• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Capibara

Werewolf Huēyi Tlahtoāni
93 Badges
Mar 28, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Italy: Tales of Friendship, Treason, Love and Death​
Provincia_di_Siena-Stemma.png

Prologue​
It was a dark night. Cloud had covered the sky and neither a single star nor the light of the moon could be seen. Covered by the darkness, two hooded figures approached slowly to the building in front of them. It was an old castle built during medieval times and now used as a palace. One soldier was guarding the entrance, so one of the hooded ones took him without trouble hitting him in the back of the head.

“Let’s hurry, Giovanni” muttered to the other one. “We don’t have much time; they’ll be here any minute now”

“Where is he?” asked Giovanni.

“Up there” responded his companion, pointing to one of the rooms in the second floor.

“Let’s go”.

They quickly reached the stairs located across the patio and in a matter of minutes they were walking through the hall that lead to the room they were looking for. The two companions arrived to the door of the room, it was closed.

“Are you sure this is the room, Giulio? Otherwise this could become a disaster.”

“Yes, you know I’ve gone through this plan a hundred of times.”

“I hope it works.”

Giovanni opened the door. It was a well decorated room, with tapestries over the walls, except one, where a crucifix was hung. In one of the corners a big bed with red covers lay. And in the wall right in front of them, there was a desk, where a middle aged man dressed with scarlet clothes was apparently writing something. Apparently he had not heard them enter.

Giovanni approached carefully.

“Your Excellency” said Giovanni almost in a whisper.

Cardinal Alessandro Canciani turned swiftly and looked to his unexpected visitors in a mix of surprise and fear.

“Who are you?” the Cardinal exclaimed. “What do you want?”

“Please keep your voice down sir” said Giulio. “Otherwise they’ll hear us. We are Giulio Franchini and Giovanni Ricci and we are here to take to a safe place.”

"And why should I need to go to a safe place?"

"We've been informed by a reliable source that you have information regarding the conspiracy to kill the Pope and that this has come to knowledge of those involved in the plot. We also know that they are supposed to apprehend you tonight. So we must hurry before they arrive.” Giulio explained.

“So they know…” said the Cardinal, talking to himself. He turned then to Giovanni and Giulio. “And what assures you’re not the ones sent to capture and all this it’s just a farce to make your job easier?”

Giovanni smiled in a way that it looked like he was almost expecting that question.

Insieme fin la morte, niente ci farà cadere” said Giovanni. “And if that is not enough, here is this”. Then he gave the Cardinal a ring with a coat of arms on it.

The Cardinal looked at the ring while repeating the phrase Giovanni had told him. After a minute of walking around the room, he stopped and told the young men:

“This is proof enough, and you don’t seem to be soldiers of the Duke, so let’s go” he grabbed the papers he was working on before following Giulio and Giovanni, who were already leaving the room.

As they walked through the hall, they heard screams of people approaching.

“We must reach the entrance before they do, hurry!” Giulio said to his companion and the Cardinal.

They started running, while the shouts could be heard closer now. But as they reached to bottom of the stairs, they saw a group of seven soldiers waiting for them.

“Cardinal Alessandro Canciani, we are here to take you by orders of the Duke Visconti, charged of treason…”

Cazzo” muttered Giulio. “It seems we’ll have to fight our way out of here”.

“Please remain behind us while we take care of this” Giovanni told the Cardinal while he drew out his sword.

“Are you ready?” said Giulio raising his sword and positioning himself next to Giovanni.

“Always” was the answer of his friend.

“Let’s go then”.

Last edited:
Excellent!

What country are you playing? And why in the world would Cardinal Canciani want to kill the Pope?

I will be following this story! :D

A deep plot, a conspiracy to kill the pope... very good! As for your English, it is impecable :) Probably better than mine :rofl:

Say, is that the flag of Ferrara or Siena that you're using for your avatar?

I guess it's one of those two! :D

EUROO7 said:
Say, is that the flag of Ferrara or Siena that you're using for your avatar?

I guess it's one of those two! :D

Siena as far as i know :)

asd21593 said:
Friendship and love in an AAR....NOOO!!!!!

I want more treason and death!! :p

....Looks interesting, good start

:) asd

Usually in every AAR somebody gets killed.
And usually every aar includes waars, which means death.
And some chracters can't live through the whole aar.
There shall be death, allways.

But treason... that's what we need here more.

EUROO7- Thanks! It's not the Cardinal who wants the Pope dead ;)

Enewald- Please :) haha. Thanks! Just wait and see

Qorten- Exactly, Duke Visconti of Milan. If I told you, this would loose sense

robou- Thanks! I had to think a while to figure it. I don't think my English is better than yours, your narrative AARs are excellent!

comagoosie- Haha, why two months? I said two months of hold for the ABC AAR, I never said I would stop writing for two months

asd21593- Don't worry, there will be plenty of both.

And yes, it's the flag of Siena, which will be one of the countries involved, including the Papal State and Milan, but there will be little gameplay involved here, but still, I hope this AAR can keep you interested. Thanks everyone for the comments!

I actually quite enjoyed how cavalier everyone was in the first part with the conspiracy to kill the Pope. :D Nice start and looking forward to the next update!

I'm quite interested in seeing how you will incorporate all the Italian minors into the AAR. In game terms, are you only playing one Italian state? Or are you switching off from one country to another?

:wacko:

I guess I did not understand that part well!

The Cardinal has information reguarding the plot, he is not in on the plot himself!

Thanks for clearing that up! :D

comagoosie said:
what is so bad about narratives?

Just because there aren't many screenies doesn't mean it is bad ;)

But reading is harder. :p
And not everyone can read. ;)
And I am usually too lazy to read anything.
Except your aar comagoosie. :D

Because I love making nasty comments. :)
That's the only reason why to read some aar.