• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 3: Let's butter up our new neighbour

Iow6stJ.jpg

Gwalior is cooking, I need to improve relations or else a coalition will form if I annex them :confused:

As it is now, I can't even piss in the direction of anything in India, or entire India will stomp me :oops:

Ok, then we go for SUNNI clay now :D

Baluchistan was attacked.

*STOMP*

See why?

I used 'grant generalship' from noble estate, to get 40 army tradition general.

I got a 6 shock general :confused:

Don't look at me, I SWEAR I didn't save scum or anything o_O

sQl9HuF.jpg

They made some new troops, but they got wiped when I arrived in their second fort.

DxflLEk.jpg

I annexed Gwalior before I realized I was close to taking this new Influence idea :rolleyes:

Jangladesh now gets less aggressive expansion modifier for its conquests. Sounds good.

After reading the AAR @Path wrote on Theodoro, I got convinced that influence is the best idea group to take FIRST.

Tu9UEsi.jpg

Baluchistan got full annexed.

Because why not :cool:

YhDGbN8.jpg

Timurids and small some small hindu nations joined coalition against Jangladesh.

I decide to do a pre-emptive strike against this coalition. My ally Jaunpur gets called in, because I need a meatshield against these SUPERIOR numbers.

I wish to note one thing that annoys me greatly: It plainly says in this tooltip that Timurids will be a Co-Belligerent.

svZueXJ.jpg

But in fact they are not.

GRMPF :mad:

I'm beginning to understand why @TheMeInTeam Always complains about such misleading tooltips...

Oh well. We got a war to fight now!

Let's dance, Timurids :p

Note that Jaunpur didn't want to help versus Timurids. Otherwise I would have declared on Timurids directly.

And I wanted to make sure the coalition didn't grow any bigger!

JrAuESf.jpg

Jangladesh wants ticking war score from the wargoal. This isn't a coalition war, so I got to occupy the province I declared for to get ticking warscore..

Aka Katmandu.

qKccSsD.jpg

Jaunpur is doing its job: playing meatshield versus the Timurids :)

pPTlD0S.jpg

I siege up all the east nations first. Assam capital fell and they got kicked out of the war. Then I stomped that stack on Katmandu.

8xqOAdU.jpg

Nothing like tricking superior number army into attacking in mountains :cool:

BYE Timurids ;)

5cZc4a1.jpg

Ardalan is a vassal of the Ottomans. The Ottomans declare over a claim/core of them.

Sure, go ahead. Makes it easier for me occupy stuff in Timurid turf :rolleyes:

Hmm... The Ottomans.

You can be of use. Maybe.

spnlkI3.jpg

OUT OF MY WAY :mad:

I want to make sure I occupy their capital and the fort NEAR it before the Ottomans can do anything.

egF7mxp.jpg

My intent never was to take Katmandu or Tirhut.

My intent was THIS.

If you think "HUH?" now...

z1p5pXp.jpg

...then now you will probably get it.

THIS-IS-PERSIA!

And that lone province I took allows me to fabricate on Yarkand ;)

wFeFXFK.jpg

Persia has a ton of cores around the place. Including entire Tabarestan and Shirvan.

Tabarastan has NO allies.

OK, let's conquer our favourite fishing spot, the Caspian sea area!!

h4zgTWU.jpg

Hmm, their army is gone. Somehow it got black flagged on Timurid turf.

i4ej13W.jpg

"Who me? Invading? NAH, I'm here to FISH!"

"OK" said general Sahriyar, and moved to their mountains to lose black flag.

Fishing? Yeah right...

*STOMP*

pJG2NzV.jpg

Capital mistake, general Shahriyar :rolleyes:

And now I'll siege your capital :mad:

wpvwKml.jpg

They got full annexed.

The ruler of Persia assured me there is a core of them to the northwest, but all I can see is this weird fog :confused:

So I grant the eastern province to Persia, and assign all my soldiers to wave palm branches around, until the fog disperses.

2EBF2vB.jpg

Whaddayaknow, it worked :cool:

"Hi Shirvan! Oh, you have no allies! How convenient!"

"Can I come in to explore your capital fishing grounds??"

"No?"

"Ok, then I'll bring my army to your doorstep!!"

6apOZ5X.jpg

CHAAARGE!!

jKB91J4.jpg

Sure is foggy around here...

*STOMP*

LDMw2iD.jpg

Our ruler took the 'explore the holy fishing grounds' mission, and sailed a small skiff into these misty waters.

The Caspian sea gave away its secrets :eek:

Jangladesh is now forever blessed with manpower and army bonuses, until 1821!

EbEmL4l.jpg

"Oh hi there Armenia!"

"Yeah, it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You don't know about me? Oh, but I want to get to know YOU for sure! Especially because you have no allies!"

"I love nations with no allies, you see."

Last edited:
Reactions:
2NE3Dje.jpg

Persia got the majority of all the provinces. Jangladesh keeps a few provinces, until the army waved the mist away with their palm branches..

xlSi1ZA.jpg

The army dispersed the mist, our spy network in Armenia is being built.

Time to go for another claim.

Hormuz was attacked.

Guess what? No allies.

SeGgIqP.jpg

Yeah, Oman and Yemen broke alliance with them, to conquer them.

Hormuz is now at war with the entire Arabian Peninsula...

Tough luck folks, I was here first :mad:

roQSPLk.jpg

"Hormuz will drag Jangladesh into war with Yemen and Oman. Hormuz will become a vassal of Jangladesh."

Sounds good.

fIC85BF.jpg

OH NOES!

WE ARE BEING ATTACKED!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Err, NO. Let's call our ALLIES over here, because everyone and their mother in Arabian turf is suddenly attacking us!

How... very... unexpected :D

iZ1po19.jpg

Got to love this :)

ZxQSPNE.jpg

Learn to FIGHT Oman :mad:

You missed my troops by a MILE there :rolleyes:

rCz8vWs.jpg

Jaunpur and Gujarat stroll in, and start to make a wondrous mess of things.

wsA9kJH.jpg

Hejaz gets peaced out FIRST, as they are non co-belligerent. Jangladesh annulled their alliance with the Ottomans.

VCGkS3W.jpg

Ladakh integrated.

But more importantly, Malwa and Vinegar decide its a good day to attack our little alliance block.

uh-OH o_O

PpHgMGG.jpg

Everyone is running back, but we all arrive too late. Gujarat peaces out, and Vinegar is getting crazy big.

I began to wonder if this very hard difficulty wouldn't be my downfall in the near future..

3vRN9sl.jpg

But who cares. We got a plan.

Anyways, we full annexed Oman, took a very big bite out of Yemen, and granted all the provinces to our new vassal Hormuz.

Jangladesh keeps a few provinces, to be able to make claims in Africa. And to expand our coring range.

Guess three times who I will make claim on now ;)

Qzrcpvg.jpg

Our spies produced papers that proved that Jangladesh has a claim on the capital of Armenia.

Sounds plausible :rolleyes:

Our spies produced papers that proved that Jangladesh has a claim on a coastal province of the Golden Horde.

Because Jangladesh is the protector of the Holy Fishing Ground, all provinces around the Caspian sea are ours by right!

fmXVRmG.jpg

Jangladesh borders Ming since forever, and they rivalled and WARNED us.

And then they told us of civil war.

NO, I won't invade Ming to release OPM Wu amidst Wu rebels.... It crossed my mind though ;) Don't have coring range to repeat my Yeren AAR stunt here :(

pksqOu1.jpg

Tell me about yourself, Ottomans.

Oh, you are at war with the Mamluks and winning? Good for you.

You like us a lot? Yeah SURE! I like you too buddy!

fGUSVbM.jpg

Tell me about yourself, Mamluks.

Oh, you are at war with the Ottomans and losing? Sorry to hear that.

You like us a lot? Yeah sure! I want your land! I like it a lot!

6YtwBp3.jpg

"Say Ottomans, it looks like we are neighbours now."

