• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all,

I've got sad news and good news. First the sad news.

You might have guessed it, since my last post in this thread was five months ago, but I'm stopping with this AAR. Not because I haven't updated it for such a long time, but because I'm busy with other stuff and, most importantly, the game was no fun any more. I got too powerful! World conquest is actually quite boring, and it was more difficult not to conquer the world than it was to do so.

After the last update, I participated in the First AAR Short Contest, which I won with Westphalia Alert. For about a month I was busy creating, anonymous, the posts. It was an exciting time, but it drained all my time. I had planned to work on Islamic Spain in between, but well, that didn't happen.

Then it was December, and I got very busy. There were many other things to be done, so Islamic Spain had to wait. I played a few more years, but then that stopped too. I became almighty, and at the moment I stopped, the prospects were that I could easily go on and run for world conquest. I have done that a few years ago: I found it really, really boring.

Here is the state of the world in 1630:

1630-03-10.jpg

The situation in Europe, 30 March 1630.

As you can see, I've colonized the entire coastline of both North and South America. Practically, the continent is mine. I almost conquered the entire Western Europe, and the small countries that weren't incorporated, were vassals. I earned 778 ducats per month, while my largest opponent (Lithuania) earned 193 per month. Yes, they had a standing army of 158.000 man, somewhat larger than my 148.000 man, but they were at their maximum support level, while I had a maximum of 647.000 man. If I wanted, I could create an army to overrun them. And my navy consisted of 232 ships, while the next nation (The Byzantine Empire) had 32... With 424 provinces I had four times as much provinces as Lithuania. IF Lithuania wanted to beat me, I had to do my best to lose.

I'll keep the savegames: maybe one day I'll continue it. But don't count on it. For now, I officially close this AAR.

I said there was good news too...

Right after Christmas, I started to work on a new AAR. It's a complete new idea I had, but it requires much work. I'll be making multiple seasons. Each season has first to be played, then to be written and finally to be posted. Due to the nature of the AAR, I have to complete a season first before I can start to post it. With my current schedule, I think I will start posting the first season next summer. Keep an eye on my signature or my Inkwell to stay updated. So don't worry: I'll return with something better :).

I'm sorry to abandon the AAR. I hope you all enjoyed it! I surely have.

Monnikje

Last edited:
You are truly a map god! I quickly breezed though this thread looking only at the maps and yet I feel like I know exactly what went on, how, and why!!

This was one of the coolest and best AARs around, and it's good to see you gave it a glorious end =)

Your AAR will live in the memory of nations and all generations will honor it's name :)

No more great updates with abnormaly huge conquests that strangely enough actually was fun. This kind of AARs were the player literally conquers everything usually are pretty dull, but you made it very interesting! :)

I've just read this AAR and can say that you are GREAT at story. If you continue, maybe you can try to fight all the big countries of the world in a SECOND great war. Anyway, I will follow this new AAR. Still can't believe you actually closed this AAR!