• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Myszpicz

Private
Jan 20, 2024
Hi, this game is really great and has a big potential but there are many annoying problems that require instatnt fixes:

1. Performance - at the beginning the game runs smoothly but now I have 300k population and performance is awful - slow and full of lags, despite my computer far exceeds the recommended hardware requirements. Even lowering the graphic settings doesn't help - it looks like it isn't an issue conected with graphic.
2. Zoning grid - this works very badly. When zoning grid is changing the buidings not matching new grid are automatically destroyed (an icon with building crossed-out and warning that the building will be removed soon). I don't want the game to demolish my buildings because of zoning grid changes. Sometimes grid is changing even if I build a road crossing 50 m farther and sometimes it changes for totally no reason. I want to save my buildings (in CS1 i could even remove the road and buildings stayed) or at least make them historical. Why this functionality (MARK BUILDING AS HISTORICAL from CS1) disappeared? Bring it back!
3. Abandoned houses - an example: citizens living in a big block with 100 flats are happy but suddenly everybody moves out! And the only reason was "small houses" (other happines factors were in plus and this plus in summary was bigger than small houses minus). This is unrealistic and illogical. Maybe 2-3 families should move out but not everyone at one time! And why abandoned buildings can't be renovated? When the block is empty the other people can move in! But NO! Every abandoned building MUST be demolished, there is no other option. Unrealistic, illogical and annoying. Please do something with that.
4. Land value and rent system - it doesn't work properly. The biggest land value around busy roads and big blocks with cheap flats? And no way to build any low density residential building there?
5. Assets - there are too few low density residential types of buildings. All low density residential districts look the same - filled with numbers of identical houses. Please give us more kinds of houses.
6. Lack of animations - police, emergency and other services - show what they are doing when called for help and arrived at place - not only the vehicle staying next to a building.
7. Trains are too slow - these new and modern trains look like running with 60-80 km/h speed. Let them go 200 km/h. Speed them up! And they stop at stations for too long especially when many people are waiting (but not entering the train). This issue isn't caused by performance.
8. Street names - in CS1 i had the possibility to decide when the street begins and how long it is. In CS2 streets are renamed automatically and there are many ultra-long streets that I can't divide.
9. Where is beautification? Where are beaches?
10. It's not possible to build a rail bridge over a ship channel. Only road bridge is available.
11. Driver AI - many times I noticed the driver who wants to park in an occupied parking place (especially on the train station). That low IQ driver was waiting until the place is empty, although there were free parking places close to him! And the traffic was stuck in the half of the city. No comment.

That is my feedback for you, devs. Or maybe for some modders if devs won't handle it :)

• 22Like
Reactions:
Your point 3 about abandoned buildings resonates with me - there's something that doesn't feel right about the way cims choose their housing, particularly in regards to low rent housing.

The speed of abandonment is also something I have issue with - IRL an undesirable block of flats would lose tenants in a piecemeal fashion, with a turnover of residents in the vacant units. Even if the whole building did empty it would remain vacant and available for re-occupancy for years before it would be considered abandoned - and as for the building then collapsing - that would take decades, maybe even longer. The whole abandonment/collapse thing is super gamey and unbecoming of a realistic city-builder.

Maybe there needs to be a 'tenancy agreement' for the cims which means they have a minimum duration where once they have moved into a residence they have to stay for minimum 12 months - and there needs to be a better algorithm judging affordability (needs to be more sustainable) so they don't instantly jump to a single family home that they can't afford. This also goes hand in hand with a mechanism for households that end up with only teens and children or a senior and a child.

The whole high rent issue in low density residential (single family homes) is also a self-inflicted own goal - by using a rental only model they've excluded the dynamic of land and house value rise being a positive for owner-occupiers which would mean high rent wouldn't apply in many cases.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The whole high rent issue in low density residential (single family homes) is also a self-inflicted own goal - by using a rental only model they've excluded the dynamic of land and house value rise being a positive for owner-occupiers which would mean high rent wouldn't apply in many cases.
"Just one more question, Professor. Is the housing shortage going to make me richer?"

• 3Haha
Reactions:
4. Land value and rent system - it doesn't work properly. The biggest land value around busy roads and big blocks with cheap flats? And no way to build any low density residential building there?
Suburbs in real life are financial money drains on the cities that contain them, compared to other zoning, because they don't generate enough tax revenue per square acre to overcome the massive maintenance costs involved with keeping up a suburbia. This is accurate.

5. Assets - there are too few low density residential types of buildings. All low density residential districts look the same - filled with numbers of identical houses. Please give us more kinds of houses.
...Who's gonna tell 'em?

1705967053833.png

• 4Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Great tempo :/ I think this game was released too early. Too many things to improve. The more I play, the more issues I find. But those most annoying I listed above. Especially 1, 2, 3 and 8.

....immediately​

Hi, this game is really great and has a big potential but there are many annoying problems that require instatnt fixes:

o_O :D o_O :D :p

Game has been broken since release, its been months. Immediate and instant is not happening!

• 3Like
Reactions:
This really sums it up nicely. These don't seem like huge fixes, but would make the game so much more fun. Beaches, palm trees, and a realistic land value system. And can we make the dams work? Oh, and let's not forget all the single kids raised by dogs that can't afford rent.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Suburbs in real life are financial money drains on the cities that contain them, compared to other zoning, because they don't generate enough tax revenue per square acre to overcome the massive maintenance costs involved with keeping up a suburbia. This is accurate.
Another Strong Towns/Not Just Bikes connoisour? Nice.
To be fair, though, I think this is true only if the city insists on owning and maintaining all the streets and plumbing.

...oh, wait, that's how CS2 works, isn't it.

...Who's gonna tell 'em?

View attachment 1076191
lol, excellent point, but at least in Europe houses and neighbourhoods tend to be far more diverse than in North America. So give us more diversity for the Scandi/Finnish ones in the European set, at least :p .

With my recent gameplaying I was monitoring how the latest patch affected issues mentioned above. I noticed that performance is better (faster), but the problem #1 isn't completely resolved. There are still some periodical slowdowns and lags but luckily they are not permanent like before. I hope there will be significant improvements coming with next patches.
#11 - I didn't noticed those stupid drivers since last patch. I hope devs managed this issue.
Other things mentioned in this thread didn't change.

The game is broken, they knew it was broken, they shipped it anyway, took your money and don’t want your feedback.

Don’t worry though, I am sure they are working hard on some DLC for ya.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I must post some update. However, issue #1 wasn't resolved by latest patch at all. My city grew over 350k and simulation speed is pathetic. Speed button doesn't work. And this is not related to comupter hardware.

You forgot the biggest bug of them all: insane taxation income.

p.s. this thread is getting more reactions than most of the related bug reports.