"Yeah, we share rivalry against these vile Timurids! You like the Panjabi bride we sent to your harem? I would hope so!"

"Will you please accept an alliance then?"

"Yes? YAY!"

Mission 'buttering up the Ottomans' completed, giving 'meatshield' bonus until the end of the Alliance.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

PS. @bbqftw here is what you asked for:

situation in 1516, but most of Europe is still Terra incognita.
WU3Ap6k.jpg

I will post similar screenshots in upcoming chapters too, if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I used 'grant generalship' from noble estate, to get 40 army tradition general.

I got a 6 shock general :confused:

Too lucky. TOO lucky.

Reactions:
Of course you didn't, but it gets very suspicious ;)...

"Oh hi there Armenia!"

"Yeah, it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You don't know about me? Oh, but I want to get to know YOU for sure! Especially because you have no allies!"

"I love nations with no allies, you see."
That humour, marvellous :p!

Last edited:
re-read the chapters on my laptop with 1366x768 resolution, and I can barely read the text of these images..

I realize I should have played this campaign on my CRT on 1080p resolution.

Oh well. All screenshots until 156x will be in 2560x1440.. Silly mistake on my part.

I really need to catch up in writing, as my campaign is way ahead now.

But things got so exciting ;)

I'll try to catch up ASAP, and I'll use the old screenshot format after 1560.

I simply wanted to try eu4 on my 27 inch screen, but I realize now its bad for AAR screenshots.

Maybe I'll crop the screenhshots, but that sounds like bad idea :(

Sorry if anyone had any issue so far with looking at -and reading the screenshot text- of this AAR :oops:

Last edited:
Nah, I'm fine reading your posts on a 1366×768 screen. The images are clickable, y'know. Also one can open them in a new tab to examine in all details.
You don't need to change anything, I think.

i just realized that jangladesh's color is just like old jerusalem

Chapter 4: The road to Samarkand

1Di29vh.jpg

Last chapter we buttered up the Ottomans, and now we start trolling them :D

Jangladesh has a claim on the Mamluks, and we declare war.

It is VERY convenient that our army can walk across the Ottoman provinces into the Mamluk turf :cool:

And it is also very convenient that the Ottomans help us to reform our military.

BBF, Ottomans :p

But I will occupy everything around Damascus and beyond, thank you very much ;)

If you read my other AAR, you will probably already know what I am planning here..

wz2wkyo.jpg

I do the sieges, Ottomans do the heavy lifting.

They do their job, we do ours.

Pity we aren't in the same war here, Ottomans :D

FBjgFZG.jpg

The Ottomans somehow mind read my intentions, and they peace out o_O

....After they routed the entire Mamluk army.

They took Cyprus and some worthless clay in the north.

And Jangladesh occupies Damascus ;)

XlkMHwm.jpg

Tricking the Mamluks to fight me, and Jangladesh sends them packing.

Ah Naablus. I thought of Orlando Gavalas on this moment.

Though luck Naxos, you won't get Jerusalem in THIS campaign :mad:

9pSxHyQ.jpg

Jangladesh occupies the capital of the Mamluks. They aren't beaten by far, as they still have loads of troops o_O

If the stack NE of their capital hadn't been reinforcing still, they probably would have gunned me down..

uemWkfO.jpg

Instead, Jangladesh guns THEM down :mad:

The siege army on Damascus gets crushed..

22eKHGw.jpg

The Mamluk siege army in Qahirah had a lot of disease outbreaks, and Jangladesh manages to siege down most of the Mamluk turf, before they could siege their capital back.

I occupied the entire Mamluk territory, and then engaged the Mamluks head on on their capital.

If the Mamluks sieged back their capital before I had been able to attack, I simply would have sieged it again, while they siege back Damascus..

But, diseases prevented the Mamluks from doing so.

Let's dance, Mamluks!

Bad attack rolls :confused:

I swiftly hired some mercs in the provinces near Qahirah, and threw them in also.

My center was now fresh mercs!

