when they start doing different kind of work? (Japanese, Korean and Chinese POPs going from farmer to craftsmen) answer: Yes, they do! got 7 out of 10 for that one.

My bachelor thesis was influenced by frequent playing of HoI2 and watching Yes, Prime Minister. The result: The effect of conscription on labour market. Got A for it :)

SOme of my did you knows

• Nationalism & imperialism is a very importaint tech not only for the things it gives by itself but it also alows the trigger to gain core provinces and get lots of prestige for decisions and other related events. And alows you to make a protectorate(annex) of an uncivilized country with more than 1 state.
  • You can reach the maximum colonisation posibilities by researching the correct technologies in 1870.
  • (this is more a trick) You can generate research points without spending them. researched that need a certain date can then be almost instantly researched when you reach that date to get you a head start with for example colonization.
  • If you can't beat them join them. If rebels give you a problem you can give in to their demands and reform your nation. This can in some times be an upgrade.
  • Be very powerfull and you can go over your infamy limit without all nations declaring war on you
  • This game is awesome :)

Last edited:
Did you know how easy it is to mod this game?

Something I've never tried but did today and now have the game working more to my liking (ie, not having nearly as many officers as soldiers and giving more control on the rate of progression with clergy by adding extra incentives to farmers and labours to become clergy with spending over 80%).

I've got the feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time trying to get the game to work just right for me just in time for a new patch :rolleyes:

- What I find the most efficienct way to get industrialisation going is to use NF to promote capitalists, especially in an area with high concentration of people.

- Small cavalry forces to flank and occupy enemy territory is great, while the main armies take on enemy forces. Reconaissance affects how quickly you occupy.

- When you play multiplayer, if someone is lagging behind, the game will now automatically slow down to let them catch up. You can even see what date everyone is on in a tooltip over the pause button.

- Medicine is a vitally underrated technology. Besides its great bonus to supply limits, the inventions effects are absolutely great.

- You can kickstart your economy by taking loans and invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc. Kind of like the real world.

- I like playing Russia... I usually neglect the balkans and focus on Sweden and Persia first into my sphere. Big nice markets with alot of raw materials.

Yes i know and agree, but for the first the effect sometimes are not sufficient.

Im not sure if its a good idea to allow clients to de-sync,a multiplayer game would be more prone to crash\disconnect.....right?

Status
Not open for further replies.