• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
fifty percent corruption, you're practically an indian tech group country that can make trade companies and gets much better neighbor bonus lol

the idea now is to root out corruption at max slider, and to fill admin ideas. That will give me 5 more states, -25% coring cost for total of -50% (then it nivellates the corruption malus to coring cost), and then I can enable vassal integration act at will. And I'll also get -10% and -12% to admin tech cost for filling admin ideas, and THAT will trigger Mughal ambition for ANOTHER global -6% tech cost.But FIRST, I'll state up India, costs be damned. I need DOSH to pay corruption down.

The longterm idea is to core as little as needed, state up, and then use admin points on filling admin idea group and to get admin tech 17 and beyond ASAP.

I hope to be looking at 30 corruption in 1650, and 0 corruption in 17xx. And then i'll tech up diplo for 30 power a tech level (after filling diplo idea group maybe for another -10% dip tech cost), with all the redduction to tech cost bonuses.

And then we will have evaded most of the 'bad' stuff corruption would have given for this campaign ;)

Reactions:
yes, since condotierri are only obtainable if other nations offer them to you

About condottieri: they are extra mechanism. The AI even offers them for FREE sometimes if you declare war on THEIR enemies/rivals. Free soldiers are always good. But I never pay for them, as you got no control over them. I didn't try renting OUT condottieri yet. Maybe a nation with quantity (like me) can do that at some point, if manpower pool is nearing max.

Condottieri are pretty much the same thing as volunteers in HoI4: you rent them out, you get money for them and retain full control over their actions.
Mercenaries are still in the game, still quick to train but expensive to maintain.
Thanks for the answers, that makes Condottieri more appreciating for me :). I thought mercenaries were completely removed by Condottieri, good to know it isn't.

Chapter 8: The reconquest of Ming

5uNYfxg.jpg

In the last chapter we finished our westernization. The next month I got knowledge of all the provinces the WESTERN tech group has knowledge of.

Spain is colonizing like a boss in North America and Mexico, and Great Britain is on the go too.

Holland is colonizing Newfoundland. GO Holland :D

y6HqXJS.jpg

South America is being divided by Great Britain in the west, and Spain and Portugal in the east. And France is TRYING, but failing. Being stomped non stop by Great Britain and Spain, led to hardly anything colonized by France :(

QVxLn1P.jpg

Afghanistan and Multan were in my way to WU last chapter. They both got full annexed.

Fgc3P4n.jpg

Ayutthaya is my new attack dog for now.. They went for Wu, in exchange for 10 favours ;)

This system of favours didn't really nerf calling allies non stop as attack dog.. You can still do it by blobbing to equal or larger level then your ally, and the favours will grow steadily.

Wu has no allies, and (almost) empty manpower pool after a BIG war versus Korea and Buryatia.

They are still filthy rich though, and they hired a load of mercs.

Oh and by the way.. Ming has capital on that low development ISLAND. Beats me why.

xUEdyHH.jpg

Russia lost once more to the Ottomans. They keep each other in check, if I don't meddle..

The Mughals declared on Vinegar once more, hoping their vassal Bahmanis would do all the work.

giphy.gif

Sujan Singh I rode by on his way to WU, and wondered if Bahmanis would be able to handle Vinegar..

The capital of WU is being sieged, and my troops routed Wu towards Bejing.

5Tcw9hc.jpg

When they came back, Wu went for a tiny stack of Ayutthaya. I sent my leftover troops to help them out, and once more WU got routed..

By now almost everything south of that corridor to Bejing is occupied :cool:

Westernized nation versus Chinese tech nations= speed 4 wars :rolleyes:

7WKto2W.jpg

The Mughal army did a hot pursuit, and routed Wu once more..

b1UNt8Q.jpg

The influence of the clergy had dropped under 65%, and the Mughal ruler Sujan Singh I curtailed the dominant Ulema clergy in his nation.

All power lies with Sujan Singh I once more.

