Is there somewhere I can get a list of province names and corresponding province numbers?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alexvk3bqn

Sergeant
Aug 27, 2020
In my current game I've been trying to buy up provinces from Britain to form new minor countries as my puppets.
Partly to give me allies and bases spread around the world, partly because I feel I need more quality opponents to play cricket against.
(Yes, I'm fully aware of how strange an idea that is, and how totally irrelevant it is to this game.)

I'm assuming the provinces needed to form them are the ones listed by number in the "revolts.txt" file, but I can't find a way to translate those numbers into province names.

I can guess at some of the critical ones, but can't be sure of a lot of the "optional" ones.

So far I've managed to get Israel, The West Indies, Libya (Part of which I'd captured during the war, and part of which I bought), Kuwait, Jamaica and something called the "Trucial States", which is actually just Abu Dhabi .

The provinces required for Jamaica, Kuwait and Israel were fairly obvious, but I'm trying for several other countries as well, and when they have a lot of provinces, it's difficult to work out which are the "minimum" required ones, and which are the "optional" ones just from a list of numbers with no identifying names.

Most of the African ones require a fairly large number of provinces, and working out the requirements is somewhat confusing.

Alexvk3bqn

A further note.

I have also just discovered (and I concede I find this DEEPLY amusing), that after I released the West Indies, they claimed Puerto Rico from America and have taken ownership and possession of it.

Apparently things can get even stranger than I thought.

Alexvk3bqn

• 1Like
Reactions:
I forgot to include Malta in the earlier list of minor countries I own.

I also just got Egypt, basically by buying every province I could near the Suez canal, until the game listed creating it as an option.

Apart from Cairo, I still have no idea which of them were the ones that mattered.

Shortly after I released Egypt, they claimed back all the territory in the country that the British still owned.

Alexvk3bqn

Look in the Darkest Hour>Modding Documentation folders.
There you'll find DH_province_list.pdf and DH-IDmap.png.

Reactions:
Also, a command I find helpful when parsing event and other text files that list provinces by ID is "showid" - just open your console and type it in, and any province you mouse over while that command is active will show a province ID# in the bottom right of your screen.

Even if you don't use cheats for a gameplay advantage, many of these commands are quite helpful in fixing bugs and other issues, which even the most polished mods for DH often contain: https://hoi2.paradoxwikis.com/Cheat_Codes

I often use the console to fire events that have failed to trigger for some reason or another.

Thank you for the response.

That "showid" command hadn't even occurred to me.
It's a good idea.

I did find the pdf mentioned earlier listing province id's, and it has proved very useful.

Alexvk3bqn.

• 1Like
Reactions: