• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(44072)

Captain
May 7, 2005
I was wondering if there's a way to take the human player out so that you can watch what the A.I. does by itself. It could be useful as a scenario test, but also I just think it would be fun to see the alternative histories in the GC.

magritte said:
I was wondering if there's a way to take the human player out so that you can watch what the A.I. does by itself. It could be useful as a scenario test, but also I just think it would be fun to see the alternative histories in the GC.

Proper forum etiquite would be to search the FAQ. I'm certain the answer already exists, as I've read about people saying it can be done by 'playing' the rebels (perhaps pirates and natives would work as well).

-Pat

Pirates and Rebels are not 'meant' top be playable though, so there are risks inherent in making them playable (increase in CTDs).

There is no way to have nothing human-controlled at all, but a popular method has been to add a nation on a Hawaiian island with a mighty fortress and conduct no diplomacy nor do anything else.

Welcome to the Forums :)

metalfoot said:
Assuming you did that, how would you see what's going on in other places? I thought you could only view your area of the map?

Pressing F12 opens the cheat-screen where you can type columbus to get to see the whole world, then you can follow whatever happens.

If you have turned on "Fog of War" then I think that pappenheim is the cheat to turn that off so you can see armies as well.

There is a list of cheats somewhere on the forums, but the server is so slow right now that I can't go look for it at the moment.

Thanks. I just tried playing Dai Viet passively in the IGC, figuring that wouldn't affect the course of Europe much, with the columbus cheat on. It's been interesting. It seems like the A.I. fights wars more aggressively in IGC (much more annexation, especially). For example, Turkey annexed the Mameluke's by 1496, and in 1517, Spain annexed the Papal States. The A.I. also seems a bit less predictable--certain patterns that seemed scripted in the original (Russia's wars with Kazan, Spain's rapid expansion in the America's) haven't occurred.

magritte said:
Thanks. I just tried playing Dai Viet passively in the IGC, figuring that wouldn't affect the course of Europe much, with the columbus cheat on. It's been interesting. It seems like the A.I. fights wars more aggressively in IGC (much more annexation, especially). For example, Turkey annexed the Mameluke's by 1496, and in 1517, Spain annexed the Papal States. The A.I. also seems a bit less predictable--certain patterns that seemed scripted in the original (Russia's wars with Kazan, Spain's rapid expansion in the America's) haven't occurred.

Have you tried Languish IGC AI?
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150071

If not, please do and comment upon differences :)