CHAAARGE :mad:

18iB0R4.jpg

The Mamluks were sent packing once more.

They accepted a 100% warscore peace deal now..

And guess what, Jangladesh takes Jerusalem! Yay :cool:

+ prestige yearly, and another missionary as reward.

dmzUSN7.jpg

Yarkand was improving relation with the Timurids. I didn't want them to ally, so I attacked them a good while back.

Time to fight the war against Yarkand now!

JPvyBaz.jpg

What can I say? They are really weak ;)

shjeses.jpg

We asked a lot of their clay, and released Chagatai as our vassal. And then we granted all the provinces to our vassal.

MO4wquO.jpg

The truce with the Timurids was gone.

The Ottomans had declared on their own against the Timurids, before our truce was gone.. It was a matter of months really. Because I had truce, they couldn't call me in.

Good for me.. I declared my own war ASAP.

I made sure the fort near Baghdad was sieged in MY name, same for the fort in Khuzestan.

In fact, Baghdad has a 7k stack on it. Timurids defeated it. I sent a 1k stack with my shock general. The Timurids got baited by the 1k stack, and were movement locked to attack it in Baghdad. But guess what, the Ottomans were movement locked ALSO to siege the fort down with a very big stack.

In the end, my general dispersed the Timurids with help of the Ottomans, and the fort is being sieged in MY name..

All I could lose was fort control and 1k stack, so it was worth to try.. And it worked.

Manoeuvring for the win.

fRvExfi.jpg

The Ottomans make a wondrous mess of things. I siege stuff, they kill stuff.

Works for me ;)

MhaNu55.jpg

An overview. The Timurids are in fact quite big as they ate large part of QQ in the west.

After I anulled alliance of Hejaz with the Ottomans, they allied the Timurids. I made Hejaz full co-belligerent, and that dragged Sharjah in.

One thing you didn't notice maybe: I called Jaunpur in to help. Now they want to help me.

Makes me wonder if my first war against the Timurids was done with the wrong CB.. Looking back to screenshot of that first (coalition) war, I did have claim on Multan soil, and maybe Jaunpur would have helped also..

Oh well, the difference would have been a few more Persian provinces and a load less AE.

Can't change it now :(

ZMxgcfB.jpg

Timurids got hammered by their rivals in the EAST and the WEST :mad:

sQjuXON.jpg

I made a grave error though.

I completely forgot that provinces, that aren't protected by a fort, also give warscore to the nation that occupies it, since patch 1.16.

While Jangladesh sieged the forts of the Timurids, Ottomans occupied a load of Timurid clay. They got enough warscore to do THIS.

"HEY! That is my vital territory :mad:"

"... I must shut up or I lose the alliance?"

*GULP*

(grovelling tone) "Okay! Sure! Take it!"

(Ottomans still look angry at me) "I will renounce all my claims on that land! I never really wanted it anyways!"

(Ottomans still desire the entire Persian territory) "I'm sure we can come to an agreement on that later on..."

(Ottomans leave) "PFWIEUW :oops:"

yoWw9PB.jpg

Rebels start to ravage the Timurids.

Jangladesh completely withdraws from Timurid area, and prepares to invade HEJAZ.

Jaunpur killed most of their army while they were attempting a resiege on Afghan soil.

And now I kill the remains...

17N2HX8.jpg

And HEEERE is what I was waiting for ;)

Persian seperatists spawn in Timurid clay, and start occupying all the provinces they have core on.

Last edited:
04gPK3W.jpg

Hejaz was juuuuust about 100% warscore to full annex. So Jangladesh did a full annexation.

Because aggressive expansion is just a number!

kFypv41.jpg

All the provinces from Hejaz (except the Hejaz state) are given to Hormuz.

Jangladesh gets 'custodian of the holy cities', and receives another missionary and more yearly prestige.

Our mission 'improve our prestige' was taken right before these peace deals, and it immediately finished for +1 stability.

The Timurids give us some clay on Iraqi soil, and Hormuz gets it all (they share culture with this area).

Jangladesh also takes some territory for itself around Afghanistan.

