• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DrDoomsday112

Recruit
4 Badges
Jul 15, 2017
  • Magicka
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
Everytime i have tried to run the game i keep getting this error with the launcher. It was working fine but i decided to close the game once in the task manager and ever since then the game won't launch. I have already tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling the launcher and nothing seems to work. I really need help. I am using windows 10.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48,7 KB · Views: 0
Please run these Windows repair tools:

.NET

SCANNOW:

THEN Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- exit the Steam app entirely
- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user
- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam
OR
- exit the Epic app entirely
- run EpicGamesLauncher.exe as the Windows Admin user
- run the game from the Epic client

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

Note that you can run ck3.exe directly from File Explorer, which bypasses the launcher.

Here are the log files. How do i bypass the launcher in the meantime? I can't find any ck3.exe.

Attachments

• .0564b68b420333892a829764545372fb8d5c0c35-audit.json
    523 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    2,8 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    578 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    131 KB · Views: 0
Right click on this game in your Steam Library, manage, browse local files. Then go into the Binaries folder, ck3.exe is there. Does it work if you double click on it, or give an error?

There's been a new launcher release now. Please do the clean reinstall of it I described above, again. Any different?

I don't know then. What if you make a new Windows user on this machine and log into it with that? Do you get the same problem?