• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know I am interested, but please don't message me about it unless we get a map ;)

THE MOD IS RECOVERED AND NOT DEAD
@AvroLancaster \ @tsf4

ATTENTION ALL SUBSCRIBERS.

Avrolancaster pulled through and recovered the entire Mod. All the history files, all the content, all the religions, all EVERYTHING are fully intact.

You can view the files by clicking this link.

Avrolancaster himself has announced that he will not work on the Mod again until CK2 is completely finished updating. The contents of this folder were actually launched during the "Old Gods" EP, and the last version worked with Charlemagne. The Map is fully drawn, but it still needs work to be launched in the game.
Anyone who wishes to help may do so my Branching the Mod's Github page (it is public) and add their own work.

If anyone wants to delve further in the Mod or join the development board, please message me.

I have got the mod to start, but map looks funky and I need help with that & the potential interface issue which crashes the game right before it would play.

https://github.com/TurtleShroom/Super_Mario_Mod

Dejure work will happen, once I can get it to load/not look funky.

Bride of the Son of the Bride of the Map
Having been wrong befored in participating in Mods, or having shot myself in the foot once, I have decided that I really want to focus on getting this Mod to launch. I'll set up de jure myself, but the first and most important duty is getting the Map to launch.

Map work is the hardest part. We have a fully developed Map, but the recquisite continents, etc etc. has not been made.
pliAk1U.png

I can write de jure structures, but I am not capable of map work without being able to run the Map.

Anyone who wants to help should check out the Github page.

@Alexander521

When feasible, the Mod uses the canon map for each location based on its game. So, for example, Isle Delfino would use the "Super Mario Sunshine" map. The greater Mushroom World (SMB3) would use that map (if possible), or maps from the cartoons correlating to the same. In cases with multiple maps, I assume TSF4 and Avrolancaster used the best and most detailed ones.

If adding provinces to CK2 is as easy as it is in EU4, I can always add new ones as time goes on.

The one hard part about this, though, is that I don't own a Wii-U or Switch, which means anything made after, essentially, "Super Mario's Galaxy II", is not something I can write the the same sweeping authority that I normally command in my nearly twenty years of "Mario" game experience.

lets hope it will come out soon. I love the design of Peach parents like the queen is a human and the king is a shroom.

The main obstacle to getting anything started is the Map and the basic province files. The Map is already made, as are the province histories.

The Github
Hope the best for this mod :)

I start my job next week, but it's part-time and done at home, so I could work on the Mod if we could get it to load. TSF4 and Avrolancaster are busy with RL as well, but in the end, I may have to pick myself up by the bootstraps and run the Map myself.

-but it would be wise for me to try it after "Holy Fury" is released.

When I first heard about this mod, I was legitimately interested, then I realized it was dead for years. The fact it's being picked back up astounds me and I can't wait to see it done! First Holy Fury comes out with all these amazing new features, then the RWBY mod's creator gets back in touch with promises, and now this is being picked back up as well! What's next? Lux Invicta getting a major update?? Awaiting your progress with bated breath! (Although, yeah I agree with you that waiting on Holy Fury's release is probably for the best.)

When I first heard about this mod, I was legitimately interested, then I realized it was dead for years.

It was a miracle, honestly, that the files were saved. Only two men had the tedious work (history, mapping, etc.), and of those, one had deleted some (and, IIRC, the rest literally went up in smoke when the hardware caught fire). The other, Avrolancaster, had vanished years ago. I finally managed to make contact, and he released all the data that he had.

We're still waiting for someone willing to do the tedious work of getting the dang thing to boot again, God willing. -but if they can't, I'll be forced to teach myself once my job ends.