Ayutthaya is going after the remainder of the WU army, while I siege the leftover forts.

Good doggie :D

dZTzx9e.jpg

In other news: Great Britain had civil war once more. The parliamentaries are led by Oliver Cromwell. They won swiftly.

And Wu?

They went bankrupt :confused:

UyLzV1y.jpg

Ming got a load of cores back. I also made sure Ming borders MIN, as Min has Ming cores on ALL their provinces.

Chagatai and Shun were back on the map as OPM, after I had done 'return province' of the cores I owned of Ming. If not they got -1000 to diplo vassalisation.

And now we simply re-establish the corridor to Mughal land by stomping Chagatai with Ming reconquest ;)

dFjICkB.jpg

Time to help Bahmanis versus Vinegar. Vinegar roflstomped my vassal :rolleyes:

tumblr_mlm1k4PrCW1s88ak5o1_250.gif

GRMPF. I got to do it all MYSELF huh.

kZcSBDO.jpg

The Mughals army slowly arrived in force. The capital of Vinegar is being sieged, and we also took the war goal province now!

yPIlx0G.jpg

Vinegar stupidly blundered into Bahmanis rebels.

GOOD :p

Let me wait till you are done then.

Its sort of wierd, but you can't join the fight that rebels are doing versus your enemy.

You can however join fights of other nations versus common enemy. Hmm o_O

FE61kcW.jpg

I uderestimated Vinegar here.. Even with a battered and demoralized army, they drop the morale of our army fast :confused:

HOLD THE LINE!

9gLSZ6K.jpg

PFWIEUW :oops:

WpUJUBr.jpg

Everyone is eating WU alive o_O

They have bankruptcy, which HALVES the morale of their army. Needless to say, everyone wanted a piece of the cake :rolleyes:

2OzMPDY.jpg

After the last fight, Mughals did a hot pursuit. I shift-consolidated my army, sent the regiments with 0 units north, and engaged the low morale Vinegar army once more.

With some artillery on the front line ;)

wwno2fy.jpg

They routed once more, and Mughals is now on the way to their last fort.

Important tip: Re-sieging occupied forts is POINTLESS if you can reach enemy capital and forts. If you occupy the enemy 100% on their own terrain, then you can do 100% warscore peace deal, no matter what they sieged up in your nation or subjects.

EAtSrwg.jpg

Another 'women in history' DLC event fired, this time for Mariam-Uz-Zamani.

I chose the second option, as I had little use for a level 2 treasurer advisor at half price.

Instead, the Mughals get trade efficiency and provincial trade power (the same thing mercantilism gives!).

We need DOSH to root out this corruption at full bar!

hqkG7zx.jpg

I almost felt sorry for bankrupting Wu :(

More and more nations declare on them..

PeofqWx.jpg

In the north, Vinegar was close to recapturing the wargoal province, and a fort.

I decided to make peace there and then. I got other wars waiting in line :confused:

The Mughals get the trade center in Ceylon, juicy state provinces that produce cloth, and Bahmanis gets another fort.

Everyone happy :D

PMdxnMN.jpg

"INDIA IS MINE!"

Last edited:
3as35Co.jpg

*NOMNOMNOM*

"MWOAINE!"

*NOMNOMNOM*

The remainder of my former attack dog can't be eaten yet though :(

Oh well, my belly is full anyways.

*BURP*

QTmCywp.jpg

I sent my attack do Ayutthaya towards MIN (got to spend these favours!) while I do some wars around Persia. Persia is exteremely unstable, and keeps on getting rebels :mad:

I REALLY wish there was a setting for rebels popping in subjects. Many nations break away from Persia, and many nations get put back IN Persia.

Waste of time really.

At least my vassals all love me :rolleyes:

x97iRvi.jpg

This is the result of the wars around Persia.

Russia actually took a small bite out of Nogai, and now they can't reach them once more..

Ardalan and Gazikumukh broke free off Persia also.

*SIGH*

I got better things to do. I should have attached a 10k infantry stack to Persian army, or I should have left rebel hunter army in Persia..

diHA6nB.jpg

Min got full annexed. Ming got all their cores back.

Next up: Yue.

"Go get 'm, doggie!"

"WOOF!"

I assigned Ayutthaya to siege down every fort in KOREA. Korea is their rival, and the AI happily obliged.

Yeah, you are a GOOD doggie :p

HBo6Gmj.jpg

It's the 17th century now, and so it's time to SNOWBALL like there is no tomorrow :eek:

Next victim: Jaunpur.

"INDIA IS MINE!"

yDCOvXF.jpg

*STOMP*

Wait, what? 748 men killed a 20k army?

I guess they were REALLY hungry :confused:

HbjjPV7.jpg

Jaunpur hired a big stack of condottieri from Kachar, but that stack couldn't prevent their FULL ANNEXATION.

BYE Jaunpur :(

It did make me feel bit sad, as they were my ally and buddy and lapdog for the start of my India conquest.

But as the UI now says about trust regarding human player:

"Mughals is a human player and therefore should never be trusted"

No joke.

Anyways, only that YELLOW RING bloats my terrain map in India now. And the blue ring will be gone soon, as Bahmanis is close to being integrated!

luXLqt5.jpg

@Tom D. : the terrain does look gorgeous now ;)

BUT, I noticed that I was using an OLD version of the GFX overhaul mod. In later chapters, I will show how it looks with the new GFX OVERHAUL 6.1 mod.

I been lagging a bit in writing, as I played to 1680 already before writing this..

Anyways, the political mapmode gets altered a little color wise if you use the new version. The weather effects and whatnot (like the snow in the mountains and Tundra) was already present in the old version though.

B8E1hsc.jpg

Ayutthaya obliged my 'siege that province' commands. They are sieging down Korea, completely without my help.

NICE doggie.

Important tip: in province window, you can ask an AI subject/ally nation to siege down the province. This has been buggy for ages, but in 1.17 it WORKS like a charm. The AI listens to all your commands, making for excellent lapdogs.

If you play PU game in Europe, and get a few big subjects, you can assign THEM to do your sieging, while you fight where it counts. Or, Vice Versa. You siege, and assign siege of frontline forts to subjects/allies, like I tend to do. Why bleed yourself in fights if AI can do it for you? Note that it is VERY good idea to let AI allies/subjects siege up tropical/defensive AI nations, to avoid the attrition for your armies.

Anyways, my lapdog Ayutthaya obliged my commands, left YUE alone COMPLETELY, and went to oblige my commands in Korea.

By then, my armies arrive from the WEST, to invade YUE for real. I altered their course, after I saw my doggie was close to getting enough warscore to kick Korea out with annul alliance peace deal..

The above screenshot proves this tactic works wonders now. Let another do your dirty work!

4Mi6EAU.jpg

Gazikumukh got absorbed into Persia again, and Ardalan is close to going too.

To be honest, I would never play without this 'enhanced graphics' mod again. This is a mod that might make 'terrain' mapmode my favourite, instead of political.

The gfx overhaul mod makes all borders/occupied territory visible in terrain mapmode, so why not.

D9OK6eU.jpg

Korea got kicked out of the war with 'annul alliance and gimme dosh' peace deal, and it's now time to *bash* YOU. YES, YOU, YUE :mad:

0wtgk6Z.jpg

I did do it the dirty way however: kick Korea out of the war RIGHT before I engage the doomstack created by Yue+Korea.

And then we STOMPED Yue.

I'm so bad :cool:

War won.

ArCq6uR.jpg

Yue got full annexed.. I took Macau as my first bridgehead coring range port around China. Note that I can core this, due to all the provinces around it have a core of my subject Ming.

Important tip: You can take any provinces next to subject cores in a peace deal, even if you do NOT have the coring range to core it otherwise. it is a great way to get coring range in areas you otherwise can't easily reach.

