• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Noco19

Little Creole
77 Badges
Nov 20, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
gjvj.jpg

Welcome one and all to my first foray into the world of AAR, as I begin with the Bergrisar, a custom creation of mine, designed to exact my will upon European history in a, hopefully, pleasurable tale. It is my highest hopes that my little Saga of sorts will entertain any potential readers, and that the Bergrisar live long enough to be of note.

As it stands, I have no inherent goal, save for survival and mischief, but I am open to suggestion and tips, both in terms of gameplay and narrative, for I am a newcomer in the written arts, especially compared to the talent showcased on this forum.

Without further prattle, let us begin.

Table of Contents

Baldr Bergrisar
Chapter One: Introductions

Chapter One
Introductions

Twas the year 867 Anno Domini when House Bergrisar entered into recorded history, the date correlating with the ascension of Baldr “Bergrisar” to the Chiefdom of Skåne. Hailing not from any semblance of established lineage, Baldr adopted his moniker of Bergrisar, the inhabitants of Jötunheimr oft known as the jötnar, as identification for himself and future descendants. This epithet undoubtedly stems from Baldr’s excessive height, the very trait which led to his eventual tenure as Chief.

Just how the Chiefdom changed hands still remains a topic of sore contention between historians to this very day. Many offer a simple explanation, wherein the predecessor leaves no suitable heir, and Baldr is uplifted. Others paint an interesting picture of intrigue and love, portraying Baldr as an emotional figure, slaying the incumbent Chief in pursuit of a contested woman of interest. Supporters of the later theory cite Baldr’s evident lustfulness as some form of proof, although perhaps said historians are just fishing for excitement over reality, eager to obtain some form of controversy shared and a subsequent media deal; Truly, no one knows.

7y03.png

However, let us not dwell on the origins, for House Bergrisar is known not for glorious beginnings or grandiose inceptual deeds, but for the characters it contains, personas that weave a quaint tale alongside the fabric of history, trailing beside the larger, better known, components, like the illustrious Karlings of Europe, or the behemoths of Byzantium. Whilst these juggernauts are held reverent in the eyes of scholars, this Saga shall espouse a different flair, one of drama.

In examining House Bergrisar, at least in their earliest form, we would be remiss to not begin with the fabled founding father, Baldr Bergrisar.

hgtw.png

A natural warrior, both in training and genetics, Baldr embodied a respectable figure, possessing the basics of a proper leader, though none would accurately describe his martial aptitude as wholly inspiring. Still, whatever skill Baldr did possess certainly pointed to all affairs military.

Beside the hulking Baldr stood another figure, his other half, Sigrid.

jyhg.png

Mischievous with streaks of cruelty, already a potent combination, it is clear that Sigrid occupies an influential role within her husband’s demesne, that of subtle guidance, for good reason. Add in feminine charm, a mind for plotting, and a healthy dose of hedonism, and you have on your hands a potential hurricane in the making. Living up to that potential however, was yet to be seen, as only history would tell.

And thus, the stage is set, and characters introduced. Now the Saga is left for Time to tell.

Looks intriguing, will fallow.

Looks intriguing, will fallow.

Thank you, hope to fulfill these expectations of intrigue!

Good first impression for the characters, I’m following forward to see what trouble these people can get into.

Thanks! I do hope much trouble is had for the Bergrisars before too long.