• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 1A

jl5fuc.jpg

Back to the Beginning | Last Choice | or Click to Continue...

Please check out the new Reader's Guide! :D
kfijatass said:
My personal suggestion would be to attack Brittany. Something unusual for a change. Check who does Tyrone guarantee, perhaps that's a good foe and you'll pick of 3 stakes on one fire
I think you're right, and an invasion of Brittany could have gotten really interesting... turns out I had to fight them anyway!
Regarding who Tyrone WAS guaranteed by, check Chapter 1A: Éireann go Brách! :p
Capibara said:
It seems I missed the last update, my vote goes for Tyrone, the Emerald Isle must be unified!
Hopefully the Reader's Guide will help with missing updates, and Chapter 1A will help with that other part. Good to have you with us, Capibara.
Madmonkey24 said:
Option 4.) Get QFTNW and colonize all of South America.
I really like this idea... so much, I've included it as a planned chapter with the working title {A Man, A Plan, A Canal, Panama}... I probably won't keep the title, but I like palindromes almost as much as I like your idea.

Last edited:
Walter Model said:
By the way, have you tested what the newspaper would look like if you blended it with the images; torn images at the edges with the newspaper filling the gaps might look nice.

I have now... I think? Is this what you had in mind...

xp54ib.jpg

How do you think it looks? I'll try to work things like that in. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, be sure to read Chapter 1B (should be up by about 18:00 GMT)... I think you'll "identify" with one of the characters...
[SIZE=+1]
@ Capibara, EUR007, unddu and Nyrael [/SIZE]-
I think you will all likewise have a feeling of "identification"

* Hosting sites are shutting me down left and right over *
* either the image size (1000 x 4800), the file size (4.8 MB) or both. *
* I can trim file size a bit but image size is kind of tough to budge on. *
* Tomorrow I will look for a permanent solution and I will be monitoring the thread. *
* If you notice it down, please be patient... I'll be by in a bit to fix it! *

Chapter_1_B_The_Man_From_Limer_by_LAMiscreant.jpg

Back to the Beginning | Last Choice | or Click to Continue...
What is this? | How Can I Help? | Acknowledgments | "Soundtrack"

Last edited:
Chapter 1 Complete!

If you'd like to vote, please check the updated Construction Post

Or simply copy and paste the ballot below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 1: Which format do you prefer?
A) 1000 x 640 fixed size, multiple pages per chapter (like Prologue or 1:A)
B) 1000 x as.much.as.needed, single page per chapter (like Chapter 1:B)

Issue 2: Which path would you like updated next (all will be done eventually)?
A) Attacking England
B) Colonizing (bonus option: North America, Caribbean, Africa)
C) Conquer CoT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also curious which version you like better so far?

Thanks for reading!

I am so happy that I entered the history...

Anyway, for choices:
1B - the last update is the best looking and least confusing, IMO
2A - England needs to feel the Irish fist!

BTW, what do you think about later (after conquering Brittain) attacking France and Iberia, countries that control the lands that once belonged to Celtic peoples (if my historical knowledge is correct)? It would be a nice to see the rise of Celtic Empire.

P.S. I like how you post updates. It almost made me think that it really did happen. I will certanly vote for you on next AAR contest.

@ jdcarp21
Hi carp! What's funny is that my first programming class is also where I learned about CYOA. However, I never became any good at all at programming... I hope the same is not true for you ;)

Regarding England... I'm surprised to see her on the ropes so quickly. Really, she's just been dragged into so many wars, always had high WE and then the rebels... ohhhhhhh, the rebels. It doesn't help either that France got a foothold in Scotland. Between that, Cornwall, Wales and Northumberland, they just don't have much real estate left. :: evil, maniacal laugh ::

@ The Great Duck
Colonization, yay! - "I'm shipping out to Boston, whoaooaa" (lyrics from Irish punk group Dropkick Murhpy's). I have this strange feeling that the colonization update is going to involve a character in the New World named The Great Duck... really weird feeling, just can't shake it. Probably nothing, let me just go take some aspirin.

And I'm not sure we can form GB... but it better not switch me to the Union Jack >.<

@ TrojanAC
Trojan, thanks for your votes and an EXCELLENT reason not to colonize the other areas. I already have an idea of how I can work that into the story. Without lawns, there is no golf!

Now if only I could get image hosting sites to share your preference for 1000 x 480000000000

@ Nyrael
I'm glad you enjoyed being in the history, because I don't think we've seen the last of your Connacht Nationals.

As soon as I get back from the Evil Empire that is Starbucks, I am going to hunker down and do some research on this Grand Celtic Empire. So far, I've discovered that indeed, they dominated much of Europe:

The below map of the Celtic Empire is hosted off site and is "stitched," so I can't post it inline.
http://www.celticgrounds.com/chapters/appendix/map-celticworld.htm

The formation of an official Celtic Empire definitely sounds interesting as one of the possible endings.

1) B, it is easier to let me computer load one big page than several small pages every couple of minutes.

2) 1, drive the English out of... England?

This is a very good and original for an AAR! I'm really enjoying it.

2) 1, drive the English out of... England?

That happened in Code Geass Anime (where France drove them out to America) and it happened to me today (where Scandinavia drove them to America). Celtic Lands to Viking people, I say!

On behalf of the European Underground Rangers, :D , I will make my vote!

For the next update, I suggest conquering Britain. Then Form Greater Britain and maybe edit the flag for another one. ;)

AS for the updates, The long ones! :D

@ Mohatma
Thanks for the votes, and don't worry... I'll find a way to use Mohatma (might take a few chapters, but eventually I'm guessing I'll bump into some appropriate cultural groups for that name).

@ spl
Glad you are enjoying it!

@ Nyrael
Actually, I've noticed England collapsing more and more frequently. Based solely on anecdotes and conjecture, I think the IN tweaks to rebellions (particularly Nationalists) have made England surprisingly weak!

@ EUR007
I'm considering a European Underground Ranger spin-off, in the tradition of the Free Companies. My thoughts were that a set of scrolls might be discovered - similar to the Secret History of the Mongols - detailing the stories, history and characters of the EUR. Do you think there'd be any interest? This isn't something I've thought through or planned, really... it just emerged as the best way to work "EUR007" into an alternate history of Ireland :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Vote Tally:

Format B (1000 x billions) wins in a landslide!
** If (when?) hosting becomes an issue, I will probably obtain my
own website. On the off chance any of you are or know a web
host / server and can cut me a good deal, you will have a Library
and Chapter dedicated to you in this AAR. **

Next Update:
A) colonization - 2 votes (TrojanAC, The Great Duck)
B) attack england - 4 votes (Nyrael, Mohatma, spl, EUR007)
C) conquer CoTs - 0 votes

I'll leave the voting open while I work on A and B simultaneously.
My my, you are a VIOLENT bunch aren't you?