• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Interesting (and ofc not good!). Can you try and close the game and exit the Steam client, restart your PC and then start the game again? I've had this issue on a different game where the install actually wasn't completed until I did a full restart.

Thank you for trying! We had a customer give us the following workaround, can you see if it works for you?

I got it to work by letting it break the first time - then reloading and when it asks you the first prompt you say 'no' and it just loaded up very quickly.

Interesting, a few more questions if I may:
  • Do you have multiple displays? If so, can you disconnect one and see if that works? May sound odd but we had another game crashing when multiple displays were connected!
  • Can you attach a DxDiag to this thread?
  • Can you try and run Steam as Adminstrator?
  • Have you tried running Steel Division directly from the install directory?

Thank you all, please continue to share your problems! Eugen is aware of it and are working hard on finding what's causing them. The more details you can provide about your rig, what you did when it happened, what steps you've taken etc the better! Please note though that we won't be able to push a fix until tomorrow so bear with us.

Is there a way to set the resolution manually? I tried opening the files in the steam directory using wordpad/notepad which works in some games, but didn't get anywhere.
Sadly none that I know off. If anyone else has managed it please share because, remember, sharing is caring!

Gang, thanks for your patience, I know this isn't ideal nor enjoyable but rest assured we are reading all your replies and working hard to find a solution. It may take a little bit of time, but we will get to the bottom of this and have you all playing sooner or later!

Morning all! I've just read up on the thread, great to see you are all trying to help each other out, it warms me :D! Just wanted to le you know that all of this is being passed on and that Eugen is hard at work locating the cause of all these crashes.