Hey, not sure if it's too early to start asking questions, since it won't be truly picked back up until after Holy Fury, but...
What are the start dates gonna be? I'm guessing the earliest would be the timespan of the original Super Mario on NES, and maybe as far back as Yoshi's Island as an "Island Date" kind of like the Old Gods and Charlemagne starts, but if you include Odyssey (see below) and thus New Donk City, you could go all the way back to the original Donkey Kong to bridge that gap. You mentioned at least 1985 at one point, but I'm assuming that original plan was for them already being in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Are you going to keep the evil gods for all the religions as "The Evil Spirits" or are you going to eventually change them to something more personalized in the future?

Are Ztars going to be their own faith still, or are you thinking of making them like the Satanists from Monks and Mystics?

Are there still no plans to include the Odyssey continents? It would be awesome to have Metro Kingdom as a Merchant Republic run by Pauline (Maybe in the earliest start date she's
just a patrician with the Mario Bros. as a Metro vassal instead of the Mushroom Kingdom, and a special event chain akin to the Wayne Dynasty in After the End that causes a Kong invasion of New Donk City by a young Cranky Kong.) and another Astrotheology faith based around the Power Moons, maybe with a Patriarch system, but I understand if nobody in position to make such things have the Switch still.

Now for personal thoughts on the matter and little ideas of my own. I don't mean to take too much of a hand in this, I have my own none-CK2 based duties to keep up with, sorry...

Greed and Gambling are designated as "Primitive" like the Yoshis, and the Kong Faith is its own thing, but I feel like they should maybe be "Materialistic" instead with the Kongs (and by extension, Kremlings) are in the Primitive category (Or the Kremlings just follow the Personality Cult under K. Rool and maybe the original Donkey Kong-era Cranky also following it if Metro Kingdom is put in, then if he loses the invasion he gets an event where he converts back to the traditional Kong Crystal Coconut faith).

If you DO go the route of including Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong in the timeline, then perhaps there could be an event line for Yoshi Island (and possibly New Donk City) where when Mario and Luigi grow up, you can either vassalize them as properly raised yoshis (Getting them as a vassal mercenary company), or for some kind of huge bonus (enough of a bonus to give up a free vassal merc company, maybe getting a large amount of piety and money and getting a slightly weaker merc company in the form of the OG Yoshi, idk, I'm not great at balancing...) you could send them to live in Metro Kingdom (Maybe letting them travel the world and they coincidentally end up in Metro Kingdom) and then a similar choice after the Kongo Bongo invasion of honouring the Mario brothers (Is there any way you could guarantee they become patricians? Having them start as patricians doesn't really fit, since they're meant to be plumbers...) or letting them move on to the more rural Mushroom Kingdom, and of course weight the AI so they always choose the canon route of ending up in the Mushroom Kingdom.

IDK, that sounded cooler in my head, and I don't blame you for finding it stupid and unfitting, but it's food for thought. Could give you a better idea than itself!

To syncretize the two maps, the continents would probably be in the centre of the map (Probably shrunk down a little, of course) perhaps Cascade Kingdom could be retconned as a part of the Yoshi territory and Lost Kingdom could be an OPM ruled by tropical Wigglers, then in later start dates it's ruled by the Toad Brigade mercenary group under Peach, since in the game they decide to open up a shop there, basically making it a Mushroom Kingdom colony

Hm... I wonder if this is possible at all... Would it be possible for, if the Mario Brothers, Peach, or Bowser were kidnapped in the Yoshi's Island start date, and you successfully force-raised them to be your culture... For Mario and Luigi, you get the Mario Brothers (Or in the case of *just* Luigi, something else), for Peach you get to, of course, marry her (Either to your king or to your heir) for a free strong claim on the Mushroom Kingdom, if not an outright guarantee to inherit it in a generation or two, and for Baby Bowser the same, but with Bowser's Kingdom. Maybe if you raid the capital of Yoshi's Island before they're too old, you just get an event that lets you take one and run. Not sure if that would be possible, but it would be a cool little thing.

During the initial period of this mod's life, you wanted to make it so there would be "Raised as X" traits and later decided against it. If there's a way to detect when someone has a culture that doesn't line up with their Species Trait, maybe they get a general "Raised by different species" trait that lowers general opinion only slightly and raises opinion with their culture slightly more (Sort of a "You're proof that we're superior, if dumb humies/mushrooms/turtles/etc. can get with the programme then you're living proof it's a good idea" thing).

