• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Uriah

"The Verbose"
56 Badges
Dec 22, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
I am new to playing CORE for AOD, and have just started playing a Japan game.

I have one question: does Japan ever open the tech road to heavy industry? Can it ever construct factories? EDIT: Well, two questions.

I have only played up to mid 1937 but as far as I can see only an event will open up the tech tree to allow me to expand the economy. Does such an event occur?

At the current level I am be struggling to maintain and upgrade my existing army, let alone increase its size or attack anyone.

Thanks

The 1939 Heavy Industry Tech is open for Japan and also allows them to build factories. Japan also has somewhat decent IC and should be easily capable to maintain their army with some room for increases. With mobilization events like the event-driver war in china you also get a lot industrial efficiency (= more production).

Some tips for JAP: in the starting OOB are several units either unbrigaded, with more or less useless brigades or with brigades consuming a lot of fuel (infantry tanks, AFAIR in Mandchuria. Consider to replace these brigades with something more useful like Artillery.
Some empty island may have a supply depot - consider moving those back to your home island.
You may still have some very old naval ships in service - consider scrapping them. (those with pre-WW1 fire control brigades, they will not update).

The 1939 Heavy Industry Tech is open for Japan and also allows them to build factories. Japan also has somewhat decent IC and should be easily capable to maintain their army with some room for increases. With mobilization events like the event-driver war in china you also get a lot industrial efficiency (= more production).

Some tips for JAP: in the starting OOB are several units either unbrigaded, with more or less useless brigades or with brigades consuming a lot of fuel (infantry tanks, AFAIR in Mandchuria. Consider to replace these brigades with something more useful like Artillery.
Some empty island may have a supply depot - consider moving those back to your home island.
You may still have some very old naval ships in service - consider scrapping them. (those with pre-WW1 fire control brigades, they will not update).

Thanks Denniss

I have already started to shut down some supply depots: the AI seems to want to put 9999 fuel and supply everywhere. And I'll do a search of my OOB for "no longer required" units