• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

blackcat

Recruit
37 Badges
May 10, 2017
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
First of all many thanks for the great game that aow3 is.

I have about 10 mods that clash with one another and would like to programmatically create a compatibility mod.

For this I would need to know how to open the rpk files and what their encoding and file format is.

Has anyone managed to modify mod files programmatically?

Would love to hear about your experiences.

So I am on Linux without access to the map editor. Based on some of the docs it seems to me the rpk files were xml files so I was thinking if I knew how the files were encoded I could open them and merge them with a programming language such as python

I am on Linux as well and sadly, the Steam OS launcher only allows us to play the game in or out debug mode (and there's no editor nor mod packager in game files(?)).

I quickly gave up trying to run a Window version of Steam with Wine because of too many redistributables, but perhaps it's the way for us to access the map editor and mod packager?

I was given a tool working on Window to open 8ld archives that contain xml files. So I can only play with text content. At least you could settle text uncompatibilities by replacing some xml files directly in the mods' directories where they are plain readable (not packaged).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was given a tool working on Window to open 8ld archives that contain xml files. So I can only play with text content. At least you could settle text uncompatibilities by replacing some xml files directly in the mods' directories where they are plain readable (not packaged).

Curious to learn more about the ld8 file structure can't find much information googling about what is the software you use to open the 8ld archives? Also how do you know the mod files 8ld archives?

.xml and .ld8 are for texts and localizations. The Map Editor is for maps, not for mods.
As I said the first time, there is no need to open the .rpk with a "programme". Just open them in the Mod Editor, and do your compatibility fixes. Also, I doubt you have 10 mods which class with each other, never heard of so many conflicts.

.xml and .ld8 are for texts and localizations. The Map Editor is for maps, not for mods.
As I said the first time, there is no need to open the .rpk with a "programme". Just open them in the Mod Editor, and do your compatibility fixes. Also, I doubt you have 10 mods which class with each other, never heard of so many conflicts.

Thanks Hilidan, I am on Linux so was hoping to have a solution without needing a Windows Virtual machine. Long term I would also like to merge mods that are similar or could be interesting to combine.