• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Example COA Shields
After a delay (sorry about that), I present the SAMPLE OF MARIO COATS OF ARMS!! You wouldn't believe how much fun each of them are to concoct and present. I could do it all day.

f3dKMmy.png

--

DESCRIPTIONS:

1. I-XXI
2. XXII-XXVI
3. XXVII-XL

Last edited:
Coat of Arms Shields: I-XXI
Explanation for Shields One through Twenty One!

They are in descending order from left to right. (Cases where I added a link to another place were ones I had to look up. All else is memory.)

1. Mushroom Kingdom (e_mushroom_kingdom); [This is the official flag of the Mushroom Kingdom, as seen in the original "Super Mario Brothers I". All the flags you see in places like "Super Mario LXIV" and "Super Mario's Galaxy I" are the flags of House Toadstool. The Mushroom Kingdom is actually a principality and its rulers are Princes or Princesses.]

2. Koopa Troop (e_bowser); [The original name for Bowser's lands was the "Koopa Troop", which doubles as the name of Bowser's army.]

3. Bowser-Occupied Mushroom Kingdom (titular e_bowser_mushroom_kingdom); [This is the original flag that Bowser hung on every pole, castle, and holding in his overrun demense, in "Super Mario Brothers I". If Bowser can conquer the entire Mushroom Kingdom, he can reform it. Similar to creating Hungary, it also offers religious conversions of the are and moves the capital to Toad Town.]

4. Shooting Star Summit (c_shooting_star_summit); [Shooting Star Summit was the gateway to Star Haven and the place where the Star Spirits speak if they are removed from their actual demense. This is a Holy Site for Astrotheology.]

5. This is an unamed Goomba empire. Similar to how a Dothraki or Pirate in the "Game of Thrones" Mod can declare themselves the Great Khal or the Pirate King respectively, an independent Goomba can declare himself the supreme ruler of all Goombas if he holds both the canon Goomba Kingdom ("Paper Mario I") and at least two other Kingdoms. No vassal can be a Bowser, a follower of Bowser's cult of personality, or of the Bowserite culture. This gives him or her a Tribal Unity casus belli on all other independent Goombas.

6. This is the shield for both Mario and Luigi's house (c_mario) and the Super Mario Brothers mercenary (d_mario, de jure under Mushroom Kingdom). Similar to Constantinople in the Vanilla CK2, if the Mario Brothers somehow become independent, you can reinstate them by Decision. It is a Holy Site for Astrotheology.

7. Isle Delfino (k_delfino); [That's the canon flag of Isle Delfino. Isle Delfino is the only location in the game that is explicitly shown to have an independent judiciary. This implies heavily, alongside the fact that Isle Delfino has no king, that Isle Delfino is a tourist-centered Republic. Instead of those super cool Doge hats, Pianta Republicans wear fedoras, like Donpianta.]

8. If Bowser, a Bowser, a Bowser worshipper, or a character with Bowserite culture conquers Isle Delfino, he can form Bowser's Bath (k_sexy_bowser_in_a_giant_hot_tub). The name comes from "Super Mario Sunshine's" final boss level, where Bowser is literally in a hot tub.

9. Marrymore (c_marrymore); [Marrymore is from "Super Mario's RPG". If you hold it, you can hold special Wedding Feasts, like in "Game of Thrones" Mod.]

10. Kong Island (k_dk); [As shown in "Donkey Kong LXIV", Kong Island is directly adjacent to K. Rool's Floating Fortress. It has several counties representing each level of the game. It is a Kong and Kremlin Holy Site because neither group rersts until total conquest.]

11. Shroob State (e_shroob); [The Shroobs invade the Mushroom Kingdom from the western Bean Bean Kingdom, just like the Aztecs. Need I say more?]

12. Kingdom of King K. Rool (e_kremlin); [According to the original "Donkey Kong Country" games, the actual land of the Kremlins was destroyed in a fight against the Kongs. As such, according to "Donkey Kong LXIV", the Kremlins' base of operations was relocated to a floating fortress. It is a Kong and Kremlin Holy Site, because both want total submission of the other.]

13. Star Spirits denotation (k_star_spirits); [This is the shield for the actual Star Spirits themselves, just like every head of religion has one of their own.]

14. Star Haven (c_star_haven); The de jure county holding of the Star Spirits in k_star_spirits. This is a Holy Site of Astrotheology.)

