• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The big question is: Is this CK2?

Hehe, no. Just a fond reminiscence of the standard line for anything new from PDS before CK2 actually got announced. The highest wish then, as Vicky3 is now, was a CK2. ;)

Of course in theory it could be a completly new IP, but normaly they would say so in one of the first hints. As I know this was like that in Stellaris and Sengoku.
And for example the, "it is easy to spell" hint would be practically useless, if it would be a new IP, since we can't guess a completly new name. But we *can* use the hint, and think of Rome/SPQR as easy spellable names.

Didn't Johan say he really wanted to make a sports game? Don't get me wrong I'd play the shit out of a football manager game but that would be such a Johan thing to do releasing a sports game with PDS.
Not with minorities and religion though, unless you see the football supporters as religious and consider the losing side to be a minority.

Relax it's probably going to be Bismarck a new series set in 1836-1936 with focus on industrialization, economic and colonization.
They have explicitly denied this though, saying it would not be a rebranded Victoria III.

Relax it's probably going to be Bismarck a new series set in 1836-1936 with focus on industrialization, economic and colonization.

Suzaku... are you in the soup store again?!

I'm actually fairly sure it's a new IP. It would be bollocks to launch EU:rome 2. That one is 10 years old and wasn't that big of a succes. Nothing to loose by trying to launch a game in antiquity with a bold new name as a brand new IP. I actually feel that nobody is really expecting it to be named EU:Rome 2, it's just easer to refer to it as Rome 2 in discussions.

Also, there is quite a big demand for a World War I grand strategy game.

I'm actually fairly sure it's a new IP. It would be bollocks to launch EU:rome 2. That one is 10 years old and wasn't that big of a succes. Nothing to loose by trying to launch a game in antiquity with a bold new name as a brand new IP. I actually feel that nobody is really expecting it to be named EU:Rome 2, it's just easer to refer to it as Rome 2 in discussions.

I imagine they'll just knock off the EU bit and declare filthy lies and slander to any who bring up the point that it's technically a sequel to EU: Rome.

It likely is, it's not vic3, and likely not a sequel to ck EU or HoI, Rome is unlikely to go on as EU Rome but will if it is it be made a full on franchise. And with the no norway hint it pretty much has to be pre ck2 or not in real history so it will have to be a new IP.