Issues getting inmates to attend classes even though they want to?

• Victoria 3 - Sign up now!

The journey begins, sign up now and get a special in-game item when the game is released.

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
  • Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

Bennie711

Recruit
3 Badges
Jul 5, 2021
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Island Bound
Hey,

So basically i have a prison with a couple hundred people, several courses running some of them do fine but some of them don't.

If i have none of a specific course running, it'll say (eg) 47 people are interested in this course, so i start one and no one goes to it... so i set as many as i can running to see which security sector the majority of the inmates are in (eg, 1 in each church, minimum, medium and maximum security, for spiritual guidance) and maybe 1 person will go to 1 of the classes.

Am i missing something in game? Or is there a bug that im unaware of?
I've checked the rooms are complete, teachers can get to them, so can inmates and guards sometimes inmates go but only ever 1 or 2 even if theres 50 wanting to go... i dont understand

Idk maybe im just making it way too complicated and i only need 1 church for the whole prison? Any help would be great, cheers!

Attachments

• 20210705193111_1.jpg
    20210705193111_1.jpg
    686,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210705193126_1.jpg
    20210705193126_1.jpg
    584,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210705193230_1.jpg
    20210705193230_1.jpg
    557,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Alunny

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
Aug 4, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I've noticed this too. It will say 100 are interested but a lot of prisoners don't ever go, even when all the slots are maxed out and there's plenty of open spaces and seats. I sort of figured they must be working?

Bennie711

Recruit
3 Badges
Jul 5, 2021
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Island Bound
I've noticed this too. It will say 100 are interested but a lot of prisoners don't ever go, even when all the slots are maxed out and there's plenty of open spaces and seats. I sort of figured they must be working?
glad to know its not just me :) i genuinely cant figure out if its a glitch or if i'm just missing something

Bennie711

Recruit
3 Badges
Jul 5, 2021
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Island Bound
I think it might also be that they're taking other classes as well, so they may have to finish those first.
This did actually cross my mind but I can't figure out a way around it, it seems like most classes have this issue so i don't know where they're actually going XD