15. The Shivering State (k_s_shiver); [If one can unite both Shiver City (d_shiver_city) and Starborn Valley (d_starborn_valley), alongside the counties of Western and Eastern Shiver Pass (c_snowman_w/c_snowman_e), Shiver Mountain (c_shiver_mountain), and most importantly, the Crystal Palace (d_crystal_palace), one can fuse the entire thing into the very wealthy Shivering State. In "Paper Mario I", Shiver City is a republic watched over by a corrupt mayor who was famously crushed by a box of Toad Town souveniers. For the game, it's a one-county Republican Duchy unless it can be united with the Crystal Palace as a capital. To the east is Starborn Valley, also a Republican Duchy and a Holy Site of Astrotheology. Both are Republics. D_shiver_city holds Shiver City county and Western Shiver Pass. D_starborn_valley holds Eastern Shiver Pass and Starborn Valley county. Depending on your start date, D_Crystal Palce is abandoned (similar to Colonies in "Game of Thrones Mod" and must be reformed, because the Crystal Palace was a sacred temple for the Star Spirits, or must be unseated from the Crystal King.]

16. Puni Eldership (k_puni); [In "Paper Mario II", the Punis live in a fortified tree in the center of Boggly Woods. They are tribal in nature and are united under one Elder, who ascends by Seniority. (As such, playing as a Puni only allows for Agnatic Seniority Succession, like the Mongols are only Agnatic.)]

17. Petty Kingdom of Grass Land (k_1); [Level One of "Super Mario Brothers III". According to the "Super Mario Brothers Show", Grass Land enjoys the special privilege of both holding the Grass King and the Mushroom Castle, which is one of the canon baronies in Princess Peach's demense*. As canon gives no special title, the ruler of Grass Land is a king.]

18. Petty Kingdom of Desert Land (k_2); [Level Two of "Super Mario Brothers III". Like Grass Land, the ruler is a king.]

19. Petty Kingdom of Water Land (k_3); [Level Three of "Super Mario Brothers III".]

20. Princely State/Principality of Giant Land (k_4); [Level Four of "Super Mario Brothers III". Unlike its prior three kingdoms, Giant Land is overseen by a Prince, not a King. All Giant Land provinces have a special flag that causes anyone and everyone born in them to randomly be born tall or a dwarf. If someone conquers it and moves their capital there, they and all their court gain the same trait.]

21. Empire of Sky Land (k_5); [Level Five of "Super Mario Brothers III". Televized canon indicates that the Sky Land ruler is called an Emperor (similar to how Manchuria was an Empire in name while under total Chinese ownership). This is probably because he is physically above all the other kingdoms, hence the title's name, as a "king OVER kings". Sky Land has some terrestrial holdings, most famously its impenetrable Great Tower. For the game's purpose, Sky Land's sky parts will be in the far-left corner of the map on white clouds, just like Star Haven and the other celestial locations, with the sole exception of the galaxies, which will not be included.]

-

I have to leave now, but I will show you the rest in due time. :laugh:

* = For ease of use and a justification of canon, I hold that Princess Peach's Castle is the capitol and that it, similar to the RL Air Force One in the USA, is whatever castle Peach is in at any given time. Throughout the years, many, many castles have been added to the Peach's demense. The most famous castle is in "Super Mario LXIV", but the actual capitol is just north of Toad Town. There also exists a seat of the ceremonial Mushroom Retainers (the eight-Toad ceremonial advisors that redirect you to Peach in "Super Mario Brothers") headed by the Mushroom Chancellor who was unseated by Toadsworth. (In my head canon worldview, the Mushroom Chancellor is Toadsworth's brother and was unseated because Toadsworth was jealous that his brother was allowed to be Peach's Regent when Toadsworth was the one who raised her. In-game, this barony is held by the Mushroom Chancellor in earlier startdates and by Toadsworth in later dates.)

As far as I understand this is pretty much a one-man-mod with TurtleShroom doing everything. I just recently volunteered to do trait icons.

You should send him a PM.

Incorrect.
I need all the help I can get.

I can't code a lick. Art is my job and so are events, flavor, crowns, and the like, but I can't code my way out of a paper bag.

Last edited:
Coat of Arms Shields: XXI-XXVI
Twenty Two Through Twenty Six!

Continued from above.