Right.

I only made peace when rebels took the capital of the Timurids, and after Persian rebels occupied the forts they could.

Rebels occupied fort in QARA QOYUNLU territory. Rebels occupied the fort in MULTAN territory.

Please roll your eyes when looking at the next screenshot :rolleyes:

B7bkeNQ.jpg

The Timurids collapsed to rebels, because 50% of their provinces were occupied by rebels.

The rebels enforced their demands.

Ahh, it is rewarding when a plan comes to fruition :D

Qara broke free, Multan broke free.

But most importantly: Persian rebels gave my vassal ALL the cores they sieged. For FREE o_O

They missed a few, so Jangladesh keeps the 'reconquest' cb on the Timurids..

And because the rebels didn't 'defect', Persia didn't get a load of Liberty Desire from defecting rebels..

The Ottomans lost Timurids as a rival, and they reshuffled their 'vital territory' to their new rival Muscovy...

They still wanted the Persian land, but the 'wants your provinces' modifier wasn't too big.

And Jangladesh? Already on its next war ;)

I didn't want Nogai to enter a coalition :mad:

Note that Nogai FULL ANNEXED the Golden Horde, after Muscovy weakened them.

So I simply declared for the claim I already had on Golden horde turf.

MUSCOVY is also invading Crimea... The ally of Nogai.

The army of Nogai is busy in the west. I saw them appear in the Crimea territory that got unveiled, right before this screenshot. With their entire army.
Jangladesh equipped their stacks with palm branches, and started waving the mist away in Nogai :rolleyes:

Nogai is protected by Crimea, Georgia, Circassia and Khiva. But they are all busy with the Muscovites ;)

Works for me.

zth2IrM.jpg

"Hi Qara! Yeah, it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You want protection against the Ottomans? But they are my ally!"

"FINE, I'll place some troops inside your borders then. Stop nagging."

zniU0VY.jpg

Astrakhan fell.

Our sultan marvelled at the Holy Fishing shrine.

(Ryukyu AAR chapter 10 if you don't get all these fish remarks)

Nogai got rid of all its mist, but NOT of the Muscovites :confused:

Muscovy peaced out, and they trapped the Nogai army in Crimea. And then they didn't want to give access to Nogai to engage me.

Thanks AI :p

T9ZoGcR.jpg

"Hi Multan! Yeah it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? Lahore is your core, and you want that 28 development province?"

"Let me send my army to parley. I'm sure we can come to an agreement!"

3HSfxGv.jpg

"Let me propose these generous terms. We will full annex you, and I'll forget you said anything."

rMmZfAc.jpg

Nogai gave me this. And then I handed it all to Persia ;)

4c28et9.jpg

"Hi Muscovy! Yeah, it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You are angry because I blocked your expansion path to the east?"

"Now that you mention it.. Yeah, it does look like you can only conquer two more provinces from Nogai. Isn't that enough?"

"Now now, there is no reason to use foul language."

"Say what? You declare Jangladesh as your rival?"

"BUGGER OFF! Ottomans and Jangladesh are your rival now, and I am ALLIED to the Ottomans. COME GET SOME!"

bAFYlxB.jpg

My BBF Ottomans did a quick war against Mamluks, and took an enclave in GAZA and NAABLUS.

NOT GOOD.

iirc countries with disconnected land will get absolutely massive want your provinces relation hits for the connecting land, I'm surprised you didnt get that when Ottomans took that chunk out of Mamluks

Let's just say the relation with the Ottomans went under 100, even with +100 relation bonus.

That was with militaristic ruler in the Ottomans. I only took 'yellow' flagged land..

Taking their flagged vital territory (aka Qahirah) would have broken the Alliance in a whim, I think.

But because of that enclave, Arabia borders the Ottomans now, and 'rebel siege' behaviour is triggered for my ally.. They kill and siege back everything here. And blunder into the rebels sooner or later ;)

Important tip: Very hard diffuclty has ONE big advantage: neighbouring allies kill all your rebels thanks to this 'rebel siege' behaviour. The ally will siege down any occupied rebel province even if they don't neighbour it in direct line. They will walk over AI nation to reach them! Not through vassals of the player weirdly enough. Downside is repeated added seperatism, UNTIL ally army stumbles into rebels. But who cares about longer seperatism..

Jangladesh is busy dealing with the rebel insurgence in their vassals.

Persia got shia zealots (I forced Persia into Sunni religion) and Hormuz got overrun with rebels..

Oman broke free from Hormuz already..

At least Hormuz kept their cores on Oman, as they share culture group.

Last edited:
KVOwCwx.jpg

Jangladesh full annexed Qara and Multan.

NB1H8YO.jpg

Our rival the Mamluks received a DOW once more.

They allied the remainder of Yemen, and Jangladesh goes for them first...

Yemen got full annexed.

d78CgeT.jpg

The Mamluks are sieging Persia in the far northeast.

Jangladesh will siege their capital then, and keep an eye on them ;)

V3XWZmE.jpg

The Mamluks did come back, after I sieged their capital and all their land. Jangladesh wipes a small stack of them.

Malwa and Vinegar are invading again, and I accept the call to arms :confused:

But I'm a bit BUSY here, I can't commit to this war in India :cool:

Oman received a DOW, as they were improving relations with the Ottomans.

Permission for alliance denied!

My stack did a tactical retreat, and waited for some reinforcements that travelled from Oman, after the Omani army got wiped.

The Mamluks were busy resieging their capital again.

tfS1D2j.jpg

20+k Jangladeshi spearmen attacked the Mamluks in Qahirah once more!

F77XLE4.jpg

Jangladesh followed the routing army.

WIPE :mad:

0BAwFLN.jpg

Mamluks accepted a 100% peace deal. The Ottomans flagged the area of Qahirah as vital territory, so I take THIS.

Even if the Ottomans take anything and get a port in Red sea, then they still can't declare on anything else beyond it.. And they can't go for North Africa either.

I increased autonomy and never looked back.

OMAN got full annexed again, and Jangladesh army left this area...

qQLYxTI.jpg

Opportunistic DOW for the win. Mongolia won't protect Yarkand. Time to get some more sunni clay for my vassal Chagatai.

hJqSO8w.jpg

I briefly considered helping out my allies in India instead of attacking again, but I decided against it.

OMG THE NUMBERS they threw at each other :eek:

They actually kept each other in check, without gaining much ground...

Jaunpur, Gujarat and Vinegar depleted their ENTIRE manpower pool in fights!

In the end 2 provinces switched hands... Malwa took one of my provinces, and I now have reconquest cb on Malwa!

NCyWrtG.jpg

Jangladesh didn't care. After Yarkand got obliterated, Oirat was next. Oirat was being invaded by Mongolia, who declared independence with backing of a few Chinese nations and Yarkand.

Makes me wonder: Mongolia was doing independence war.. Can they join a defensive war for their allies then?

Anyways, Oirat and Yarkand accepted peace, and this is the result...

4ETs7rS.jpg

Jangladesh didn't sit idle.. They moved the army close to Samarkand.

The sultan of Jangladesh once visited Samarkand in his youth, and he wants to take this crown jewel of the Asian steppes for himself!

Timurids broke alliance with Nogai , which is hilarious....

jcwkcac.jpg

"Hi Timurids! Yeah, it's me, Jangladesh."

"Say what? You hate our guts? Yeah! I love you very much. For breaking your alliance right before our truce was gone.."

aFWwjL5.jpg

The fort in Bukhara fell within one month, because Timurids wasn't paying its upkeep at start of the war..

Jangladesh baited the entire Timurid army to attack them on bad terrain!

3wD8WEm.jpg

Bad terrain? Seems like plains to me...

Lucky enough we got military tactics advantage...

Timurids are losing!

And Samarkand is being sieged ;)

36zylYf.jpg

I laughed out loud when THIS happened :D

I was pursuing the routing Timurid army, when CIVIL WAR broke out!

