• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Man that did suck, similar things have happened to me when I played too casually. It seems that you did forget to stablize your senate (keeping populists and other revolutionaries at bay is matter of utmost importance). Unlike in original Rome, internal politics really matter now, which makes game more fun.

:eek: that's rubbish man, i was really enjoying this AAR
oh well i will just hope you will start up another one soon to replace it :D

thanx calum :)
Yes I'll be back with a new one cus I've found that AARs add a lot for me when I play the game, and if someone else likes reading it all the better.

Here's a small peak on the next project (which hopefully will be longer) :rofl:

rome_22.jpg

Might be posting first part tonight even, we'll see.

Indeed, I didn't feel anywhere near finished with Tarentum, but reloading to avoid civil war or the other wars would kind of have destroyed the whole point. I never reload anyway. I'm too hardcore for that lol :D

The Valkyrier said:
Indeed, I didn't feel anywhere near finished with Tarentum, but reloading to avoid civil war or the other wars would kind of have destroyed the whole point. I never reload anyway. I'm too hardcore for that lol :D

Hey, it was fun while it lasted! :D

Very impressive and instructive display of how the new mechanics must be handled...

But could you elaborate a bit on the situation when civil war first started ? Who was the character who declared independance, what was his position, his frustrations ? What was the "mistake", if there was one ?

Wow. So you lost. Super. I always like stories with bad endings better, and the fall of Tarentum has been all the sweeter because it had already risen so far. Really love this little story.

Numahr said:
Very impressive and instructive display of how the new mechanics must be handled...

But could you elaborate a bit on the situation when civil war first started ? Who was the character who declared independance, what was his position, his frustrations ? What was the "mistake", if there was one ?

The start of the problem was Carthage sending spies trying to kill off some lesser important generals. My admiral (who had 3 ranks in martial or something, which is very bad) was killed and I needed to replace him. At the time I had 3 armies which were controlled by my senate, each with 10,000 men, and one fleet. Problem now was that I only had 3 people with a high loyality score available to me. I took a chance, giving one of my skilled yet somewhat disloyal generals (Mithridatid) command of one of the armies, the one stationed up north. Mithridatid was a fairly young, I think somewhere around 30, Merchantile faction guy. He had been consul once, but in the republic a term only lasts for 2 years so it's not as big of a deal as if you play the roman republic for example. He wasn't very important, had a quite low charisma & finesse score, although he had 8 in martial. When I declaired war on the Leuci tribe it's my guess, and the only reason I can come up with, that Carthagian spies succeeded in making the generals (who were all three fighting the enemy) disloyal because just two months earlier they had a 80% or above loyality rating, while Mithridatid had something of about 40%. All of a sudden Mithridatid split off, and I was simply unlucky since both the other two follwed, leaving me with only 8,000 men. The other problem was that the rebels took so many provinces with them at once and I was only left with 4 or 5. They took Roma, which was very important because of the income it brought (and I was really low on cash at the time) and they also took my greek area's, which cut off my manpower supply. With all my armies gone I tried to rebuild, but I got the wars with the other nations and I was screwed.

Enewald said:
Extremely impressive ending! :eek:

Why is the capital of Aetolia in Sparta? :D
No idea, must be a bug cus in-game it's where it should be. Sure looks like it's in sparta though.

Last edited: