• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AFriendlyOnionBro

Recruit
85 Badges
Sep 28, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
I've been following this mod for a few years now. And I must say, I'm really impressed with the quality of the mod, and i'd love to help, but I don't know the first thing about CK2 modding, but I'll have a bit more free time to contribute over the next couple of months, so I'd be happy to do some of the research work if there's a particular area required?

Many thanks, I hope WTWSMS keeps being my favourite mod for years to come!

Thank you for the kind words! :) Research is always needed. It can range from researching fitting county and duchy-level characters for the history to flavour content for religions and cultures that lack them. Depending on what your area of interest is, I can give you some directions on what you could research in order to contribute. I see that you have already started helping us out in the bloodlines thread.

Persia and Bactria are particular interests of mine. So I'd be happy to look into both of those. But the only regions I have no idea about are Africa and India, so any European or Middle Eastern stuff I can look into really :).

Persia and Bactria are particular interests of mine. So I'd be happy to look into both of those. But the only regions I have no idea about are Africa and India, so any European or Middle Eastern stuff I can look into really :).
One alternative would be research to find vassals in areas that don't have them, to ensure that there are more count- and duke-level characters. @IlikeTrains has been working a lot on this since the latest update, but I don't think anything has been added to Bactria. Another option could be that you research traditions and customs of the cultures and religions that exist in Persia and Bactria, to allow us to add more flavour.

I did a little bit of research into Bactria, some of it's dynastties, it's culture and what not, And wrote some suggestions for the region. for some reason none of my ck2 mods would run for me on my laptop. So I've had to use the Vanilla CK2 map as a reference when writing this. I hope some of this is useful :)

Bactria wtwsms

The Kingdom of Bactria

I think all of the following duchies should, when held together by and independent ruler, allow the formation of the Kingdom of Bactria.

Forming the kingdom of Bactria would provide the ability to restore Bactrian culture as the primary culture and allow the ruler of Bactria to convert themselves and their court via decision to Bactrian culture. (Bactrian culture had almost died out by 476, and only Balkh should start with Bactrian culture, other provinces should be Afghan or Sodian)

Bactrian culture would have a few characteristics

-be in the byzantine culture group

-Have persiangfx portraits

-Allow blinding and castration

Have a decision called “study the old faiths” which allows the character to either “Follow the faith of Alexander” and convert to Hellenism (or it’s reformed variant if already reformed) and gain sympathy for Indian religions, or “Follow the faith of Demetrius” Buddhism and gain sympathy for pagans. Or a third option for a cynical character to “reject this supposititious nonsense” and gain 100 prestige, not converting to either. “Study the old faiths” should be unavailable to zealous characters.

Duchies of Bactria

Duchy of Zabulistan

Kalat – Hindu religion

- Temple holder (temple of Kalat Kali) is a Hindu

Zamindawar – Held by the Zunbil dynasty, Buddhist in 476

- A Zunbil Holder of Zamindawar should get an event starting either in selectable from the intrigue screen starting in 600, or triggered when the Sassanid empire collapses (the empire of Persia is no longer held by a Zoroastrian) to for Zunism. This event would flip all Buddist provinces, vassals and courtiers to Zunist, and if the holder is a king or duke tier vassal of Persia, grant independence.

Ghazna – Buddist Religion

Duchy of Kabulistan - Ruler is either Buddhist or Hindu (conflicting information), of Tibetan culture (if Tibet is being implemented this patch), have the tier 3 learning education, and of the Shahi dynasty

-Duke of Kabulistan possibly has a unique Shahi dynasty

-Blood of Shahi

Founded AD 250

Patrilineal

-Buddhist Opinion: +10

-Hindu Opinion: +10

-Defence: +10%

-Enables Sky Burials

-Flavour text: Blood of the first Kabul Shahi. The Kabul Shahi would rule Kabulistan for seven centuries, before being push east by Islamic conquerors

-Kabulistan was said to have it’s roots in Scythian culture. As the Greek, Indian and Persian influences are much stronger though, I’ve tried to represent this a little by giving the Sahai dynasty the ability to hold sky burials.

Kabul – Held directly by The Duke of Kabulistan

-Province is Buddhist

Bamian – Province is Buddhist, temple is province capital

Kunduz - Held directly by The Duke of Kabulistan

Duchy of Balkh

Balkh – Balkh was a large city in this period, it should have 5 holding slots, with a castle, a city, 2 temples and an empty slot

-Only starting Bactrian cultured province

-Buddhist province

-second Temple holding held by a Jewish priest

Guzgan – Buddhist province

Maymana – Zoroastrian province

-Hephtalite cultured

Duchy of Herat – Duke of Herat is of the Tirek dynasty, is Buddhist has a military education, and holds the provinces of Badghis and Herat

Mandesh – Hindu province

Herat – Ruler is the Duke of Herat

-Church held by nicene bishop in earliest start, as there was a nicene bishop of herat in 430 bc

Badghis – Ruler is the duke of Herat

-Buddhist province

Kanj Rustaq – Buddhist province

Hiya, I'm a student of "Patristic Theology" or rather what and who were going on in Late Antiquity with the Nicene church. I may be able to help as the university I'm staying at has a massive library all full of old books on the matter.

? part of it, yes, im more focused on christology and late antique heresies. Valentians, Montanists, Docetists, Arians, Eutychians, and the like. But i do know a fair bit of Trinitarian (Or lack there of) theology. I've read Athanasius, Cyril, Gregory, Origen, Augustine, Tertulian, Isodore, and other Fathers too. And anything else would be easy as going 1,000 feet from my room. I could also always ask the professors here in my department.

Hey everyone. I could also help with Egypt (names of duchies/counties/cities in and beyond Egypt, Early Middle Ages Egyptian names/dynasties/characters and so on) as a egyptologist and Coptic language enthusiast.

Love your mod and will be really glad to help!

The Kingdom of Bactria

I think all of the following duchies should, when held together by and independent ruler, allow the formation of the Kingdom of Bactria.

Forming the kingdom of Bactria would provide the ability to restore Bactrian culture as the primary culture and allow the ruler of Bactria to convert themselves and their court via decision to Bactrian culture. (Bactrian culture had almost died out by 476, and only Balkh should start with Bactrian culture, other provinces should be Afghan or Sodian)

Bactrian culture would have a few characteristics

-be in the byzantine culture group

-Have persiangfx portraits

-Allow blinding and castration

Have a decision called “study the old faiths” which allows the character to either “Follow the faith of Alexander” and convert to Hellenism (or it’s reformed variant if already reformed) and gain sympathy for Indian religions, or “Follow the faith of Demetrius” Buddhism and gain sympathy for pagans. Or a third option for a cynical character to “reject this supposititious nonsense” and gain 100 prestige, not converting to either. “Study the old faiths” should be unavailable to zealous characters.

The Bactria of late antiquity was not the Bactria of the Greeks, as while the Bactria script was indeed Greek influenced Greek culture and religion had been essentially non-existent in the region for close to 200 years before the start date.

Hiya, I'm a student of "Patristic Theology" or rather what and who were going on in Late Antiquity with the Nicene church. I may be able to help as the university I'm staying at has a massive library all full of old books on the matter.
Hey everyone. I could also help with Egypt (names of duchies/counties/cities in and beyond Egypt, Early Middle Ages Egyptian names/dynasties/characters and so on) as a egyptologist and Coptic language enthusiast.

Love your mod and will be really glad to help!
Please post your suggestions and feedback here in the forums and we will consider them!