Again, a random guy's ideas don't have to be taken at face value, I just wanna give some fuel for your fire as it were. Might get some major inspo, or you might not. Who knows? Not I. Can't wait to see what the future brings once you can finally work on this after Holy Fury. I might very well be able to help only a little bit with the less-than-canon lore between personal life and writing my actual novel if you'll take me.

Another thing I just realized, the Peachette thing. People are theorizing this implies a Queen Bee-esque structure to Toads, due to Toadette's transformation into a "Proto-Peach Form" with Peach being the Matriarchal caste, which then raises questions of just what the hell Daisy, Pauline, and Rosalina are. There's still more information to get here since the game this is introduced in is planned for next year, but given that Holy Fury is probably gonna get a release date soon, this is kind of an important question.

To me, this kinda depends on the tone of the mod, which I don't think was ever clarified. Is this mod meant to be a serious interpretation of Mario lore, a la Hyrule: Total War, or is it meant to be more humourous in-line with Mario canon? If it's a serious interpretation, my personal interpretation would be if your character is a Toad/ette and owns a Kingdom or Empire title, there would be a coronation event to become the Patriarch/Matriarch, giving you a trait that gives, say, +1 Prestige, +0.5 Piety, +20 Attraction Opinion +100 Same Culture Opinion +IDK Personal Combat Skill +1 Dip. Might be a bit OP, but it's fitting lorewise and I'm sure someone better at balancing could figure it out.

If it's meant to be fully silly then... Well...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/412/266/5d3.jpg

You can find the crown Super Crown as any character, and it gives you the Super Crown trait that gives you basically the same stats.

And if it's a serious interpretation of lore, but still allowing ourselves to be silly, here's my preferred idea: It's a serious event in Toad culture, treated with the utmost respect, but...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/411/434/2d0.png

Toad Patriarchs become feminine to the human eye because they're not human and are inherently asexual as confirmed by Nintendo, so Toads we would consider Masculine are actually not males and they probably only have gender identities for the sake of diplomacy (Easier for foreigners), hence crowned Matriarchs are also not female if we go by a serious interpretation of the implications with the chance to let ourselves silly... This does however complicate how their marriages work... Is it possible to reprogam it so that just for the toads marriage is asexual?... I bet you weren't expecting making a total overhaul mod with Mario inspiration to be this convoluted... I believe in you all!!

Regardless of how it's interpreted, maybe Goombas, as an implied relative to toads, should also get the chance to have such a tradition.

In regards to Daisy, Rosalina, and Pauline... Well, I guess Sarasaland's natives have a similar tradition with the Super Crown coronations, or maybe if it's better to keep it as a Toad/Mushroom tradition, the Sarasalanders just have either a foreign-species queen (I don't think it's ever been implied that Daisy is Peach's cousin, but I know it's a semi-popular fanon in some parts, so her being ethnically a Toad Matriarch wouldn't raise too many eyebrows, probably) or there's just some non-canonically-mentioned Sarasalander humans. Funnily enough, I'd prefer the foreign-born ruler idea, since there's actually no reason beyond Daisy's ambiguous existence that Sarasaland has any form of human. Pauline is obviously human once you realize: Oh, Metro Kingdomers are literally just regular-ass realistic people. Rosalina, if she were a Toad Matriarch, would probably have more Toad servants, and her storybook states her as being a humanoid from earth, so she's not a Luma in a Super Crown, so logically, she must be some kind of Human like Pauline and the Mario Bros.

Sorry if I'm getting kinda annoying with these long long posts. I just wanna give my help to this mod with my self-confessed hard-on for lore stuff... I love Lore in fictional universes. Could there maybe be a Discord Server for this whole thing so us who don't wanna flood the thread with long-ass ideas posts can more efficiently be a part of the early process?