• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2h5o12r.jpg

Back to the Beginning | or Click to Continue...

Last edited:
Construction Post *CURRENT*
Last Updated August 3, 2008

Hello Dear Readers,

Once again, I need your help!

Today's update (Chapter 1B) will display a *NEW FORMAT* :wacko:

So, first, I would like a vote on which format you prefer.

1) 1000 x 640 sized pages, as seen in Prologue and Chapter 1A
vs.
2) 1000 x 1346938476023 sized single page, as seen in Chapter 1B

Second, I would like a vote on which sub chapter should come next (remember... they will ALL be done eventually)

1) Attacking England
2) Colonizing (somewhere) - if you choose this please also choose:
A) North America
B) Caribbean
C) Africa
3) Conquering Centers of Trade

Finally, on a personal note for each of you...
Starting with Chapter 1B I've been trying to include commentators in the story lines. Sometimes it's a quick cameo, other times a larger role (this is pretty much random and should in no way be taken as a form of preference or favoritism).

Now, some of you have difficult forum names to work into an AAR. Also, I realize some of you might not want to be included (particularly if I make you evil or kill you off).

So, please either post or PM me if:
1) you would like me NOT to include you
2) you would like to suggest an alternate name that would be easier for me to use for you

Thanks Again!

----- Everything below this line is old and needs to be archived -----

Hello Readers,

It is time for me to ask for your help!

Our journey is about to diverge, and where it goes is up to all of us.
At the end of the Prologue, I have listed three possible decisions on
how to guide the Nation of Leinster. I'm open to other suggestions
as well, although in the end, this chapter will only be given at most
three options.

So, other than:
1) Attacking Tyrone
2) Changing the National Idea from Press Gangs (and pursuing Diplomacy)
3) Attacking England (RAWR?)

What are some ideas?

It's probably important that I point out that each path does not
necessarily rule out the other choices from happening, it is merely
the FOCUS of the Nation for the next chapter. In other words,
choosing "Abolish Press Gangs," the focus of the Chapter will be the
New Idea, but might involve attacking Leinster or England. So this
isn't necessarily a "what's the best thing to do" type of question...
more of a "what would be interesting to read about next?"

Also, ALL of the Chapter Options WILL (eventually) be updated, and
will each lead to their own unique set of new choices...

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:
How about making a trading empire by conquering the coast of Northern France, Burgundy, Friesland, Utrecht, Hamburg, Oldenburg, Bremen, Mecklenburg, Lübeck, Vorpommern, Hinterpommern, Denmark, Norway, Scania and don't forget all of the Briti....*cough* Irish Isles.

To be honest, I think it would be aesthetically pleasing, but I suppose research costs and poor provinces (Scandinavia) would be another thing. Then there is the challenge in maintaining such a far-flung empire as well, but it's up to you. By the way, have you tested what the newspaper would look like if you blended it with the images; torn images at the edges with the newspaper filling the gaps might look nice.

Another option could be to focus on colonisation: discover the New World and start to colonise. It will first be in North America, but after a few decades you could move south, to the richer parts.

Good to see Leinster ready to invade England, I really liked the quote of Queen Elizabeth ;)

Excellent progress.

Now I would suggest attacking Tyrone, before the English do.

I'm choosing A) Attack Tyrone.

I thought about doing a CYOA AAR in the future, but I it would wouldn't look half as good as this does already.

*subscribed* :cool:

Rtyos said:
<verb> Tyrone
Message received...
Chapter 1A: Uniting Ireland
will be about the upcoming war against Tyrone.
Thank you all for the input / feedback!

Monnikje said:
I'm not entirely sure if I get it right, but I think you should have a look at the last few chapters from FYROM's AAR, and then especially at here and here. Is this in the direction you mean? Maybe then he can clear things up.

Wow... you got it exactly right. Those maps of FYROM's are sexy. Definitely a good source of inspiration. I'm still amazed. You should all go check out his AAR. Seriously, go, now... what are you still doing here?

EUR007 said:
I can only imagine the look on Queen Elizabeth's face when she heard the news.
No need to imagine... I found a portrait !

The Legend said:
I hope you kick back the English scum
I wanted to... I really did... I was in constant fear Burgundy would end the war though :(

The Legend said:
How about unifying the United kingdom under the Irish banner
Walter Model said:
How about making a trading empire by conquering the coast of Northern France, Burgundy, Friesland, Utrecht, Hamburg, Oldenburg, Bremen, Mecklenburg, Lübeck, Vorpommern, Hinterpommern, Denmark, Norway, Scania and don't forget all of the Briti....*cough* Irish Isles.
Monnikje said:
Another option could be to focus on colonisation
Ladies and gentlemen, a preview of Chapter 2!!
Thanks guys, all great options... they will be the 3 paths at the end of Chapter 1 - the main divergence point.

ProffessorEGADD said:
Brilliant stuff!!!!
Haha, thanks... reminded me of A unified Ireland!!! BRILLIANT!

Capibara said:
Good to see Leinster ready to invade England
Born ready, my friend :cool:
Good to have you aboard.

My personal suggestion would be to attack Brittany. Something unusual for a change. Check who does Tyrone guarantee, perhaps that's a good foe and you'll pick of 3 stakes on one fire.

It seems I missed the last update, my vote goes for Tyrone, the Emerald Isle must be unified!