22. Wind Kingdom of Ice Land (k_6); [World Six of "Super Mario Brothers III". The television canon denotes the ruler of Ice Land by a special title: "King Windbag" or "the Windbag King". This name was also a pun because it aptly described the Windbag King's personality, but apparently applies fully.]

23. Petty Kingdom of Pipe Land (k_7); [World Seven of "Super Mario Brothers III". The Mario Wiki claims that the Pipe King is supposed to be Nordic-themed/a parody of the Norsemen.]

24. Empire of Dark Land (k_8); [World Eight of "Super Mario Brothers III". This is Bowser's homeland. The rest of the Mushroom World's petty kingdoms are de jure under the Mushroom Kingdom, but Dark Land is de jure under the Koopa Troop. Bowser's imperial title consists of but one full de jure Kingdom, this one, and scattered de jure duchies and other holdings all over.]

25. Unnamed, undecided Wario state. The "Wario" series of games are very, very clear that Wario has a demense of his own. It's not very big, but it's there and it is insatiably wealthy. He also has a claim on Mario's Castle from "Super Mario Land II". In "Wario World", the chief villain was a purple jewel, who should hold a minor county nearby with permanent claims on all Wario lands.

26. Yoshi's Island (k_yoshi); [Yoshi's Island encompasses the sprawling archipelago shown to hold the Yoshi demenses. Yoshis are tribal in all games showing a governance, including a Yoshi Chief in Yoster Isle and the Isles of Lavalava, so their mechanics probably work like the Vanilla game's pagans. Yoshis never fight and are very peaceful and harmonious, so they, like Jains, should not be allowed to Holy War or go on offense. Independent Yoshi states like Yoster Isle and the Isles of Lavalava are separate matters.]

More to come.

Last edited:
Giant Land
Just a few suggestions about the titles and some other random ideas.

-Giant Land/Big Island was ruled by a Prince and also by a King at one point. To resolve this discrepancy (and also to resolve the fact that Big Island was only important in Super Mario III), we could turn Big Island into King level title that's called "The Isles" and have Big Island as a Duchy within the Kingdom, which is the capital of said Kingdom as well. We could make a variation of "Prince" to be the name for Dukes in the Mushroom Kingdom. More on that later.
-Again, Pipe Land could be part of a larger Kingdom called "The Urban Kingdom", which contains all the ultra-modern cities in the Mushroom Kingdom (like the ones seen the highway stages in Mario Kart and Diamond City from WarioWare).
-I think the Mushroom Kingdom Cultures (mainly Human and Toad) should have custom title names. Dukes should be "High Prince(cess)" and Emperor should be "Imperial Princ(ess)". There are only two known rulers of the Mushroom Kingdom, Princess Peach Toadstool and her father "The Mushroom King". I think that the Mushroom King should be represented by having a custom nickname "The Mushroom King" while his title is still Imperial Prince.
-We could have an event chain that's kind of like "hold a tournament" except instead of a tournament it would be based on the various Mario side-games (Mario Kart, Mario Party ect). Each one would be based on a certain attribute (Karting would be learning as you need to build a fast Kart, Super Smash Bros would be based on Martial, Mario Tennis would be based on Diplomacy as you need to communicate with your Tennis Partner, Mario Party would be based on Stewardship and Mario Golf would be based on Intrigue because the image of sabotaging golf is hilarious). Of course you could win with random events regardless of your abilities or you might be able to bribe someone to do something for you ect. Lots of possibilities! We could have you and all your vassals, friends and rivals (even ones from other countries) could turn up to try and win the competitions for money and prestige. These events would be limited to once per character's life and would cost a bunch of money but give you lots of prestige.

More Species Trait Icons
I have another 48 trait icons for you.

PreviewScoll.png

So, the first two rows are the same as before:

Human
Wiggler
Evil Coin
Belome (changed it to be more abstract. Too many look like balls already)

Kong
Generic non-Kong Monkey
Generic Animal
Eggplant Man
Piranha Plant
Generic Plant
Generic Insect
Generic Spider
Blow Hard
Slime

Blooper
Cheep Cheep
Blurp
Jelectro
Generic Porcupine Fish
Urchin
Generic Shark
Generic Fish
Water-being (for things made of water or elementally connected to water)
Preying Mantas
Generic Bivalve (Clams, Oysters, Scallops, etc.)
Generic Jellyfish