ChC14w2.jpg

In other news: The Ottomans got janissary decadence event chain. I don't quite know if this is good news, or bad news, in the long run.

pgZZxI6.jpg

BAHMANIS.. You got stomped by Vinegar and Malwa, and you got reduced to OPM. Jangladesh took you under its wing, and the Mughals gave almost all your old cores back, and a lot more land around Burma. Bahmanis is now bigger then their old rival Vinegar, and the Mughals have been integrating them for DECADES.

A traveling minstrel was hired to celebrate the imminent integration of Bahmanis.

o1Em94A.jpg

Great Sultan Sujan Singh appreciated the music from the minstrel, and agreed to his suggestion.

23KDE0X.jpg

The Mughals will henceforth support Baroque Music. It became the new music style to accompany the palace belly dancers..

0yeI4Rn.jpg

But if all goes well, then only BAD things can happen :(

The favourite wife of Sujan Singh I died of fever, and he got struck with grief..

tumblr_n0hu4xbgIP1rk5tb2o2_r1_250.gif

Sujan Singh vowed to build a suitable mausoleum and funerary garden for Mumtaz Mahal.

pIUS5hX.jpg

And this is how one of the current cultural world wonders came to be..

Last edited:
A8V1sxo.jpg

Bahmanis integrated, and the Mughals now own almost entire India.

Sujan Singh drowned his grief in work.

He made states of all the integrated land, commissioned new buildings, put the trading capital in GOA.

The land in the Indus node was now deemed unfit to have state cores, and the states got reshuffled to all the integrated land.

The total INCOME of the Mughal empire was now 140 ducats. 50 from tax, 40 from production, 40 from trade, and 10 from gold and war reparations.

Sujan Singh started to tear down unneccesary buildings in all the IRON, COTTON, SILK and CLOTH provinces to make room for future workshops, manufacturies and plantations.

He erected mosques where needed, and workshops where needed.

Sujan Singh dreamt of an industrial empire, where the all the cotton, silk and cloth would be transformed into valuable trade goods by future manufactories...

9QT9hGm.jpg

Vinegar still collected a big amount of all trade in Goa. Time to EVICT them from my collect node :mad:

lGiR5M6.jpg

The son of the sultan led the charge against the main army of Vinegar.

j5P73TI.jpg

The entire army of Vinegar got OB-LI-TE-RAT-ED.

ImjiHXx.jpg

Vinegar got kicked out of the Goa trade node, and the Mughals took the JUICY state of Madurai for themselves.

The Mughals need MORE cloth! For all the costumes and dresses, you see :rolleyes:

Sujan Singh is quite the fashionist...

xzwHvF6.jpg

Next, Hsenwi was attacked. Their ally Ayutthaya couldn't help them, as they were called into an offensive war with me..
Hsenwi ceded ALL the provinces in the Bengal trade node, in the juicy states of lower and upper Burma.

Pagaruyung got attacked also, and ceded some ports to expand coring range after a swift war.

1jZKxLh.jpg

From there, it was back to the reconquest of Ming.

First up: Wu!

lTi3FyD.jpg

Wu was easy. They ceded most of their coastline to Ming.

Next up: Korea!

Time to stomp them out of China :mad:

t7QQi6x.jpg

Korea is backed by Dali and Qi.

The Mughals got an advisor event, and said thanks for the free +1 stability ;)

s4yrvDP.jpg

And cause good events always come in pairs, the Mughals struck a massive gold deposit in their mines o_O

I got a nice dosh amount for future manufacturies now!

And Korea? They stood alone now after entire QI was given to Ming. Dali got annul Alliance peace treaty. And Korea? Korea got stomped :rolleyes:

81yx6CW.jpg

In the end, this was the result. Korea ceded ALL their land in China, and they also gave me their island of JEJU, for coring range/ claim Japan reasons.

Its a nice naval base I guess :p

jpokB29.jpg

Next up: Shu. Liang swallowed an 'annul alliance' peace deal, and Shu went up in Ming.

