Issue with launching the game after installing the Tourism update

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Hey Survivors!

We're currently investigating launch issues with the game after installing today's free Tourism update. It seems that the problem occurs mostly for Windows 7 users, but we are still looking for the root of it.

If you're having issues with launching the game today, please make sure to report it under this post.

Don't forget to mention:
  • What is your operating system version?
  • Do you have any mods/assets installed?
  • On which PC platform do you play (Steam, GOG, etc.)?
  • What is your setup (GPU, graphics card, etc.)?
If possible also include a log file from: \Users\INSERTNAME\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs
And the save files from: \Users\INSERTNAME\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\17 digit folder name

You can save both files in Notepad. They do not include any sensitive information, but if it's more comfortable for you, you can also include them in a support ticket.

EDIT
We might also require crash dump files from \Users\INSERTNAME\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\crashes/ folder. We're looking for both .crash and .dmp files. They would help a lot in our investigation!

FOR THE CONSOLE PLAYERS

If you're also experiencing issues with the game, please let us know! Try to answer the questions below - you'll get points for being extra-helpful!
  1. DLC Installed
  2. Mods installed if on Xbox
  3. Game Mode (New Game / Challenges / Creative)
  4. Mission Sponsor
  5. Profile
  6. Mystery
  7. Map Coordinates (should be visible from save game screen)

Thank you!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Game not launching for me . It used to work fine. Specifically, clicking on "play" in Steam results in nothing much happening, the steam logo on the button animates a little then gives up. No window appears and no logs are created.

I'm in the same boat, being on Ubuntu 18.04 and Steam. Unfortunately, the game still does not start for me on Ubuntu even after the hotfix (which to be fair only mentions fixing the startup issue for Windows 7).
You both have this problem.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Running windows 7, had close to 700 hours in the game, new update and now it wont even start. Don't get a crash message or anything, I get a white screen for a second then back to steam.

Hey Survivors!
Hey there, is still a thing? I'm on PS4 Pro and started re-playing the game a few days ago. The problem is this:

My current game keeps crashing at around Sol 28-30. The screen freezes for a moment, audio disappears, screen goes black and the game shuts down. However, sometimes the screen freezes for a moment and then the game continues, however without sound AND without the controls working. So all I can do is watch the game and then manually shutdown the console, ouch.
As for your questions:

1) Space Race
2) no mods
3) New Game
4) Russia
5) Doctor
6) no mystery
7) 3°N 165°E

SOS, please help :)

Playing on Xbox, game kicks back to dashboard after "press any button to start" screen if playing offline. I do not have consistent or regular access to internet and I specifically became interested in this game because I used to be able to play it offline or online. Now it's unplayable.

All DLCs installed minus Marsvision, space race, and new beyond and below.
No mods
Game version is 1.0.0.23