Generic Dinosaur
Generic Octopus
Yurarin Boo

Generic Robot
Generic Statue
Tap-Tap

Bullet Bill
Torpedo Ted
Buzzy Beetle
Bob-omb
Chomp
Bombshell Turtle
Konotako
Kaboomba
Bully

ComBat

Goomba
Generic Mole
Tamanoripu
Generic Minotaur
Goom
Food Being

And the next two rows are:

Koopa
Moneybag
Sea Cactus

Yoshi
Generic Balloon
Neuron
Snake (Yoshi's story species)
Snorkel Snake

Electro Being (Sparks, Amps, Watts, etc)
Angry Sun
Ding-A-Ling

Ice Being
Wind Being
Eyeball being
Penguin
Snowman
Puffer

Fire Being
Dragon

Toad
Spiny
Slug (Yoshi's Story)

Fairy
Shyguy
Ninji
Alien
Bandit
Dayzee
Mouser
Toady
Muddy Buddy
Chuckya

Haunted Mask (Including Phanto)
Haunted Object
Boo
Dry Bones
Fish Bones
Pionpi
Bubble
Boney Beetle
Eerie
Vampire (Picture is a bit atypical, it's an iconic scene from Nosferatu. Kurokyura are vampires in-game)
Goomboo (Also called Terekuribo from the Mario Land series)
Zenisuki
Yarikuri Obake (Boo Goom)
Gelatinous Ghost (Caged Ghosts, Potted Ghosts, Hanging Ghosts, etc)
Boo Blah
Boo Guy

That's all for now!

Last edited:
I do not like the idea of downplaying the significance of the Msuhroom World, especially because it is one of the only realms that have canon maps in-game. Worlds I-VII from SMB3 must be included in their entirety. Remember, we are trying to represent every game (except Galaxy) whenever possible, to the best extent possible. The cities like Toad Turnpike and the like will be barony cities like in the Vanilla game. Similarly to how "Game of Thrones" Mod has certain buildings with special items (such as the Dragon Castle having a giant map) on its construction page, locations with significant game relevancy can have that as well, which gives bonuses.

I do love your idea on challenging others to games. (I agree, Intrigue Mario Golf is pure comedy gold.) What if there were several choices to choose from, and any of them would take you to their representative Barony or County where you would interact with the actual lord or lady of that area? (Think of the events! THINK OF THE MONEY!)
Different cultures, traits, and different religions would cause different things to happen at the arrival. For example, Greedy practioners can charge a toll to use the requested holding, or Bowser characters could force the Mario Party participants to play "Bowserian Mini-Games" at the risk of losing their money to the host, like in the games.
For ease of coding, though, hosts don't play. They just get certian events (like the Pope gets one when a player asks him for something) corresponding to the guests.

In addition, characters could build some items like kart racetracks or their own golf courses to save time, money, and risks of traveling abroad (because a Regent must take hold).

The real question, though, is obvious. What about Kidnapping? I thought of it like the way Vikings in the Vanilla version can Plan an Invasion. A Planned Kidnapping costs much Prestige, Piety, and money. It becomes harder and more expensive to do as the demense gets bigger. A Count is easier to kidnap than an Emperor, of course, unless you hold "e_bowser", in which case you can kidnap any ruler for a fixed, but still costly, price.

Last edited:
Shields XXVII - XL
Twenty Seven Through Forty!

More shield information.

27. Super Happy Tree denotation (c_yoshi_story); PThe Super Happy Tree is the temporal god of the Yoshis. Its uprooting and disppearence causes attrition and damage to Yoshi's Island itself and normally causes older Yoshis to face an early death (though eggs seem to be unaffected). It is an actual tree that grows in the heart (pun intended), the direct center, of Yoshi's Island. Yoshis value character, honor, perserverence, and dignity and see these as traits espoused when one is truly happy.]

28. The Mansion (d_luigi's_mansion); [This is the shield for the duchy you can form when you successfully take over Gadd's Lair, Boos' Woods, the Bogmire Boneyard, and the Spooky Hilltop. At the start of the game, Gadd's Lair is independent, Boos' Woods is under fief from inside Forever Forest (I've always assumed the two were close because Gadd later shows up in Toad Town), Bogmire Boneyard is under (you guessed it) Bogmire, and the Hilltop will either be abandoned or under King Boo, depending on the start dates.)]