Liang was guaranteed by Buryatia, and I rather fought Buryatia as full co-belligerent :confused:

Note that you can annul a guarantee of a nation also in a peace deal, without attacking the nation who guarantees..

OOG1Prl.jpg

I rather made Buryatia FULL co-belligerent in my war versus JIN.

Jin got stomped, and now it was time to invade Buryatia!

To be honest, there was little to it. Sorry if I made almost no screenshots of these wars..

KLWpclW.jpg

In the west, Nogai got full annexed, and went up in Persia. Jin ceded a load of land, and it got divided between my vassals with grant province (Jin had little cores of Ming, may as well use grant province then).

eDzQCmT.jpg

Buryatia ceded me a load of land near Bejing, and ONE province with Manchu core and Manchu culture. Sujan Singh released the Manchurian horde as a vassal!

ALL SAY HI TO MANCHU as our new vassal!

They got full annexed by Korea, and now they are back on the map. Time for some serious reconquest versus Korea now ;)

Manchu has full administrative, humanist and quantity idea groups. IDEAL feeding vassal :eek:

The longterm plan is to feed them entire Buryatia and Korea, and maybe even Japan.

But first... VINEGAR!

y9IcZYq.jpg

"INDIA IS MINE!"

esU9OeO.jpg

the plan NOW is to eradicate Vinegar off the map once and for all!

They thought they were smart when they ran up a hill, but Sujan Singh simply didn't care.

BlakwL5.jpg

The entire Vinegar army got stomped, and Khrisna I Khalji fled to the royal palace..

Last edited:
tumblr_nyz0db7Xfg1spp3ago5_500.gif

The sultan himself snuck inside the royal palace.

He had heard tales of the beautiful daughter his adversary had.. Her name was Jodha :eek:

Imagine his surprise when she proved to be skilled in swordplay o_O

They came to a standstill, gazed into each other's eyes...

tumblr_n4jobfMM8K1sg4toho4_250.gif

And Sujan lost his heart. He declared his love for Jodha there and then..

tumblr_mw8h3xScaD1r6nr3do1_250.gif

She had a sparkle in her eyes, and chased after Sujan Singh..

And..

tumblr_n4jobfMM8K1sg4toho3_250.gif

..it seemed his words had touched her..

tumblr_n4jobfMM8K1sg4toho6_250.gif

Jodha lowered her eyes, and lost the fight on purpose.. Imagine the scandal if she came along willingly!

tumblr_na1v5oXF811tp5y9jo7_r2_500.gif

Her father wasn't too amused that Sujan Singh intended to MARRY his favourite daughter , and he challenged Sujan Singh to a duel!

Sujan decapitated their King after a silly short fight :confused:

tumblr_m0i1vg6SxB1rqwz71o1_500.gif

Jodha took the news of her father's demise quite well.

tumblr_mz0yocV1s01rk5tb2o1_500.gif

She told him that her father had become an aggressive constantly drunk brute after the Mughals took most of his land in the past decades.. And Jodha had suffered a lot due to it :(

tumblr_n6cmjbljjS1qan0hfo2_500.gif

Sujan Singh travelled back to Delhi with her, and it was already obvious what would come next..

izjWxUZ.jpg

Jodha became the new favourite wife of the Great Sultan.

the scenes and screenshots are all from the bollywood series centered around Jodha, a Rajput princess who is forced into a political marriage with the Mughal emperor Akbar.

There is a popular perception that the wife of Akbar, mother of Jahangir, was also known as "Jodha Bai".

Her name as in Mughal chronicles was Mariam-uz-Zamani. (the event for her is in this chapter too). Tuzk-e-Jahangiri, the autobiography of Jahangir, doesn't mention Jodha Bai nor Harka Bai or Heer Kunwari.Therein, she is referred to as Mariam-uz-Zamani. Neither the Akbarnama (a biography of Akbar commissioned by Akbar himself), nor any historical text from the period refer to her as Jodha Bai.

