Is there a way to increase font-size of the conversations text?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KatieElizabeth

Private
11 Badges
Nov 12, 2016
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
I'm playing at 1440p and while the game looks great, the conversation text is really small - I need to squint. I think the darker background might also be making my eyes more tired - I can't tell. Maybe it's just the squinting.

The top post on google said you couldn't increase the font size, but that was a few years back. Has anything changed?

And a lot of posts had responses to this type of request saying something to the effect as "Well I don't have a problem - I think it's fine." Well, my vision is really poor and I'm really sorry I wasn't blessed with good vision from birth, so I dunno what to say... I am squinting like crazy.

I can turn down the resolution, but then I cannot play it in as windowed fullscreen anymore... it needs to be full screen. And when the game is in full screen and I alt-tab or do something on my second monitor, the frame rate stutters massively. Keeping it in windowed fullscreen let's me use the second monitor without affecting framerate.

So basically, I have to choose between text legibility vs a smooth frame rate... not a good choice :(

Please tell me someone has a solution. I really like this game.

In Options-Graphics is a slider for Font Scale.

Is it that you didn't see that, or it doesn't work the way you want?

125% is definitely not large enough, no. Everything I wrote was with the assumption that it was already set to 125%.

I need it to be 150% most likely. Maybe even 175%.

Everything is just so small.

:(

I see. Then all I can suggest is reducing the game's resolution, which as you say means fullScreen or Windowed mode.

Sorry about that!

When I wrote this, full-screen had stuttering issues. I did some research and the nvidia control panel allowed me to turn off g-sync for this specific game. That fixed the stuttering issues on full-screen so I didn't have to play on windowed-fullscreen mode.

I played this game a long time ago, I had different monitors and even a different graphics card, so this issue was new to me. Anyway, disabling g-sync and setting it to a fixed refresh rate actually made the game playable in Fullscreen, which now enables the lower resolution, in case anyone else was wondering what the answer was.

Obsidian needs to put an intern on this game to address the last few non-working things in this game. It's a shame it's been abandoned. The game deserves better than that.