Is there any way to make assaults viable in PvP?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pewpew!

Captain
Apr 24, 2018
As of right now assaults are essentially useless unless its a long range design like the awesome. Can anybody prove me wrong on this? It seems like them always moving last totally screws them. Would a higher cost limit essentially guarantee you need to bring at least one assault?

there have been some ok lances built for even 20 mil involving an awesome but I haven't seen much else that worked. that said in unlimited you see them a bit more often. as far as I know there are no full unlimited pvp turnaments happening yet. the elemenation chamber allows you to field up to two assaults and so far both highlanders and atlas's have been common in lances. I would not say useless but very cramped by the lower cost matches. I gather full assault on assault action is kinda reserved for unlimited fights by design. in iswars you see a lot of doom stacks as they are called in planetary assaults. these are often met with the lighter forces of the planetary garrison, who occasionally win despite tonnage diffrences depending on the players and specific mechs involved. tho I don't think any o the all locust lances ever won at all. in the 20 mil lance I refered to the awesome is there more as a melle monster than a long range combatant, the long guns are just to force the enemy to close to where the awesome can smash them.

while true I have yet to hear of even a hint of unfair game play in the tournaments. iswars has had some disagrements on playstyle (what is camping) but no actual cheeting as far as I know. As long as I am playing people on the discord I really doubt taking advantage of agreed upon limits will be a thing. if it happens I imagine there will be screenshots and people will no longer play the cheeter.

Adding the brackets is out of our control. I did make a post on the suggestion forum to add brackets in increments of 5 million from 5 to 50.

As for viability of assaults in pvp, they are absolutely viable. Moving only in phase one offsets the sheer amount of firepower and armor they have. It’s hard to use them in a 20m match but not impossible. 25m allows for some more wiggle room but for full assault lances we do need larger brackets

I refuse to believe any regular player on the discord would fail to honor a match with a money agreement before hand.

This is our virtual game store. The place you go because the players are good people. It’s not the normal anonymous online pvp where you can’t trust people farther than your mouse cord.