• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jeremie.moncion

Recruit
May 11, 2020
Hello everyone, I've experienced strange game behavior while playing my first game with this mod. I didn't want to post in the Bug Reports thread because I don't even know if these things I noticed are bugs or just new mechanics I am not used to.

So I started in Ireland as a Celt, created the Kingdom of Eire (Ireland), formed the Fianna (Holy Order) and managed to reform my religion. At this point, I got the Absolute Cognatic Tanistry succession law in my kingdom. Upon death of my ruler, his son inherited titles, but the Kingdom of Eire title was destroyed, according to WTWSMS's mechanic due to my low tribal organization.

I noticed two things that don't seem right to me.

First, the Fianna, created before reformation, kept the Old Celtic religion. I thought it was logical at first, but I managed to vassalize the Fianna and make its leader's opinion of me high enough so I could ask him to convert to my religion, pressed the button since the game was telling me he was going to accept, then nothing happened. I think there may be some vanilla game mechanic preventing the leader of a Holy Order to convert to another religion, so I don't even know if I may one day convert this Order.

Second, upon destruction of my kingdom, I lost my Absolute Cognatic succession law. I don't have access to it for my duchy and not even for my kingdom after re-creation. This law came from a doctrine of my reformed religion, so I seriously doubt that losing it as I did is intended behavior.

Thanks to anyone able to help me understand these issues, please tell me if this is normal behavior, if so, I'd be grateful to anyone willing to give me tips to get past these issues in my current or future games.

I can confirm OPs encounter with the Fianna in a similiar manner. When I played WtWsmS before Holy Fury dropped, I also created the kingdom of Ireland and reformed the celtic religion. Although the leader was my vassal and had a high opionion of me, and although the game told me he would accept my demand of conversion - he did not. Even when I forced conversion upon him via console, his religion did not change from old celtic to reformed celtic.
I am not sure, whether this is a 'bug' on WtWsmS side originally, since the celtic religion has been integrated into the mod by "Ancient Religions, Reborn", but its there and if possible, it should be fixed.
And maybe a tooltip or information should be somewhere telling the player how much prestige the prospected heir must have amassed so that the kingdom ist not destroyed. Totally struck me with surprise when it first happened. Had I known the risk I could have worked with it ... without any information beforehand, it appeared as a rather random blow the game hit me with.

Reactions:
First, the Fianna, created before reformation, kept the Old Celtic religion. I thought it was logical at first, but I managed to vassalize the Fianna and make its leader's opinion of me high enough so I could ask him to convert to my religion, pressed the button since the game was telling me he was going to accept, then nothing happened. I think there may be some vanilla game mechanic preventing the leader of a Holy Order to convert to another religion, so I don't even know if I may one day convert this Order.
I can confirm OPs encounter with the Fianna in a similiar manner. When I played WtWsmS before Holy Fury dropped, I also created the kingdom of Ireland and reformed the celtic religion. Although the leader was my vassal and had a high opionion of me, and although the game told me he would accept my demand of conversion - he did not. Even when I forced conversion upon him via console, his religion did not change from old celtic to reformed celtic.
I am not sure, whether this is a 'bug' on WtWsmS side originally, since the celtic religion has been integrated into the mod by "Ancient Religions, Reborn", but its there and if possible, it should be fixed.
This is definitely a bug.

Second, upon destruction of my kingdom, I lost my Absolute Cognatic succession law. I don't have access to it for my duchy and not even for my kingdom after re-creation. This law came from a doctrine of my reformed religion, so I seriously doubt that losing it as I did is intended behavior.
You are not meant to lose the succession law, although if you had other titles with different succession law I see why it would change. It no longer being available att all for adoption is certainly not intended.

And maybe a tooltip or information should be somewhere telling the player how much prestige the prospected heir must have amassed so that the kingdom ist not destroyed. Totally struck me with surprise when it first happened. Had I known the risk I could have worked with it ... without any information beforehand, it appeared as a rather random blow the game hit me with.
Ideally it would be an alert, although since those are hardcoded we have to work with tooltips. We will see what we can do to make the mechanic more transparent in the future.