• Hello Everyone, Today we've upgraded to the latest version of our forum software, bringing more features and better performance to the community. As always, we appreciate your bug reports and feedback, and you can post all of that here, as well as view the list of new features
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

unmerged(70800)

Corporal
Mar 4, 2007
whiterabbitradio.net
I have one suggestion about the map of this scenario.

When you confine the map boundaries to the boundaries of territories immediately involved in the war then you place tight constrictions on it.

they whould unlock portugese territories in Mozambieque,
more of Bechuanaland (botswana), rhodesia, and more of German SW africa

The reason is this - the Boers could've gone into other territories and the british could've followed them in or th Boers could've packed up and left and relocated further towards the interior of Africa there are more possibilities than the Boers defending themselves, the british dominating, and teh Boers taking the cape over.

Just because those are the most likely - lets give the game more flexibility.

Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
Nice aar

Miihkali

Old Guard
6 Badges
Apr 11, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
Great AAR, short and nice. :D

Lord E

Non sufficit orbis
16 Badges
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Paradox Order
These bumps do happen from time to time and actually I think they are nice. It is always good to see that someone is still enjoying one’s writing although the game is finished, and as I very much enjoyed playing and writing about this game I thank you all for the support and the fine words :)

CitizenPaul said:
Nice to hear that you liked it CP. Thanks :)

Miihkali said:
Great AAR, short and nice. :D
Thanks.
That is one of the good and bad sides of battle scenario AARs they normally are short and nice, it can be good because it is quickly done and gives the readers a short and nice story, but it can also be bad because normally it ends pretty quickly and then the readers might actually want more. Still in the end I think these kind of AARs are nice to read and follow, so I am glad you enjoyed it!

rcduggan said:
whoa, one hell of a bump! :eek:
Hehe yes it sure was, but as I said these kind of bumps happen now and then and I enjoyed them because it is always nice to see that people still enjoy your writing although the game is finished ;)