• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

StetoGuy

The
73 Badges
May 17, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
During the game, probably within a year or two of playing a 4-man MP game one or two of my friends would suddenly stop being able to do any actions in their game and appear red on the player list under the date. The pop up of them losing connection does not appear on either mine or their game until they manually leave the game. Even after they manually leave the game sometimes the pop up does not appear at all. I am pretty sure they are not losing internet connection since other processes they run that require internet do not lose connection. In addition they have decent internet and they are able to keep up to speed until they run into this problem.

We have tried different hosts and re-hosted several times. I have also tried playing only on normal speed. In addition we have tried playing with and without programs like Hamachi and still the problem persists. We do not used any mods. We have played with each other many times before the release of the 2.8.0 patch and did not run into this issue.

I am at a loss as to what the issue may be and any suggestions to the issue would be appreciated.

Try having all players opt into the stellaris_test game version, now in the Steam betas tab for this game. That uses Paradox MP services instead of Steam's

I got the wrong name, it is stellaris_beta .

• 1Like
Reactions:
.... aaaand having actually looked again now, I was right in the first place - it is stellaris_test and it is definitely there.

Still not working.

Im not happy with this having bought the game with the sole purpose to play with others and not being able to. Im close to demanding my money back. Ive posted a Bug report with all the relevant info days ago and no answer.

Have completely wiped the game from my computer Save games, Races and all saved settings in my Doc folder. Did a clean install and even games on Tiny maps age the same error 1 Day after game is unpaused after loading in.