Is there really no way to choose how the wires get connected?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PinkRei

Recruit
Mar 18, 2020
sm.png

Behold my power accumulator, tucked right where it will fit perfectly between some stuff in an act of space efficiency. On the left is my main power cable. You may notice that instead of the power accumulator's wire connecting straight to the cable, it for some reason snakes around through the sterling generator and the water thing. That stirling generator, and the one next to it, are for emergencies, and so are turned off all the time. This means that when night comes, my entire electrical system fails because instead of connecting directly to the cable feeding everything, the accumulator sends it to a turned off building, so it doesn't transmit power through.

This is stupid for obvious reasons, and I am not aware of any reason why this situation is my fault. I didn't notice buildings showing what direction the wire will come out from when I built them, and if, in addition to that, I am not allowed to change where wires go after things are built, then that's like, a serious dealbreaker in terms of like, me continuing to play this game, because how can you possibly be expected to manage a power grid if the connections go in completely random directions?

Please, if there is a way to change how the wires from buildings connect, tell me. I really want to play this game because so far everything else has been really interesting.

Most of the game is preplanning before implementation. You could rearrange the power there, but most likely you'll have to remove the generator and replace it to do so.
I will say, however, jamming things in close together can create issues with rovers not being able to get to buildings or conduits to affect repairs. You're clearly fine in this case, as I can see rovers moving through the location. But it is generally not a bad idea to leave a little open space around buildings and piping as once you realize a rover can't get to a location it becomes more of a headache than if you just spread things out a little bit.

Reactions: