• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

qwertyce

Private
6 Badges
Aug 15, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
I'm using 1.3, and AGCEEP for 1.3, but i have the issue in this pic:

Untitled.png

so I play with enhanced shields, with them no problems in starting a new game, but some nations have by the way the same problem of missing shield, it result underway a game, now I remember one missing flag (around 1700) for spain and england

is it a bug or i did a mistake during installation of 1.3 and AGCEEP?

PS classic shields are like enhanced, no missing at starting, only forward in game

Last edited:
I'm using 1.3, and AGCEEP for 1.3, but i have the issue in this pic:
so I play with enhanced shields, with them no problems in starting a new game, but some nations have by the way the same problem of missing shield, it result underway a game, now I remember one missing flag (around 1700) for spain and england

is it a bug or i did a mistake during installation of 1.3 and AGCEEP?

PS classic shields are like enhanced, no missing at starting, only forward in game

The currently only complete set of shields for the AGCEEP mod is the enhanced set. I had a similar problem with the Plus Ultra mod described here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?577866-Plvs-Vltra-Downloads/page7

So you can either make sure to set the right choice of shields before you start a game or you can edit the info file for the mod to permanently make that mod use the set of shields that actually is complete.

I have installed the december beta.

But I didn't know that I had to install too the latest version of agceep, I thought it was already integrated to the FtG patch.

I had a problem with shield lists once, but I think copying the related files from the vanilla folder into the appropiate mod's gfx folder solved it (Enhanced folder, shields_enhanced.txt, style_enhanded.txt)

I have installed the december beta.

But I didn't know that I had to install too the latest version of agceep, I thought it was already integrated to the FtG patch.

The AGCEEP version that came with FtG worked only with the 1.2 patch of FtG. The 1.3 FtG patch changed a lot of things like the names of religions or cultures and so a new version was needed to work with the 1.3 beta of FtG.
The beta of FtG however does not include AGCEEP so it´s new version has to be downloaded seperately.

I had a problem with shield lists once, but I think copying the related files from the vanilla folder into the appropiate mod's gfx folder solved it (Enhanced folder, shields_enhanced.txt, style_enhanded.txt)

That might work for countries that exist both in the vanilla game and the mod - however most mods have a lot more countries than the vanilla game and for those this method does nothing. And when a country has several different flags in it´s history and that is changed by event in the mod then that event might do nothing if you try to use a set of shields that is not supported by that mod.

Now I have a problem with post-1700 Spain : no shield at all...

It has something to do with Bourbon dynasty I guess. No shield on map, and on center of trade...nothing. Even on victory screen Spain has no shield. What can I do?

Now I have a problem with post-1700 Spain : no shield at all...

It has something to do with Bourbon dynasty I guess. No shield on map, and on center of trade...nothing. Even on victory screen Spain has no shield. What can I do?

There are events that change the flag of Spain to the bourbon flag around 1700 with that command:
command = { type = flagname which = "Bourbon" }
which should work as the command is described as
command = { type = flagname which = "x" }
Changes the graphic flag and shields of the country receiving the event. It is important that the new graphic files are named flag_TAGx.bmp, shield_TAGx.bmp and smallshield_TAGx.bmp. All three files must be present. To change back, use which = "".

Edit: That has already been added as a bug
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...P-bug-list&p=15876838&viewfull=1#post15876838
so it seems that some file(s) are either missing or in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Is there a solution or none? I read the bug list post but nobody seems to have proposed a solution, but I am maybe wrong, because my english is not so good as it should be.

Same problem occurs after independance of Egypt and installation of brother of Napoleon on spanish throne : no flag.

I didn't found the corresponding flags in vanilla files, so I can't solve it by myself.