Guess where the pretenders popped :rolleyes:

Right in the province where Timurids where routing to.. And a few days before the Timurids and Jangladesh arrive there, movement locked...

l37vfbT.jpg

Jangladesh watched in amusement how the Timurid pretenders engaged the Timurid army, and routed it..

When the fight was over, Jangladesh wiped the weakened pretender army.

laJrzrS.jpg

Right after, the Timurids were attacked once again in the Persian mountains.

Is it me or didn't I look well at the previous screenshots of the previous chapters: that terrain looks gorgeous!

I'm trying out a new mod.

Its an old mod called 'enhanced graphics', and it changes base texture of the landscape everywhere.
It synergizes with transparant political mapmode, which makes it gorgeous.

You have to delete one file in the mod to make it ironman compatible, it says so on the steam workshop page. Terrain.bmp or something.

link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293753485

nH7fkMW.jpg

@Tom D. this is how the terrain looks like world wide, zoomed out, if you use the 'enhanced graphics' mod.

jQOxJUU.jpg

Samarkand fell :)

The Timurid army could only flee to the lone province they hold near the Persian Gulf.

CHAAAARGE :mad:

oX4M3ku.jpg

WIPE :mad:

And their last fort in Afghanistan is being sieged.

pWNR8XN.jpg

Meanwhile, the Ottomans invaded the Mamluks, and took all their vital territory.

Help yourself, buddy ;)

Note that seperatists defected a few provinces BACK to the mamluks, before they got stomped by the Ottoman Invasion.

The other territory got constantly sieged/resieged behind the back of the Mamluk rebels with a 1k stack.

3OUCm9N.jpg

Important tip: USE State mapmode before making peace, folks. Jangladesh asks for all the provinces in the capital state of Transoxiana, which is worth 60 development..

EOdFwqv.jpg

The road to Samarkand has been found, and now Samarkand is our rightful territory!

I end this chapter with this diplomatic mapmode screenshot.

The Timurids and Nogai are almost surrounded ;)

VGvOBwX.jpg

Samarkand is one of the most ancient cities of the world which was peer of Rome, Athens and Babylon in ancient times. Samarkand is entitled as “Heart of the Silk Road”, being located on the crossroads of the Great Silk Road.

4kRmIUu.jpg

Our sultan travelled to Samarkand, after an invitation from the Silk road merchant guild.

0vSc97I.jpg

The sultan was very pleased with their attention and proposals, and moved his court to Samarkand in the end.

This greatly displeased the Rajput nobles, but there was little they could do about it...

Next chapter will tell about another great war in India!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Is it me or didn't I look well at the previous screenshots of the previous chapters: that terrain looks gorgeous! Also, you didn't attack ally Hejaz first in the first war against the Timurids like you always do, how come? Just a minor question, great progress.

Is it me or didn't I look well at the previous screenshots of the previous chapters: that terrain looks gorgeous!

I forgot to mention it, but I'm trying out a new mod.

Its an old mod called 'enhanced graphics', and it changes base texture of the landscape everywhere.

It synergizes with transparant political mapmode, which makes it gorgeous.

link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293753485

Only downside: you have to use Notepad ++ and change the mod file part with 'supported_version="1.12" to "supported_version="1.17"

Last edited:
Also, you didn't attack ally Hejaz first in the first war against the Timurids like you always do, how come? Just a minor question, great progress.

I wanted to stop the Ottomans from occupying Persian core land first.. Didn't want them to take real Persian cores ;)

Thanks for the link, I might try it out for my own AAR since this really makes the game even more beautiful than is already is, if you don't object of course?

Thanks for the link, I might try it out for my own AAR since this really makes the game even more beautiful than is already is, if you don't object of course?

its not my mod, so I won't object.

In fact, i suspect this mod might be ripped from another mod that wasn't ironman compatible.

Feel free.

Only downside: you have to use Notepad ++ and change the mod file part with 'supported_version="1.12" to "supported_version="1.17"
Do you? I thought the game doesn't restrict the use of „obsolete“ mods anymore.