• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, that was so very short. Why don't you do an AAR from the Boer point of View after this one.

Lord E said:
The Boer forces had surrendered and the British had won the Boer war.

No Boer insurgency? :p Sounds like the hensoppers managed to get the better of the bittereinders with ease. ;)

Zauberfloete Thank you. Rule Britannia :D

stnylan Thanks, glad you like it :) I thought the ending with Winston could be interesting…

Jape Thanks. I am glad you like the AAR :)

lifeless Thanks. Well maybe I should write an other 191 battle scenario AAR, well I need to think a little about that and also write some more in my Norway AAR, but maybe one day ;)

GeneralHannible Yes, the battle scenario normally doesn’t last for a very long time, but it is good time while it lasts, and of course one could always try to get a British decisive victory, then you have to win by January 10 I think. Maybe doing one from the other side could be interesting, I shall have to think about that. :)

kenneththegreat Yes, battlescenarios are cool. Indeed Kenneth from what I could see all they have got are cavalry and HQs ;)

Allenby Well is seems this time the Boers gave up, the British did so well that I guess they didn’t dare to start an insurgency…

Iron-Chef No, I guess the Boers haven’t got much chances, but well in the end they didn’t really stand a chance in real life either. I mean in time the British Empire would just be pouring in more and more forces so in the long run the Boers really haven’t got a chance.

Thanks to everyone for reading and enjoy this short story. One day I might write an other short battle scenario AAR, I shall think about that. But for now I will continue my Norwegian AAR.
So once again thanks to all for reading and enjoy the story, it was nice to write so I am glad that you all thought it was good to read as well.
Thanks

Very nice and good ending. Lord E. thanks for this AAR!

Nice to see that someone is still reading this…Thanks to everyone for your nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed the story.

As for the question.
Edzako said:
Orange free states is colony of Netherland ?
No, they are not. As this is a battle scenario there are only three, independent nations in the game. The Orange Free State, Transvaal and the British Empire. Also although I know 1914 also contains a scenario starting in 1897 I don’t think the Boer states are going to be represented as anything else than free states there either. But historically the Boers did come from the Netherlands, but that is long before the game happens, and therefore at the time of the game they were free states, for as long as it lasted until the British defeated and conquered them.
Hope that answered your question :)

I really enjoyed reading your AAR, thanks to Edzako or I wouldn't have fond it.

Fun reading, even though it is true that 10-province map with the other side having only 2 just can't offer too much of a fight... HoI2 doesn't simulate querilla wars so this is just about as good as it could be made to be, but still. Meh, the mod's great for sure anyways, and this was a good preview of it. TY, Lord E. :)

Last edited:
So, thinking of doing an AAR from the Boer perspective yet?

Edzako said:
Thanks, I read this because I very enyojed your Norwegian AAR, as for Boers, I figured out that in Latvian they are called differently so I mistaken :rolleyes:, by the way you knew in wich province HOI2 would be Laerdal city in Norway, cannot write it correctly because I have not that AE on clickboard.
Glad you like the Norwegian AAR as well :) As for Lærdal, well I guess it would be to the south in the HOI province called Ålesund on the border with the Bergen province.

theusje said:
I really enjoyed reading your AAR, thanks to Edzako or I wouldn't have fond it.
Nice to know you enjoyed the story :)

Kasakka said:
Fun reading, even though it is true that 10-province map with the other side having only 2 just can't offer too much of a fight... HoI2 doesn't simulate querilla wars so this is just about as good as it could be made to be, but still. Meh, the mod's great for sure anyways, and this was a good preview of it. TY, Lord E. :)
Yes, I guess you can’t say it is the hardest scenario to win, but it is funny to play and I hope that as a preview of the mod it worked out.

GeneralHannibal said:
So, thinking of doing an AAR from the Boer perspective yet?
Well at the moment I am working on my Norwegian one, but maybe when I have finished that. We shall see.

A boer victory

It would be more interesting to see the Boers win.

The people of Natal (Durban on the map) were mainly Boerevolk who the British conquered in the 1880's

And of course the territory of Mafaeking which is really a city just outside of the territory on the map of Transvaal (but in actuality the territory represented on the map all the good stuff from there including the population is in the city or near it so that should be given to the Boers or be an aim for them to get, and of course while they're at it they could drive the British out completely.

Far more interestin gto hear of that than of Britain conquering 2 measly territories (i know it ain't your fault for the map lines and such but - as thats the way it goes) - but a very interesting thing nonetheless.

Quite a bump indeed…

Junkyard_Willy said:
It would be more interesting to see the Boers win.

The people of Natal (Durban on the map) were mainly Boerevolk who the British conquered in the 1880's

And of course the territory of Mafaeking which is really a city just outside of the territory on the map of Transvaal (but in actuality the territory represented on the map all the good stuff from there including the population is in the city or near it so that should be given to the Boers or be an aim for them to get, and of course while they're at it they could drive the British out completely.

Far more interestin gto hear of that than of Britain conquering 2 measly territories (i know it ain't your fault for the map lines and such but - as thats the way it goes) - but a very interesting thing nonetheless.

Well I can understand that it might be more of a challenge playing from the Boer side and it could certainly be a very cool AAR to write, and as I said maybe once I will try it, but at the moment I have enough with the two AARs I have got running.
I am glad you enjoyed the story although as you say it could have been interesting to read about it from the other side. This AAR was written back when 1914 was coming out of development using the first public version, the MOD has seen a lot of development since then and I think you should all download it and try it. It is very enjoyable and great.

rcduggan said:
what a bump, but I hope this is continued!

Well I don’t think it will be continued as I managed to secure a victory in this battle scenario, but maybe in the future I might do one from the other side. But at the moment I have enough with two running AARs and studying as well, maybe in the summer holiday…

But this one is completed and it ended it a victory:)