29. The Hilltop (c_king_boo); [County needed for forming "d_luigi's_mansion". Grants huge bonuses if held by a Boo or other ghost. Starts either unclaimed (like the GOT Mod's colonies) or under King Boo, depending on start date.]

30. E. Gadd's Lair (c_e_gadd); [County needed for forming "d_luigi's_mansion". Grants medical cures, learning bonuses, and general stat boosters to its holder. Brutally hard to siege (after all, King Boo never took it and it was literally on his driveway!), even harder to convert its religion and culture away from Astrotheology.]

31. Goomba Village (c_goomba_village); [One of my personal favorite places in Mario, Goomba Village is the sleepy village where "Paper Mario I" opens. East of Miracle Landing (see next entry), Goomba Village makes up a part of the Duchy of Goomba Road. Goomba Village is very, very close to Toad Town. Any would be conquerer knows that it's a place to start. In addition, the only way to Goomba Village is through Goomba Road, which connects between it and Toad Town, make it easy for ambushes to be set. Highly nutritious Goom Nuts grow here and here alone, while its spiky casings make for efficient weapons.]

32. Miracle Landing (c_pm1_opening); [This is the quiet, mystical forest clearing where Mario landed after being struck from miles above by Bowser with the Star Rod. Without the Star Spirits' direct intervention from their captivity and by using the last of their powers, Mario would never have woken. Miracle Landing is a Holy Site in Astrotheology.]

33. Goomba Fortress (c_goomba_king); [In "Paper Mario I", the Goomba Fortress was the site of the first boss level. Here, you fight the Goomba King Goomboss* and his the Goomba Brothers that shire under him. It sits at the edge of a great, impassable gorge. Without controlling the Fortress and its retractable bridge, you cannot enter or exit the Goomba Road and get or leave Toad Town. Ergo, it is a very difficult building to siege.]

34. This shield is a prototype for the Duchy you can form with "c_goomba_king", "c_pm1_opening", and "c_goomba_village".

35. Unnamed Shy Guy kingdom. Not sure what I should do with it yet. Shy Guys' government varies on subtype. Normal Shy Guys follow a traditional military command structure led by a general. Jungle Shy Guys are tribal and among the most primitive characters in Mario. Then there's the Dancing Shy Guys... for this Mod's purposes, Shy Guys don't get a Lunatic trait, they get a Dancing trait.

36. Shy Guy Toybox (k_general_guy); [Shy Guy Toybox is represented by a small blip next to Toad Town. It is bigger on the outside than it is on the inside, of course, so its levies are impressive.]

37. Wario's Wood (c_wario_woods); [Wario's Woods comes from the game of the same name. It is a huge forest full of danger, bombs, and large creatures the serve Wario's every command. Wario annexed it by force in the events prior to the start of the Mod. In "Wario's Woods", a Toad (yes, a Toad) managed to end Wario's aggressive expansion by literally killing off every creature in Wario's army with the bombs Wario had left over. (I guess he didn't Core it fast enough.) It is de jure under "k_wario".

38. Battle Canyon (c_battle_canyon); This war zone is the site of the "Mario Party I" level of the same name, claimed years ago by Wario, who initially enjoyed the fighting. Its two factions, the Pink Bobombs and the Black Bobombs, have been at war for generations and the scars of war are deep and visible. For Mod purposes, Wario's Battle Canyon is right next to Bobomb Battlefield. It is drifting de jure into Wario's kingdom, but is not yet there. Can you reclaim it?"

39. Bowser's Keep (c_exor); [Bowser's Keep is the gateway to the Smithy Dimension. The magical Sword of Exor is still stuck in it, but it is deactivated for the time being. At the start of the game, it is the only county that is de jure under the Smithy Gang. At some point in the game, Smithy will be back. WITH WEAPONS!]

40. Forest Maze (c_rawest_forest); Entering the Forest Maze grants your army brutal attrition and causes their Movement Speed to go down, to the point that it takes weeks to leave. You are likely to lose a lot of men here, unless you're a character like Smithy.

That's all I have for now.

Last edited:
I hope you enjoyed my artwork. It took a few days to do!

This is a Forum Post Bump to prevent this Thread from passing into Grave Dig territory! Let's keep the flame alive! (-and maybe I'll post more pictures!)