According to Professor Shirin Moosvi, a historian of Aligarh Muslim University, the name "Jodha Bai" was first used to refer to Akbar's wife in the 18th and 19th centuries in historical writings.[According to the historian Imtiaz Ahmad, the director of the Khuda Baksh Oriental Public Library in Patna, it was Lieutenant-Colonel James Tod who first mentioned Jodhabai in his book Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan.

"In the Akbarnama, there is a mention of Akbar marrying a Rajput princess of Amer but her name is not Jodhaa," says historian and director of the Khuda Baksh Oriental Public Library, Imtiaz Ahmad in Patna. She is referred to as Mariam Zamani (Mary of the Age). This is a title and not a name. It further says that Mariam Zamani is a title referred to the lady who gave birth to Prince Salim, who became Emperor Jehangir. But the name Jodha is not mentioned anywhere

KKleLep.jpg

The marriage party paled in comparison to the week of national festivities, that Sujan Singh had ordered after the Mughals had full annexed Vijayanagar.

Gaze upon the terrain mapmode in India..

NO FOREIGN BORDERS LEFT! ... if you exclude the small enclave our vassal Persia holds.

Yay :D

vcQqeBJ.jpg

With Vijayanagar out of the picture, Mughals was looking at 90+% trade power in Goa, where they collected.

Sujan Singh wanted 100% so to speak. But that would need a little work upstream and downstream of India.. Stuff for later though.

The Mughals are rooting out corruption at FULL slider now, costing 60 ducats a MONTH.

But hey, we can afford it ;)

I'm glad my longterm planned proved to be feasible. I hope to be looking at 0 corruption around 1700-1720 now, and then to tech up diplo tech for 30 points a tech.

This will require little coring by Mughals, as overextension would slow rooting out corruption :confused:

But we can live with that. We got vassals to feed after all..

0udJmfG.jpg

Speaking of vassals..

Let's give MING some more cores back ;)

Next up: Dali!

Ayutthaya can't protect them, as I called them in my war versus KACHAR.

Using terrain mapmode non stop is really starting to grow on me..

BN1gECl.jpg

The Mughals stomped Dali out of their highlands.

RPsadEG.jpg

Hsenwi went for Kachar also, and we divided Kachar between ourselves.

BYE Kachar.

I had missed that Dali occupied ONE province near Burma.

Oh well, let's pursue you THERE then :mad:

I don't like fighting in highlands anyways!

JwvTWFD.jpg

*STOMP*

VCfkDDK.jpg

In other news: Scandinavia allied the Ottomans, and they are doing a joint war versus Russia. Great Britain joined the side of Scandinavia, and Spain joined Russia side.

Be my guest, folks. I'll conquer entire Asia while you are at it :rolleyes:

K0Dhs53.jpg

Dali gave up, and ceded a big part of their land to Ming.

And whaddayaknow, all other Chinese nations are close to coming out of truce ;)

Liang got obliterated in their capital, and our troops spread. War won within the month :rolleyes:

Liang quickly ended their war with Jin, and Mughals spread to THAT taken territory also!

vTJS6i0.jpg

The Mughals are still at admin tech 10. The sultan spend all his dosh on workshops and new mosques. That will generate MORE dosh income to spend on textile manufacturies later on!

Important tip: build workshops and churches were the monthly revenue is 0.10 or more. Build manufacturies where monthly revenue is 0.30 or more. lower if you got too much ducats I guess. But it might be better to build regimental camps in territory cores, for +1 force limit each. Build manpower buildings only in provinces with 5+ manpower value, lower if you got the dosh to spend.

ZmBNb4j.jpg

The brunt of the Liang territory got divided between Ming and Manchu.

JEG5Qqu.jpg

Well, Russia lost o_O

Scandinavia and the Ottomans make a nice team.

Great Britain duked it out with Spain, their former ally, during this war. Seems they will never be friends again...

