• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 10, 2005
Welcome to Roma

italia2.gif

In this AAR I will play as Italy and taking selfishly advantage of German kindness to the point of helping the Allies to bring Hitler down.

By this point I have played the boring 1936-39 period and Germany has DoWed Poland.

rgh1189687319z.JPG

So far I have done the following to screw Germany:

-Traded supplies for oil with Stalin and selling that very same oil to Germany at high price
-Getting free blue prints and energy from Germany and selling that energy to Japan to buy stuff I can sell back to Germany at a high price (supplies)
-Selling blue prints to Germany for lots of supplies
-Getting even more free stuff from Germany
-Denying Bulgaria from joining the Axis (by inviting them to my alliance which I will break at some point)

rgh1189687514n.JPG

Can anyone guess why I'm inviting Portugal to join in?

a)To be able to sell blue prints to them
b)To build up Italian alliance in order to conquer the world
c)To screw over Germany somehow
d)all of the above?

cqs1189687638f.JPG

This game is played on Hard/Agressive. DD 1.2 with no mods

The usual annexing spree for Italy:

jdv1189697785o.JPG

and Yugo

arx1189697873o.JPG

Now this is what most people will do with Italy before entering the Axis right? But why stop here when you can get Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria for the same effort? Usually Bulgaria would have joined the Axis when I DoWed Yugoslavia but now they are stuck in an alliance with Portugal ^^

Hungary is conquered with ease.

bwy1189697986m.JPG

For Romania I must join the Axis because their independence is guaranteed by Germany. The Wermacht is delighted to help me on this one :)

So all potential allys for Germany are now annexed by me. Atleast 100 potential exp-divisions for the Eastern Front are eliminated :)

And to make things more clear I want to make sure the German forces are also occupied with Swedish partisans :)

bfi1189698150i.JPG

Forgot to post the current state of the Italian empire:

opt1189701740a.JPG

On September 23rd Mussolini declared that Italy has friendly relations with comrade Stalin (due to succesful oil trade for the past few years). Italy would not send troops against the Soviet Union in any possible invasion by Germany. The Italian army would attack only to defend the Italian Empire.

More updates coming tomorrow. I have played to April 1941 and I have about 10 mountain divisions and 20 infantry divisions ready to invade Switcherland.

Any suggestions to screw over Germany are welcome.
Should I DoW Republican Spain right after Barbarossa begins?
Go for Turkey?
Retake Libya?
Go for Vichy?

Italy is the Axis' greatest pain in the ass when it's in the Axis :D

Oh, and... take Vichy!

Vichy is a great target. Very juicy provinces there. Switzerland is hard fighting with all of those mountains, but also nice.

Updating now :)

Situation in Asia

rgh1189710583n.JPG

Switcherland is attacked and partioned between Germany and Italy. Those damn panzer divisions were just too fast so they reached Zürich and Bern before me :mad:

As a rather symbolic gesture the Italian army moves to the border of the Soviet Union. But only in a defensive role.

cqs1189710670t.JPG

and war is declared soon afterwards

klz1189710823s.JPG

I will go for Vichy later when Operation Torch is fired. I want to make it more likely that the Allies land in Southern Italy :)

I also lost almost half of my navy when I didn't notice they were engaged in a naval battle against far superior British fleet. Meh I say :)

Nimismies said:
I will go for Vichy later when Operation Torch is fired. I want to make it more likely that the Allies land in Southern Italy
You WANT the Allies to land in southern Italy??

elbasto said:
Are you planning to own the Med building some naval bombers?

Absolutely not. I think NAVs are just too gamey. Infact I sold my existing NAVs to Germany a long time ago :)

some dude said:
You WANT the Allies to land in southern Italy??

Yes. It will divert German forces from the Eastern front and make the game much more fun.

Ok I'm breaking my promise but just a little bit because I want Bessarabia.

bfi1189752652w.JPG

Appreciate it Cyprus :) Now go research some juicy doctrines!

jdv1189752693t.JPG

Some Canadian planes intercepted.

bwy1189752734r.JPG

Wohoo! My spys acutally achive something. If only the assassination of Stalin went better.

klz1189752790i.JPG