My next posts will actually be edits to the first opening page. These will contain the links to the most important discussion topics and pictures, not to mention have the fancy "TURTLESHROOM PRODUCTIONS PROUDLY PRESENTS" stuff.

Last edited:
This is a Forum Post Bump to prevent this Thread from passing into Grave Dig territory! Let's keep the flame alive! (-and maybe I'll post more pictures!)

My next posts will actually be edits to the first opening page. These will contain the links to the most important discussion topics and pictures, not to mention have the fancy "TURTLESHROOM PRODUCTIONS PROUDLY PRESENTS" stuff.

Yeah, I'm sorry I haven't been more active in the thread, but I've been too busy procrastinating doing productive work for Uni. Hopefully I'll have some more time to devote to this later.

EDIT: Oh yeah that's right I remember an idea I had now. With the Bowser Occupied Mushroom Kingdom, maybe that should work similarly to the Roman Empire in LoR. When Bowser (or Koopa Imperialist) occupies all of De Jure Mushroom Kingdom he should change to the new Empire.

Last edited:
Oh yeah that's right I remember an idea I had now. With the Bowser Occupied Mushroom Kingdom, maybe that should work similarly to the Roman Empire in LoR. When Bowser (or [Bowser Religion]) occupies all of De Jure Mushroom Kingdom he should change to the new Empire.

Look at the third shield. When a Bowser overtakes the Mushroom Kingdom, its shield and name change. That said, I do like the Rome idea, but changing the entire Mushroom Kingdom into de jure with the Koopa Troop is counterfactual. Just because Bowser managed to conquer the whole Mushroom Kingdom (which he's done several times) doesn't mean he holds it long enough to assimilate, as Rome would. Indeed, this is in violation of the official Mario games, where the entire country has successfully revolted against him, thanks to the Mario Brothers.

Should there be a flavored event where Bowser forms a great new Mushroom Kingdom? Yes. Should it work like Rome, where the de jure changes? No. If there's a way to make the whole Rome event happen, it needs to give Bowser claims on the rest of the holdings (such as the Mushroom World) instead of changing de jure. I mean that it should function like, say, forming Italy does in EU4.

Look at the third shield. When a Bowser overtakes the Mushroom Kingdom, its shield and name change. That said, I do like the Rome idea, but changing the entire Mushroom Kingdom into de jure with the Koopa Troop is counterfactual. Just because Bowser managed to conquer the whole Mushroom Kingdom (which he's done several times) doesn't mean he holds it long enough to assimilate, as Rome would. Indeed, this is in violation of the official Mario games, where the entire country has successfully revolted against him, thanks to the Mario Brothers.

Should there be a flavored event where Bowser forms a great new Mushroom Kingdom? Yes. Should it work like Rome, where the de jure changes? No. If there's a way to make the whole Rome event happen, it needs to give Bowser claims on the rest of the holdings (such as the Mushroom World) instead of changing de jure. I mean that it should function like, say, forming Italy does in EU4.

Oh no I was talking of the Koopa Troop title turning into Bowser's Empire, as the Koopa Troop would be absorbed into whatever new government Bowser forms. And that's only if he manages to defeat the various rebellions that conquering the Mushroom Kingdom inevitably entail.

Oh no I was talking of the Koopa Troop title turning into Bowser's Empire, as the Koopa Troop would be absorbed into whatever new government Bowser forms. And that's only if he manages to defeat the various rebellions that conquering the Mushroom Kingdom inevitably entail.

I don't understand what you mean. The Koopa Troop is Bowser's Empire, while Dark Land is the Kingdom title under it, de jure. (This is the same reason Byzantium has Greece de jure with Constantinople.)

I don't understand what you mean. The Koopa Troop is Bowser's Empire, while Dark Land is the Kingdom title under it, de jure. (This is the same reason Byzantium has Greece de jure with Constantinople.)

He's saying this:

In Vanilla there is a decision to turn the Byzantine Empire into the Roman Empire if you control x y z provinces. This destroys the Byzantine empire title and copies all of its information into the Roman Empire title.

In the Mario mod thread there has been discussion of having a similar decision for Bowser. If he were to control x y and z provinces in The Mushroom Kingdom (which we understand to be an empire) then, so the argument goes, that there should be a decision to form a Bowser's Mushroom Kingdom empire that destroys the Koopa Troop title and copies all of its information over into the new title. Maybe it also kills e_mushroom_kingdom?