Is there any life here? (Moved from the "Buy Dark Horizon here" sticky)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The devs were done before 1.6.0.1, which is made by a volunteer programmer on his spare time.

If you want to get advance notice about any possible future patch, you should go to this programmers beta forum as according to this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?414488-Dark-Horizon-Open-Beta-Test

I don't know if there is anything going on there, but Stucuk apparently answered questions there this summer at least, so it's not impossible that there are still good things happening there.

But for the foreseeable future, I'd say 1.6.0.1 is what you can expect.

Im still alive though i don't generally look at the Paradox forums (Say once every 3-4 months when i remember).

I will still fix any bugs in can in Tarr or Dark Horizon which players report to me (OBT Forum which Nikolai II linked to is the best place to report bugs), but i am not actively developing new features for the game(Such as better Joystick Support).

Im currently trying to Crush all the memory leaks in TC and DH (With 1.0.6.0 both games use the same Code base, before they used separate source. Which is why the version numbers are now the same. They do have some code which is different however so the Lua code from TC isn't compatible with DH) which isn't easy due to the amount of possible leaks (You can never be 100% sure if it is a leak or a false positive). Also switched the Memory Manager to FastMM, so in theory it should have better memory management (Faster). So 1.0.6.2 will come sometime.

They nearly went bankrupt in 2009 but managed to get a contract for another game called Cold Stars (Only in Russian). Iv contacted Timur and asked to see if he still has the Tarr/DH sites and if i could host them. Would like to keep the official sites alive.

Cold Stars Videos:
- Cold Stars Summer 2009 Trailer
- Cold Stars 2009 Gameplay Trailer

P.S I don't have Cold Stars Source (Or the game) so i can't offer any support for it.

i am in GG FreeGames beta, and i can tell you what Dark Horizon is in it so in the near future maybe more people go to play it and some user made patches could see light ¿dont you think?

What version are they using? 1.6.0.1 is the latest Official Version.

they use that version, but i add the usermade patch available here in the forums

What user made patch?

sorry, that was a mistake the GG version use something like 1.5.... but i found the 1.6.0.1 here in the forum and i add it to the game, what itself is a nice game with an interesting gameplay

sorry, that was a mistake the GG version use something like 1.5.... but i found the 1.6.0.1 here in the forum and i add it to the game, what itself is a nice game with an interesting gameplay
Bad idea for them to use anything other than 1.0.6.1 . My patches (Which are Official!) fix some bugs with the engine and fix some crash's caused by the Lua scripts (For example when you destroy something before the game wants you to can in some missions cause the game to crash as it tries to do stuff with things which no longer exist without checking if they exist or not).

I have no clue. I never bought Dark Horizon, Timur sent me a copy(No installer, just the files). So i have never experienced any font issues. If putting the Verdana font in the DH directory solves the problem then they don't(the font file is not included in any of my patches), if its related to the actual code of the EXE then it should(As i was sent the latest copy of the source code).

Well, you mentioned in the other post that the files were probably gone anyway, so I'll remove the sticky and people will have to say if they have problems with fonts not being shown..