• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
- What I find the most efficienct way to get industrialisation going is to use NF to promote capitalists, especially in an area with high concentration of people.

- Small cavalry forces to flank and occupy enemy territory is great, while the main armies take on enemy forces. Reconaissance affects how quickly you occupy.

- When you play multiplayer, if someone is lagging behind, the game will now automatically slow down to let them catch up. You can even see what date everyone is on in a tooltip over the pause button.

- Medicine is a vitally underrated technology. Besides its great bonus to supply limits, the inventions effects are absolutely great.

- You can kickstart your economy by taking loans and invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc. Kind of like the real world.

- I like playing Russia... I usually neglect the balkans and focus on Sweden and Persia first into my sphere. Big nice markets with alot of raw materials.

- Always stick your ships in navalbases when resting, only there that they can repair.

- If you don't have any factories at all, getting a cement factory first is rather vital, as it increase the stability of your industry dramatically.

- If you attack an enemy, always make sure you control a supply line, or your reinforcementspeed will suffer greatly.

Last edited:
- I like playing Russia... I usually neglect the balkans and focus on Sweden and Persia first into my sphere. Big nice markets with alot of raw materials.

:eek:

Isnt that like Heresy for you Swedes? :D

- What I find the most efficienct way to get industrialisation going is to use NF to promote capitalists, especially in an area with high concentration of people.

That one I figured out. :D

- Small cavalry forces to flank and occupy enemy territory is great, while the main armies take on enemy forces. Reconaissance affects how
Ok, that one I didn't know.

- When you play multiplayer, if someone is lagging behind, the game will now automatically slow down to let them catch up. You can even see what date everyone is on in a tooltip over the pause button.
That is a GREAT feature. I like that alot!

- Medicine is a vitally underrated technology. Besides its great bonus to supply limits, the inventions effects are absolutely great.
Figured this one out by accident ;)

- You can kickstart your economy by taking loans and invest in alot of infrastructure, just to let your factories, rgo's and artisans get money etc. Kind of like the real world.
While I can see this being a good strategy, loans scare me.

I <3 playing Russia

Thanks Johan, I can't wait to get my copy! Just gotta wait until the next paycheck.

What are the best day 1 moves as Russia? I'm finding that the economy is deep in the pits right from the start and I have to slash funding everywhere and hike taxes to stay afloat.

:) I just love being at the vicky forums now.. so nice and friendly atmosphere here.

<3

Feeling's mutual.

Victoria brings out the best in people.

Hold on...

what does that change to one's economy to have countries in it's sphere of influence? do you get a cut of their profit?

I'm currently playing my first game with Russia and learning the ropes slowly

What are the best day 1 moves as Russia? I'm finding that the economy is deep in the pits right from the start and I have to slash funding everywhere and hike taxes to stay afloat.

After playing Russia for the first 5 years for about 50 times in a row to track down an OOS in MP here is what I did.

a) NF capitalists in Kiev and Ingria.
b) get Sweden, Persia into sphere, keep fighting to keep them.
c) ally with one of austria or prussia, never let those two ally.
d) switch to reactionaries, and build some core factories (Cement, Steel, etc)
e) freedom of trade, railroad, medicine is my 3 first techs.
f) smack down a random central asian country.

Always spending some on nat stockpile, as I dont want my economy to tank.

- Small cavalry forces to flank and occupy enemy territory is great, while the main armies take on enemy forces. Reconaissance affects how quickly you occupy.

It's interesting--from King I think I remember him giving advice to promote bureaucrats because they better enable promotion of other classes.

however, in my games I find myself promoting craftsman. They seem to fill factories so rapidly. Then I tend to go back to bureaucrats. But that is with state capitalism or interventionism

I have a feeling you play with LF more perhaps...and in that instance promoting caps is better.

hmm....

Persia, Japan, Korea, and Sweden, and you're off to the races. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.