It's infuriating that the game is still bugged by Paradox & Abstraction's mistakes, 2.5 months after their patch broke the game.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Niallism

Recruit
45 Badges
Nov 20, 2021
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
I don't really have much more to say. I know it's a classic first world problem. This is a repost of a post I made on reddit. I reviewed the forum guidelines here and see no issue.

So, I bought a game and DLC (NOT Below & Beyond), I owned a game, and someone else reached into my computer and broke my game by altering the game, incompetently, so they could sell me DLC. 2.5 months later, it's still not completely fixed. I understand that there have been many fixes, but I refuse to feel appreciative or grateful of repair work done by the perpetrator. Fixing their mistake is the bare minimum.

It's not the degree of offence that it the problem, it's the utter lack of ownership of this mistake. Paradox and Abstraction are both using the tried and tested media strategy of 'Pretend it didn't happen and it will go away eventually'. But I think we're all owed an explanation, an apology, and maybe even some recompense. That way we can assess whether this is likely to happen again. I have no desire to humiliate them, but contrition is one way we all use to assess whether a mistake will happen again.

This'll be the last product published by Paradox I ever buy, unless I see significant change in their approach. I own plenty of their games and DLC - Stellaris, HOI4, and more. But if I can't trust that they won't become broken years after release by their greed and lack of rigor, I can't buy them. And nor should you.

I know I'm unimportant. I'm not stomping around thinking my tiny pathetic purchasing power is significant. But I don't think I'm alone, and I don't think I should be alone. We shouldn't accept this kind of behaviour.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Paradox still have your money so they see no problem.
Since the new game version in September Abstraction have released 4 hotfixes and 2 content update/major patches. All for free.

No problem!

Reactions:
Since the new game version in September Abstraction have released 4 hotfixes and 2 content update/major patches. All for free.

No problem!
Someday they might, just might, get the game back to where it was before the DLC! All that disruption provided for free! You just can't buy that level of annoyance, especially for customers of the game that didn't buy the DLC!

• 3Haha
Reactions: