- Sep 25, 2019
New Delivery and Transport systems
- Docks: use 3 new boat vehicles to replace the standard road services.
- Civilian Ferry, Inmate Ferry and Supply Boat.
- Helipads: use 2 new helicopters to replace the standard road services.
- Supply Helicopter and Prisoner Intake Helicopter.
- Contraband is available for prisoners at both Docks & Helipads.
New Helicopter Emergency Services
- Air Fire Fighters: the Air Firefighter Helicopter transports a squad of firefighters and is able to fight fires itself from the sky, Firefighters connect their hoses to the Helipad they land at instead of the road-based hydrants.
- Elite Ops: the Elite Ops Helicopter transports a squad of the new “Elite Ops” units. They are a level higher than the usual Riot Guards. The helicopter is able to deploy these units wherever the player chooses.
- Air Paramedics: the Air Paramedics Helicopter transports a squad of paramedics.
New Logistics options
- Deliveries: manage the linking of Helipads, Docks, or the road to their designated locations (Delivery, Garbage, Export, Storage, or Reception rooms).
- Transport: Allows users to toggle the specific services available to Docks, Helipads, or the Road (Deliveries, Intake, Civilians, and Exports), each service is then split further to allow users to toggle either the entire services or parts of it.
- Deliveries - Building Materials, Food, Mail, and Workshop Materials.
- Intake - Minimum Security, Medium Security, Maximum Security, SuperMax, Death Row, and the Criminally Insane.
- Civilians - Visitors, and Teachers.
- Exports - Garbage, and Exports (logs and workshop items).
New “Crate Scanner” Machine & Monitor
- The crate scanner allows for crates to be scanned (for contraband) before being brought within the prison’s walls.
- A monitor must be placed and manned by a guard for the scanner to operate.
- The monitor must be wired to the scanner in the same way as CCTV monitors.
- Multiple scanners can be wired to the same monitor object.
New Checkpoint Object
- This object works similarly to the metal detector object, prisoners will move through the checkpoint and be searched by guards.
- This object will also be manned by guards. Otherwise, prisoners will ignore it.
- This object can be used to enforce inmate searches at certain key points within the prison.
2 new Prison Plots:
- The Island Plot: An island plot surrounded with water, with no road at all, but an auto- generated boat dock.
- The Connected Island: An island plot surrounded with water, but connected to the road still via an auto-generated bridge.
2 new pre-built prisons:
- Alcatraz Island: the ruined remains of Alcatraz prison, ready to be rebuilt from scratch.
- The Rock: a ready-to-play copy of the running Alcatraz prison.
- Shallow Water (Flooring item)
- Placing certain objects on water (Stepping Stones, Buoy, Fountain)
New water tiles
- Visual Water Blend.
- Shallow Water.
- Deep Water.
- Standard Water.
- Water (Shallow)
- Dock (Wooden)
- Water (Large)
- Wind Sock
- Deck Chair
- Stepping Stones (Ice)
- Scanner Machine
- Scanner Monitor
- Stepping Stones (Lily Pad)
- Boat Dock
- Ferry Dock
- Life Ring
- Light (Green)
- Light (Red)
- Metal Barrel
- Mooring Bollard
- Stepping Stones
- Stepping Stones (Pallet)
- Stone Water Spout
- Wooden Barre
- Placing Water over land tiles
- Placing land tiles over water tiles
- Placing utilities over water.
- Visual Water Blend.
- Cliff Edge
Dynamic Reputations: When prisoners perform certain actions/behavior or spend time in certain areas, they will gain a rising % chance to earn or lose a Reputation trait. With the available reputations being as follows:
- Skilled Fighter
- Expert Fighter
- Extremely Deadly
- Extremely Quick
- Extremely Strong
- Extremely Tough
- Extremely Volatile
- Escape Artist
- Fixed an issue that caused Snipers to go to occupied Guard towers.
- Fixed an issue that caused Cooks to operate CCTV Monitors, Phone Taps and Door Controls.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent teachers from arriving at the prison.
- Setting custom security sectors will no longer block some programs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the use of “Free Fire” in Unlocked or Staff Only security sectors.
- The Appeal Tooltip for Death Row has been improved.
- Fixed a visual issue with new wall types in Utility view.
- New walls are no longer transparent for Gunfire/Taser line of sight.
- Fixed an issue with inmates stuttering their way to the Yard.
- The “Force Riot” function is now working properly.
- Custom security sectors do not block Escape Mode cell assignments anymore.
- Fixed an issue that prevented armed guards from shooting on GABOS.
- Fixed an issue that prevented external staff from walking through Visitor Doors.
- Fixed some crashing issues.
- Implemented some quality of life improvements for clients in a multiplayer game.
- The Warden can go beyond the map boundaries in Warden mode.
- Dismissing the helicopters of the new Air Emergency Services can lead to some visual and gameplay issues.
- The unit will remain on the map (Air Paramedics).
- When dismissing the Air Firefighter unit, a fire truck will drive past the map (potentially on water).
- MAC: Setting build priority does not work as indicated to the player (Alt+Click).
- Air Paramedics can't leave the map after dismissing their helicopter on Island Plot map.
- “Map renamed" prompt is displayed even though the user backed from the menu or selected the same name.
- If the user plays escape mode game on a downloaded prison and goes back into the escape mode selection screen, it is still trying to get the downloaded maps and as it can't download escape saves, it finds nothing.
- Storage room has no icon in deliveries in logistics menu.
- Marking only half of a long object with the Clone tool creates a cloned object with the unselected part of the object lacking collision.
- Movement over stepping stones can be weird sometimes.
- Tired/Exhausted guard dogs are unable to use the Ferry.
- “Rename Text” strings might miss localizations.
- Splitting the intake via the logistic menu -> transport may lead to only getting only one type of prisoner coming in via its selected logistic mean, while the others don't arrive and the player still cashes the second one.
- On a ferry with 10 spots, 10 pairs of dog handlers and dogs would claim the 10 spots, but the first 10 units (5+5) would get in but the other 10 units (5+5) would get stuck trying to board. (handler = 1 space, dog = 1 space).
- Helipads, docks and roads do not show a warning when they are not connected to deliveries.
- User isn't informed why the Emergencies are LOCKED when they have no Helipad.
- After deleting a save, save and exit in the next prison map used, it can cause a save data overwrite of another prison. The prison that gets overwritten, can sometimes be a warden map, and other times an architect save. (This is a legacy issue that has been around for quite some time already. The reproduction steps are so specific that it makes it an edge case).
- Sinks close to walls can be used as "doors" after interaction.
- Prison Stories "Death Row" progress blocker with electric cables.