• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They will mostly make so you can, BUT If you want you can do an Alternate history. Paradox's game have never been to replay history. IMHO The idea of very little sandbox sound horrible. Why would someone want to play as Germany know you going to lose? The biggest attraction to Paradox's games is the sandbox and Alternate history of their games. Not to Replay history over an over again the same way.

Bigger the sandbox the better.
The sandbox in HOI3 results in things like Albania being able to conquer half the world with no repercussions, and the lack of defined paths combined with the awful alignment system makes playing, for example, Republican Spain, rather pointless.
This is why I much prefer Darkest Hour (and to a lesser extent, HOI2), because it has a massive amount of events and flavor which keep the game historical and the right kind of sandbox, where it makes sense, and the AI actually cares how much you're doing.
In HOI3 so long as you avoid the major alliances, you can do whatever you want, and countries like Portugal are pointless because they're not given anything nice in the massive sandbox to play with.

The sandbox in HOI3 results in things like Albania being able to conquer half the world with no repercussions.

Yes but that was on the player's side I've never seen or heard of any like this happening.

I. Want. This. Game. So. Much.
For some odd reason, throwing money at my screen does not seem to produce results.
Should I submit a support ticket? :)

Sign my name too okay?

Yes but that was on the player's side I've never seen or heard of any like this happening.
That doesn't mean the AI should let it happen to the player. The AI should be free to act, not constrained, but those constraints aren't a lack of sandbox, what they are happens to be a symptom of TOO MUCH sandbox in the game, because the player shouldn't have that kind of free reign anyways; realistically, their country would be strained so much at that point, or would have fallen apart.
Paradox seems to always forget that HOI has a focus on a war, not a long time period, such as EU, which has many wars. I hope they can remember this and not go in the path which some people would have, where it's EU for a few years in modern times.

That doesn't mean the AI should let it happen to the player. The AI should be free to act, not constrained, but those constraints aren't a lack of sandbox, what they are happens to be a symptom of TOO MUCH sandbox in the game, because the player shouldn't have that kind of free reign anyways; realistically, their country would be strained so much at that point, or would have fallen apart.
Paradox seems to always forget that HOI has a focus on a war, not a long time period, such as EU, which has many wars. I hope they can remember this and not go in the path which some people would have, where it's EU for a few years in modern times.

That was the reason of Threat, but I guess it never really worked all that good, but lets be honest. It going to happen no matter what! Some player will do, and if you can't. You know people won't be happy.

That was the reason of Threat, but I guess it never really worked all that good, but lets be honest. It going to happen no matter what! Some player will do, and if you can't. You know people won't be happy.
Saying that something will happen no matter what and therefore should not at all be prevented does not work as a line of reasoning. If that were so, laws against murder would not exist, would they?
The game should be based around the war, and therefore player actions which deviate from standard procedure, such as just attacking all neutral nations, should be wrapped into the war. Threatened nations should be brought into good alliances, or the attacking nation should be attacked in turn. But the alignment system in HOI3, in its sandboxy nature, ruined this by making it a convoluted mess in the name of "freedoms" and so, neutral nations would remain neutral, no matter their circumstances.
Determinism is good to keep players in line.

EU4 wasn't that Dumb down at all. They just made it more user friendly with better tutorial, and a hell of a lot better UI.

And how many unit types were in EU4? Any planes? EU4 combat was extremely dumbed down as was EU3 and CK2. Limited unit types = dumbed down. Sort of rocks, paper scissors stuff.

Support tickets! Get yer support tickets here! Send yer moneys and I sends support tickets!

Support tickets!?!

I'll take a Support ticket!

Good to know. Expected, but that doesnt mean it is bad. At all. The only thing i dont like it is the fact that, so far, hoi iv seems exactly the same as hoi iii, which is a good game, but i wouldnt pay more money for the very same thing i already got

Rommel was painted by a noob (collar patches). That explains a lot? - hopefully not.
His PLM looks OK, though.