XsBfXDZ.jpg

A quick war versus Wu almost FINISHED the reconquest of Ming. All that remains is some enclaves :eek:

Sunjan Singh was delighted when he saw the new map of China!

The dandy emperor of Ming travelled to Delhi, and he could *kiss* our Great Sultan for what he had done for Ming in the last decades.

lSwDRez.jpg

"Ehh... No thanks?"

*the Chinese emperor shuffles forward nevertheless*

*Sujan Singh I stepped back, and raised his hands to stop the chinese emperor*

"It was nothing! Nothing at all!"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Defeating a full stack with only 800 men is a real accomplishment if you ask me, it should be an achievement ;)!

While reading the chapter I got exited to try a Chinese campaign, but not as Ming itself, more a divided Ming. Do you think there would be any sort of strategy to start as Ming and to break your country apart yourself? Seems hard to break Ming from the outside and than try to conquer the warring Chinese states.

Great progress by the way, as always :).

You're in a good shape, glad to see. :)

They key for trade should be to control the key nodes over the world with diverse trade steering direction - Malacca, Aden, Ceylon, Hormuz, [Crimea], Alexandria, carribean and [Aleppo]. Girin have also have a high deversity but lacking trade value due to its poor incoming node.

Lets see what you can take out of your juicy trade network. :)

Defeating a full stack with only 800 men is a real accomplishment if you ask me, it should be an achievement ;)!

While reading the chapter I got exited to try a Chinese campaign, but not as Ming itself, more a divided Ming. Do you think there would be any sort of strategy to start as Ming and to break your country apart yourself? Seems hard to break Ming from the outside and than try to conquer the warring Chinese states.

Great progress by the way, as always :).

Just get yourself at - stab as Ming and POOF.

Or go for the challenge, and take Ming on as Sarig Yogir or so :)

Got to warn you though: If Ming explodes, then all Chinese states get 'unify china' cb (like in QING AAR), and that allows for fast conquest in China. They will all start to war each other unless good alliance blocks form. It can make things exciting/easy depending how you look at it.

Maybe release your desired nation out of Ming right before they will collapse to rebels, and start playing whoever you want.

Last edited:
You're in a good shape, glad to see. :)

They key for trade should be to control the key nodes over the world which diverse trade steering direction - Malacca, Aden, Ceylon, Hormuz, [Crimea], Alexandria, carribean and [Aleppo]. Girin have also have a high deversity but lacking trade value due to its poor incoming node.

Lets see what you can take out of your juicy trade network. :)

Mackwolfe helped me a lot, as trade in EU4 is not my specialty. But don't expect 100+ ducats in trade all of sudden; I got dip tech THREE and few Merchants. But we'll try to improve the trade situation.

Mackwolfe learned me that there is a new subject interaction that can be of use here.

By the way, what did you think of the Bollywood stuff? Seems fitting right?

I was happily surprised that Bollywood had a series on the Mughal ruler Akhbar, and his wife Jodha. Made for good flavour material.

Just get yourself at - stab as Ming and POOF.

Or go for the challenge, and take Ming on as Sarig Yogir or so :)

Got to warn you though: If Ming explodes, then all Chinese states get 'unify china' cb (like in QINQ AAR), and that allows for fast conquest in China. They will all start to war each other unless good alliance blocks form. It can make things exciting/easy depending how you look at it.

Maybe release your desired nation out of Ming right before they will collapse to rebels, and start playing whoever you want.
I think if I want to play it safe it's best to start as Ming and to destroy myself. But I think releasing every nation possible isn't the best strategy? I think I'll try it this evening.

And you see, even without a female heir who rides elephants you can still find other interesting stuff ;)!

dip tech 3 is may a factor and should vanish after teching up (say hello corruption :)).
In my historical SPQR run (Savoy > S&P > Italy > SPQR) i've gathered 500+ ducats / month with 7 merchants. If i were a heavy colonizer with access to all juicy nodes it could 1k+.
t083eBI.jpg

btw your boolywood stuff is really cool. Would like to see some benny lava images -> take a look at youtube and the parody if you not know him. :D

I took another look at that 'women in history' DLC event for Mariam-Uz-Zamani, and it makes me wonder if SHE is the rajput princess of the BOLLYWOOD serie pictures I am using in this chapter.

Maybe Judha is in fact her (judha is rajhput princess in the Judha Ahkbar series too).

.. And the name? Who knows. Worth investigating I guess.

edit: seems it indeed is Mariam-Uz-Zamani in the Judha Ahkbar series, as it is popular belief that she was also known as 'Jodha Bai'.

There is a popular perception that the wife of Akbar, mother of Jahangir, was also known as "Jodha Bai".

Her name as in Mughal chronicles was Mariam-uz-Zamani. Tuzk-e-Jahangiri, the autobiography of Jahangir, doesn't mention Jodha Bai nor Harka Bai or Heer Kunwari.Therein, she is referred to as Mariam-uz-Zamani. Neither the Akbarnama (a biography of Akbar commissioned by Akbar himself), nor any historical text from the period refer to her as Jodha Bai.

According to Professor Shirin Moosvi, a historian of Aligarh Muslim University, the name "Jodha Bai" was first used to refer to Akbar's wife in the 18th and 19th centuries in historical writings.[According to the historian Imtiaz Ahmad, the director of the Khuda Baksh Oriental Public Library in Patna, it was Lieutenant-Colonel James Tod who first mentioned Jodhabai in his book Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan.

"In the Akbarnama, there is a mention of Akbar marrying a Rajput princess of Amer but her name is not Jodhaa," says historian and director of the Khuda Baksh Oriental Public Library, Imtiaz Ahmad in Patna. She is referred to as Mariam Zamani (Mary of the Age). This is a title and not a name. It further says that Mariam Zamani is a title referred to the lady who gave birth to Prince Salim, who became Emperor Jehangir. But the name Jodha is not mentioned anywhere

your ability to snowball is always impressive

@atwix

One question: You have finished westernization, but from the later screenshots i see that you can still store monarch points that exceed western tech storage cap of 999 monarch points. How is this even possible?

Is this a mod or a bug, or i have missed explanation in previous chapters?

Last edited:
@atwix

One question: You have finished westernization, but from the later screenshots i see that you can still store monarch points that exceed western tech storage cap of 999 monarch points. How is this even possible?

Is this a mod or a bug, or i have missed explanation in previous chapters?

I wonder about this also.

Yeah, I can store up to 1158 or so points after westernization.

I *think* its a bug/oversight. I went from tribal government to Iqta government when forming Mughals, and I only REFORMED my government from Iqta to administrative monarchy AFTER westernization finished, which will be next chapter.

I think, because I didn't reform BEFORE westernization finished, that the cap stayed for Iqta government. Or something like that.

It might be an oversight, because normally players would reform Iqta to administrative monarchy BEFORE finishing westernization.

But because I keep low tech, it likely bugged out when I finished westernization as IQTA government. Changing to administrative monarchy (rfeormin government) didn't change the cap to 999.

It is a really weird bug.

Anyhow, I got 1158 monarch point cap, don't ask me why :s

Last edited:
Why is the default cap 999, and not 1000? It's been bugging me since release.

It's interesting how our approaches to corruption management have been different.

You have no loans, little inflation, tons of corruption, I have tons of loans, 50% inflation, zero corruption though. I wonder, does corruption affect coring times via increasing core costs...?

the increased monarch points cap is from corruption: it increases costs but also your points storage capacity. i think it's that way because otherwise you wouldn't be able to tech up at all at high corruption levels

Reactions:
the increased monarch points cap is from corruption: it increases costs but also your points storage capacity. i think it's that way because otherwise you wouldn't be able to tech up at all at high corruption levels

yeah, I figured it out too. I noticed my cap was going DOWN, so I made the link to corruption also :)