• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

derbius

Second Lieutenant
34 Badges
Dec 22, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
My AI pals are farting around up N while I am getting creamed - the enemy cities are vulnerable but I have no way to suggest they grab them. In both multiplayer and single player I would like to be able to say "defend/attack here" (and other things).

Please tell me it's there but I am just not seeing it!

Upvote 0
Agreed, my friends and I play co-op, and lament at least once per play session at the lack of a mini-map ping.

I would suggest that an Alt-click or Shift-click on the Strategic map make a "ping" appear on the Strategic- and Mini-maps for 3 seconds. The ping color should be the primary color of the clicking player.

The pings could be visible to all Human players, or only to Allies / Teammates, developer's choice. :p

Ludomancer

I 'bought' a powerful NPC player's allegiance but really wish I could tell them to join me in an attack when they are standing right by me (if they happen to be next to me when I actually attack something they would take part but I can't encourage them to follow me when I move!)

There is a way to ping in multiplayer.
You must be in a federation, then all players in that federation can see the ping (Alt + left click).
So, when you play with 8 players and 4 federations, each federation has its own pings.