• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
West coast USA landing last preparations

Soviet Union demands territority. I decline, even though I have no troops at their border. And they don't declare war on me :D

0639.png

Naval landing in Dutch East Indies succeded, and only one victory point province left. The one that was heavily guarded with 4 divisions, so I am getting my second corp of 2 MAR to help out these two.
0640.png

The Pacific Ocean. Soon my backup combat fleet has reached the US coast.
0641.png

Naval battle with an US fleet, with a battleship. But the weather is clear, and they are up against 8 new CV's.
0642.png

Success. I think there must have come in an extra BB from another small fleet, which also got sunk. If US don't group their capital ships into proper fleets it will be a cakewalk.
0643.png

I have reached the west coast of US. No garrison to see at neither San Francisco or San Diego. San Diego will be my goal for the biggest initial landing with all my MOT and ARM.

I also got intercepted by a US fleet, and lost an old useless battleship. Less supply demand.
0644.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
USA initial invasion plan

The picture shows my invasion plan for the USA.

I will land in San Diego and my goal is to cross fast over the east coast of USA near the Mexico border. My MOT and ARM will be used here, supported by CAV. There is only one mountain terrain province I have to cross, otherwise desert and plains.

I will simaltaniously land in Alaska with a smaller landing (with 1941 transports). These divisions will be taking Alaska, and advance into Canada.

I will then rebase my transport fleets to Pearl Harbour, and then go for a second big landing in Portland or Seattle. This landing will mainly be of MTN divisions, and they will take the west coast of USA, both advancing north, but mostly south, trying meet the southern landing and surround US divisions.

To encircle and annhilate US divisions will be a high priority.

After some weeks I will take the panama canal with MAR and INF when they are ready. Maybe 3 months later. And then I will attack the east coast of USA from the sea (it is my plan at least).

0646.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Loading on troops for US invasion

All my troops are almost at 100%. Only a few MTN and CAV are not at 100%, but these I don't need to use in first wave anyway.
0647.png

But 1 MOT corps and 1 M-MARM corps are not at 100%, I will still take them on now. Because I don't want to lose more time.
0648.png

29 divisions loaded on, and landing under way. I will use other fleets to defend the transports on the trip over the ocean.
0649.png

My production at the moment. I almost 100% on supplies, and with a healthy 24 000 in stock I have no worries.

I also made the BB runs longer, so I start producing to more of the 1939 BB after these to are finished. I was thinking that if I want to actually build more BB's in this game, I need to do it now as they take forever to build. I also get gearing bonus, which is nice.
0651.png

Naval battle won. US Battleship sunk.
0652.png

Naval landing at Anchorage.
0653.png

Sank an US transport with a division in it.
0654.png

My landings are under way.
0655.png

Protecting my transport fleet.
0656.png

The attack on mainland USA

0657.png

Soon I will see if there is any garrison in Achorage. Dutch Harbour has 3 US divisions, so not looking good.
0658.png

Being bombed by US planes. They bombed the harbour where my 18 DD's are. Not good.
0659.png

I rebase one INT wing from Wotje to Nagoya.
0660.png

Naval landing in San Diego succeded!
0661.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Attacking from San Diego
0662.png

Soviet Union funding partisans.
0663.png

Increasing my intelligence network level. Probably won't increase it any further, as it starts becoming expensive.
0664.png

Researching better Air Doctrine techs for my interceptors.
0665.png

Landed successfully in Alaska.
0666.png

Scouting Seattle/Portland.
0667.png

Attacking from Anchorage.
0668.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
My first 8 new MIL are finished. I am going to transfer them to US to defend the coast when my forces move inland.
0669.png

Naval victory outside Seattle/Portland.
0670.png

Attacking in the south.
0671.png

20 divisions landing in Seattle. Portland is actually to far away to land in, with like 40 km or something.
0672.png

Naval victory.
0673.png

Advancing in south, still no enemy divisions in sight.
0674.png

Dutch East Indies are trying to take Singapore from the sea. I am sending my landing fleet with combat ships there to defend.
0675.png

Adding 4 series of GAR into production. I will now go quite some in minus on supplies, but I have a big stockpile. I just need to build quite some MIL and GAR now fast to garrison my land.
0676.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
The invasion is making good progress.

US landed 4 paratroopers at Fresno, and one infantery division that redeployed there.
0681.png

I am using the two MTN divisions at Santa Barbara to support attack Fresno, and moving my six MOT division at Las Vegas to Reno, so I hopefully can encircle the US divisions.
0682.png

Soon my six MTN in the south are through to the otherside of the mountain province of El Paso, from there on there is plains.
0684.png

Won at Fresno.
0685.png

US redeploying even more divisions to Fresno.
0686.png

In the south.
0687.png

Naval battle won.
0688.png

The sitation in Alaska. No US divisions in sight.
0689.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
US trying to reinforce west coast from the sea? As you can see San Fransisco is reinforced with 3 divisions.
0690.png

Destroyed a transport with a US division in it.
0691.png

More transports sunk.
0692.png

More US reinforcements at west coast. So I move 4 CAV divisions from Phoenix to Sam Bernadino instead of moving them inland.
0693.png

Destroyed one more transport with an US division in it.
0694.png

Succeded landing in Seattle. I am rebasing my transport fleet here, and then loading on 4 CAV and 4 MTN, that will land in Portland.
0695.png

Attacking from Seattle.
0696.png

One US division in the mid-south US. I am soon through to the plains of east south US.
0697.png

Counter attacked at Fresno.
0698.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A single US CV is attacking my 18 DD at the port of Nagoya.
0699.png

US has redeployed a division to San Antonio.
0700.png

Two US divisions at Eureka, attacking them with 2 MOT divsions, and support attack from 2 more MOT.
0701.png

My troops in Santa Barbara are being bombed.
0702.png

Landed in Portland with my 8 divisions. Using them to close the pocket on the US divisions on the west coast of USA.
0703.png

Redeploying a wing of 4 INT from Pearl Harbour to Los Angeles.
0704.png

Putting the wing of INT on Air Superiority mission.
0705.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Lost 13 convoy transports, not good.
0706.png

Losing battle of Frenso, so I need to retreat with the two divisions.
0707.png

As I found out, there is no land connection to Dutch Harbour, I am putting 4 of the divisions I set to attack that direction to move ino Valdez instead.
0708.png

Winning the battle of Eurka. MOT vs MOT, but their divisions did not have much org. Hoping to trap them into the pocket I am making.
0709.png

Landing in Dutch East Indies with 4 marines.
0710.png

Moving 2 MTN from Los Angeles to Fresno as 2 MTN are retreating from Fresno to Los Angeles.
0711.png

US static AA defences are working good :D
0712.png

Some Nuclear Tech just finished, but I am stopping researching nuclear techs further for now. Instead I am researching 1940 Naval divisions. I will also get 1942 INF, 1942 MTN and 1942 CAV, I also have some more Air Doctrine I need to research. So there is a lot to research now.
0713.png

The situation in west coast of US. More US division redeployed to Eureka and Fresno is taken back. But the pocket is soon complete.
0714.png

Attacking the VP province of Batavia, last one I don't have of the Dutch East Indies, but I will also lose one other soon (as it is not garrisoned) so I probably need to retake it.
0715.png

My two MOT divisions have arrived at Kalamath Falls.
0716.png

San Antonio is taken. Attacking all directions.
0718.png

Situation in the north.
0719.png

Pocket on 16 US divisions is closed! If I manage to destroy them all, I have destroyed at least 1/4 of the US army.
0720.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good so far. I need to prepare my landinings around Panama Canal to take the canal, to able to move my navy to east coast. And then do naval landings to take out all the industrial centers on the eastern coast. But destroying, hopefully (I have not played any further yet), the 16 US divisions buys me a bit more time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A very nice pocket. Should make the rest a lot easier to handle.

A very nice pocket. Should make the rest a lot easier to handle.
Yeah. But I have learned from playing Germany vs Soviet Union, that never stop encirceling and destroy divisions. When this pocket is hopefully crushed, then I will make more of them, maybe not as big, but I need to take out divisions at the rate USA is producing them, and they have a lot of IC.

This reminds me my invasion of USA where i got good progres at start bu then the yanks had total air superiority so insted of offensives i planned on a withdrawal. (But managed to destroy nuclear test site :D )

This reminds me my invasion of USA where i got good progres at start bu then the yanks had total air superiority so insted of offensives i planned on a withdrawal. (But managed to destroy nuclear test site :D )
Haha. I am not positive I will make it. I have played a few months more (but had a small break from Darkest Hour), but things are not necesserily going that good ;) .

Attack in mid-south.
0721.png

Helping out landing in Dutch East Indies with Shore Bombardment.
0722.png

Attacjub Eureka. Soviet demanding territority, I decline. And they do nothing.
0723.png

Lots of Strategic bombers! Bombing me, 7 of them, and one tactical bomber.
0724.png

USA intelligence. 57 divisions, and 4 armoured.
0725.png

Air battle with my interceptors over Fresno. Intercepting the bomber wing of US.
0727.png

Rebasing my second inteceptor wing to Los Angeles.
0728.png

Attacking Redding.
0729.png

Small naval battle outside west coast of USA.
0730.png

Sank two US ships. Also setting the second interceptor wing, that just arrived to Los Angeles, to Air Supiority.
0731.png

• 2Like
Reactions: